Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 68
  1. #1
    Player
    themadnun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    12
    Character
    Spikey Mel
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    THAUMATURGE Lv 50

    Ban kicked players from instance for the remainder of said instance.

    When a person is kicked for harassment/afk/whatever other reason they have the opportunity to join again through duty finder's "Join in progress". Multiple times I have experienced a person being kicked and then sits with DF open queueing for the instance and manages to join multiple times.

    Party members can only vote to kick once every 4 hours so after 3 rejoins the griefer can just sit there afk until everybody has to abandon.

    Banning the player from entering that specific instance after being kicked will remove this common griefing tactic.

    *EDIT*

    A lot of people are misinterpreting this, so I'm going to write a quick scenario which explains the process.

    A party starts a dungeon, at some point, one is kicked. This kicked player is banned from that particular instance, which means that if they requeue with "In-progress" they cannot enter that specific party's dungeon again, but will be offered a different one. They can also choose to queue for a fresh instance of that dungeon, if they so wish.

    The ban only applies to that specific instance with that specific group of players.
    (95)
    Last edited by themadnun; 08-13-2014 at 09:14 PM.

  2. #2
    Player
    Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ul'dah
    Posts
    241
    Character
    Jim Wilson
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    CONJURER Lv 50
    I can see why you want to do this, but an easier solution would just be to set the timer for kicking players lower to say once every 15-30 minutes, that way if the player comes back, he is only there for about 10 minutes tops before you guys can kick him again.
    (0)

  3. 08-13-2014 12:33 AM
    Reason
    Im out

  4. #3
    Player
    themadnun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    12
    Character
    Spikey Mel
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    THAUMATURGE Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I can see why you want to do this, but an easier solution would just be to set the timer for kicking players lower to say once every 15-30 minutes, that way if the player comes back, he is only there for about 10 minutes tops before you guys can kick him again.
    But then the griefer gets to sit there AFK for ten minutes before we get to kick him again, then he rejoins and gets to afk for another ten minutes, and again and again...
    (7)

  5. #4
    Player
    themadnun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    12
    Character
    Spikey Mel
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    THAUMATURGE Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by LegionFX View Post
    So basically you are abusing the vote kick system and want to abuse it even more. If someone have the bad luck of doing that to me they are the one who's getting banned.
    How is kicking a player for harassment abusing the system? It's using it for it's intended purpose. When the player rejoins the same instance, they just sit AFK to troll. If they are kicked again, they rejoin and afk, until nobody can kick the person anymore and are forced to abandon.
    (30)

  6. #5
    Player
    Tannlore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    176
    Character
    Tannlore Belegeria
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    ARCANIST Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by LegionFX View Post
    So basically you are abusing the vote kick system and want to abuse it even more. If someone have the bad luck of doing that to me they are the one who's getting banned.
    I don't think you really read what he was trying to say. Go back and reread it again.
    (26)

  7. #6
    Player
    Sakuraluna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    279
    Character
    Serena Fleurentine
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THAUMATURGE Lv 50
    I wonder if it wouldn't just be possible for the 'join in progress' option to be disabled for 30 minutes after a kick, so that the person kicked is still allowed to immediately re queue they just can't re-join the same party they were previously in.
    (8)

  8. 08-13-2014 01:26 AM
    Reason
    Im out

  9. #7
    Player
    monochromicorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    354
    Character
    Rika Shinozaki
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    CONJURER Lv 50
    this can actually be a bad idea. i was tanking brayflox, and the healer kept pulling, causing me to have to fight even more for hate, because the dps didnt really notice half the time who pullled. after 3 warnings, i let him die. there is no reason i should have to deal with that. after healer died, i took hate and tanked them so the dps wouldnt die. i got kicked. i got kicked for not tanking when i had warned i would do that exact thing. i got back in, and the dps didnt like that i had been kicked. they didnt look and thought it was for healer. so i had a few words about what heaers should and shouldnt do, seeing as i main a WHM, and he shut up and we finished the dungeon.
    (6)

  10. #8
    Player
    themadnun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    12
    Character
    Spikey Mel
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    THAUMATURGE Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by monochromicorn View Post
    this can actually be a bad idea. i was tanking brayflox, and the healer kept pulling, causing me to have to fight even more for hate, because the dps didnt really notice half the time who pullled. after 3 warnings, i let him die. there is no reason i should have to deal with that. after healer died, i took hate and tanked them so the dps wouldnt die. i got kicked. i got kicked for not tanking when i had warned i would do that exact thing. i got back in, and the dps didnt like that i had been kicked. they didnt look and thought it was for healer. so i had a few words about what heaers should and shouldnt do, seeing as i main a WHM, and he shut up and we finished the dungeon.
    I guess, but that's a comparatively rare case compared to the "I'm a dick so I'm gunna rejoin and afk and make you waste your 45-60 minutes of work on this dungeon/trial/whatever"
    (3)

  11. #9
    Player
    myahele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    891
    Character
    S'asha Sastasha
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    ARCANIST Lv 50
    I have to agree. The reasons for kicking (harassment, afk, etc) should be punishable. A 15 min penalty should be good. The only time we kicked people was they were afk/disconnected. Never been in a party where its been abused.

    I have noticed an increase of healers and tanks conveniently getting disconnected in hm/ex. That and if folks truly are offline or disconnected then they can use that spare time to fix thier connection.
    (2)

  12. #10
    Player
    Welsper59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    980
    Character
    Eros Maxima
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    ARCHER Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by myahele View Post
    I have to agree. The reasons for kicking (harassment, afk, etc) should be punishable. A 15 min penalty should be good. The only time we kicked people was they were afk/disconnected. Never been in a party where its been abused.

    I have noticed an increase of healers and tanks conveniently getting disconnected in hm/ex. That and if folks truly are offline or disconnected then they can use that spare time to fix thier connection.
    I see it most often in places like CT and ST, where the need for a lot of X role can't be filled quick enough that the person trolling wouldn't be able to just rejoin instantly. Lots of AFKers in those... or people that like to MPK groups, like a certain FC from Behemoth I encountered not long ago.
    (0)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast