Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Character
    Sophia Sormanu
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Burrmanchu View Post
    There should just be a flag or something placed on the kicked player that stops them from entering that particular instance. Or else wtf is the point of it? As said a million times you can just requeue and end up back where you were, and troll to your hearts content. This actually punishes the players that legitimately have to kick people. The arguments against doing this are hilarious. No one needs vote kick to leave a (not full) duty to come back as another job, as you don't get the timer. As far as people "baiting" for arguements to kick people unjustly without consequence... Thats the best you can come up with? The reasons against fixing this are getting pretty far fetched. I mean, in the 1% chance that that happens, just find another group. It's DF content.

tl;dr = SE should stop the DF from letting trolls back into instances they're kicked from... and there's no reason for them not to.
    you sure that ALL those that are kicked are trolls? in saying this you automatically say that every single decision made by players is based on a REAL reason, in this case, trolling and you deliberatedly refuse to acknowledge that many and more times then not people are kicked from an instance nto because they troll but because others consider them as a nuisance although they are not and did NOTHING to warrant to be kicked.

You are the reason why such tool as kick-from instance shouldnt be allowed at all, you represent the vast majority of people that are incapable of making the distinction between true trolls, real *bad* people, and people that use the game as intended even if not matched with people of the same level of knwoledge as them, going through DF is a risk we take to be paired with people not of the same level as us and that doesnt warrnt ANY kicking and even less a tag of *trolling*.

Mei
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rojer Alphras
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    A few days ago i had a healer in low level duty roulette who was insulting the tank all the time (the tank was clearly a new player). So we kicked the idiot and about 30 seconds later he joins again ... yeah I am all in favor for locking kicked players out of the instance.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by MeiUshu View Post
    you sure that ALL those that are kicked are trolls?
    In the case of this proposed rule, it doesn't matter. Whether it's a troll being justifiably kicked, or a legitimate player being unjustifiably kicked, either way, they don't belong back in the group that just kicked them. The only difference is who is being protected by the rule. In one case, a group is protected from a troll rejoining them, and in the other case a player who was already unjustifiably harassed and kicked once is protected from being back in the same group to be harassed some more.
    (4)

Character
    Sophia Sormanu
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    I am sorry Niwashi but the decision is made by some players (majority of it) now let assume that some of those players left that means the group is no more the same, see my point ? therefore that person is entitled to rejoin a group that is NOT anymore made by teh same person..since the system cant keep track of it...and isa random kind of thing, I would say your group had a RNG Luck...I think that all of you can either go, or deal with it...is easy to ignore someone and is also easy for YOU to leave...and telling me you had the right to ban him or what not..my answer is. not necesseraly.

Mei
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Doc Jay
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwashi View Post
    In the case of this proposed rule, it doesn't matter. Whether it's a troll being justifiably kicked, or a legitimate player being unjustifiably kicked, either way, they don't belong back in the group that just kicked them. The only difference is who is being protected by the rule. In one case, a group is protected from a troll rejoining them, and in the other case a player who was already unjustifiably harassed and kicked once is protected from being back in the same group to be harassed some more.
    Well said. I agree when a person is kicked (legit or not) they shouldn't be allowed join the same instance. The party members may have changed but unless everyone quit they are still in the same instance. This seems to be a no-brainer.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Magitek Automaton
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Docj View Post
    Well said. I agree when a person is kicked (legit or not) they shouldn't be allowed join the same instance. The party members may have changed but unless everyone quit they are still in the same instance. This seems to be a no-brainer.
    It is a no brainer. It honestly surprising to see people reaching for a reason NOT to make this change. If the person is a troll, it protects the group from being further harassed. If the person isn't a troll, it protects them from getting auto-join stuck in a group that is going to harass them. Pretty much one of the most reasonable requests ever made.
    (3)

Character
    Rex Xylon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Greetings,

I have compiled your feedback and will be sending it off to the devs; however, I wanted to remind everyone that in cases such as the one that the OP described, GMs can and will take action against these malicious players.
    I reported a player once for returning to an instance after being kicked twice because he wouldn't cooperate. He'd come back and be extremely rude to use with words I won't repeat here. We all blocked him (because we were lucky enough to find out he's on Hyperion, our server).

But again, I reported the guy, and the GM mentioned that I should write a post on the forums about it. I don't remember if I did...but this OP's post already did the job.

But if GMs take action against these players...why is this guy still playing T_T I hope he at least got a suspension. The guy was absolutely awful.
    (2)
    Last edited by Rex; 08-24-2014 at 03:41 AM. Reason: spelling

Character
    Burr Manchu
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 53
    Quote Originally Posted by MeiUshu View Post
    you sure that ALL those that are kicked are trolls? in saying this you automatically say that every single decision made by players is based on a REAL reason, in this case, trolling and you deliberatedly refuse to acknowledge that many and more times then not people are kicked from an instance nto because they troll but because others consider them as a nuisance although they are not and did NOTHING to warrant to be kicked.
    You are the reason why such tool as kick-from instance shouldnt be allowed at all, you represent the vast majority of people that are incapable of making the distinction between true trolls, real *bad* people, and people that use the game as intended even if not matched with people of the same level of knwoledge as them, going through DF is a risk we take to be paired with people not of the same level as us and that doesnt warrnt ANY kicking and even less a tag of *trolling
    I didn't say anything of the sort. You're putting words in my mouth. If you blindly attack people in DF the way you just did me, I can see why you were voted out... The way the mechanic works now, it can (and IS) abused by people who have been kicked. If people are kicked for no reason, they can report it. As said in this thread by a mod, actions will be taken. However, there is no way for people to prevent being trolled, or actions they can take if they are. You're assuming that I abuse the vote kick feature, which I don't. You're also assuming that everyone does. Which is ignorant. You honestly just sound butthurt that you got kicked from something. Go file a report. This isn't about me or anyone else being able to "tell who is a troll". It's about leveling the playing field for people who DO use the system completely as intended. Also, how do you come to the conclusion that people abuse the feature "more times than not"? That's absurd. Also it's just as absurd to say that if a group has to kick someone out, that therefore it is a "new" group, and that person has the right to come back lmao... We're talking about the instance itself here, anyway.

tl;dr - At no point did I say "everyone who has ever been kicked is a troll", or anything even remotely like that.. wtf are you talking about?
    (1)
    Last edited by Burrmanchu; 08-18-2014 at 04:57 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7