Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Elim Lovecraft
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Vote kick wasn't meant to be used the way monochromicorn described in his/her post. Also keep in mind if the party in the dungeon/raid is not full, anyone can leave without getting a penalty. Unless the person you want to replace DC'd, you don't need to use vote kick in a situation like that. Even then it shouldn't be needed assuming the AFK auto kick function still works.
    (5)
    Last edited by Elim; 08-13-2014 at 07:25 AM.

Character
    Alukah Bast
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by monochromicorn View Post
    i understand that there is a problem, but i dont know if the posts are suggesting the right way to fix it.as WHM/PLD, i like joining in progress. there are times when i have to switch roles from dps to heal/tank as the situation demands. by what the above posts are suggesting, i will not be able to switch roles and play according to the need that the party has. i was running aurum vale as a BLM with randoms using DF. our healer left after we finished the second boss. after waiting 15 minutes, i told them to kick me so i can requeue as WHM. not allowing me to join the same group means that i cant use my character to the full potential in situations like i described above. i dont think its the right way to do it.
    You can, if a light party has less than 4 members or a full party has less than 8 members the 30 mins penalty is not applied, you can leave and rejoin as another class.

This is abused a lot in Titan HM if the party wipes, someone mysteriously goes offline or afk right after a wipe > kick > everyone else drops and no one gets the penalty.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Brine Gildchaff
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    as WHM/PLD, i like joining in progress. there are times when i have to switch roles from dps to heal/tank as the situation demands. by what the above posts are suggesting, i will not be able to switch roles and play according to the need that the party has.
    See... this as much I don't have a problem with, but I'm talking about specifically someone getting vote-kicked and then abusing the join-in-progress feature to force a group to continue to deal with them. If you need to role-swap it's going to be in a situation where you're missing at least one player -anyway- (join in progress won't let you break the 2-2-4 system), so it's not like you couldn't simply leave and then rejoin as the appropriate group. Hell, I've offered on a few occasions to do it myself, since I keep my PLD and WHM jobs pretty much equal.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gokuhan Kai
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    i was tanking brayflox, and the healer kept pulling, causing me to have to fight even more for hate, because the dps didnt really notice half the time who pullled. after 3 warnings, i let him die.
    lol I do the same thing for pullers or people that attack the mob that isn't marked 1. They get a warning, and after that they are "tank".

A couple weeks ago I did a ST run, and everything went well. No wipes, no arguments, nothing wrong. Then when Amon's gear dropped to someone and we were gathering around Xande I was vote kicked for no real reason (I was DRG and there were other DRGs in the group, so we all know what happened).

To put a penalty wait time for people being kicked is a ridiculous idea because the system does get abused. However, the OP does have a valid point.

I was doing the bomb queen quildhest and after a couple pulls we realized the BRD was just sitting at the start and didn't respond to chat. So we kicked him. ... and he came back, and sat AFK again. Kicked a second time and came back to go afk, and was kicked a 3rd time before we just stopped looking for a rep and went 3-man.

Despite the fact that the kick feature gets abused, letting someone that was kicked back in is a bad idea. If you feel you were kicked unfairly you should contact a GM.

(On an off topic, why do I get warnings that the post needs to be under 1000 characters, yet I see other people with larger posts?
    (2)

Player
    I've actually had this happen to me. We had a bad tank (bad, because he chose to be) in Cutter's Cry, and we noticed he had Sword Oath on versus Shield Oath (he was 50) and he said he was doing it for research purposes. Well, obviously, he was unable to keep hate (even I could keep hate before I had it in that dungeon), so we asked him to put it back on because the healer and DPS kept getting hit. He refused, and started being snarky about how no one's dying, so we should all just clam up. Obviously, this pisses us off and things go back and forth until we decide to vote dismiss him for trolling (or harassment I guess). Instantly, he comes back in and the bitching continues. We vote him off yet again, and back in he comes. We just abandoned at that point. Bad players are kicked for a reason, and need to stay out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bar Boron
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by themadnun View Post
    When a person is kicked for harassment/afk/whatever other reason they have the opportunity to join again through duty finder's "Join in progress". Multiple times I have experienced a person being kicked and then sits with DF open queueing for the instance and manages to join multiple times.

Party members can only vote to kick once every 4 hours so after 3 rejoins the griefer can just sit there afk until everybody has to abandon.

Banning the player from entering that specific instance after being kicked will remove this common griefing tactic.

What about people abusing it? The general consensus seem to be the vote kick system is awful for several reasons:

1. People AFKing because they don't like an instance and asking to be kicked
    2. Several players kicking a player with no legitimate reason.
    3. GMs openly admitting that they will not take action to the genuine vote kick abuse issues because they gave themselves a loophole

Although, yes, there are legitimate reasons to kick a player. Which is more often, I can't honestly say. Either way, innocent players will end up getting punished also and it's fair enough for you to say it is worth it when you are doing the kicking.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Brine Gildchaff
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Gokuhan View Post
    (On an off topic, why do I get warnings that the post needs to be under 1000 characters, yet I see other people with larger posts?
    Dump tell no Mandy, but the edit lets you turn your post bankways.

... and now that I got that obscure dated reference out of my system, what Senor up there was saying is that the character limit only applies on first post. If you edit, the limit no longer will be there.
    (0)

Character
    Alukah Bast
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Barboron View Post
    They won't take action if the kick is result of a player dispute, but if you randomly get kicked for no reason (like several of the cases posted here) you can and should send a report. If someone goes AFK, gets kicked, comes back and continues to AFK that also can be reported, same as someone refusing to do anything unless they are kicked.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Rika Shinozaki'
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim View Post
    Vote kick wasn't meant to be used the way monochromicorn described in his/her post so it may not be taken under consideration. Please don't mistake my post as saying I personally think that it shouldn't be used that way, though. Also keep in mind if the party in the dungeon/raid is not full, anyone can leave without getting a penalty. Unless the person you need to replace DC'd, you don't need vote kick in a situation like that. Even then I'm not sure it's needed if the AFK auto kick function still works.
    i know that its not entirely meant to be used like that, but the way it works now allows for it to. in some cases should there be a penalty like whats been suggested, yes. but a blanket solution that has been suggested just seems wrong, punishing everyone because some people want to be jerks.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fynlar Eira
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    People get kicked too many times for inappropriate reasons that there should not be a penalty added to the kick.

However, there really should be a way to keep a kicked person from rejoining the same instance. Is that something really that hard to program?
    (1)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast