Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Jet'a Vahn
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    It's not always a good thing. Kicks are all situational, and some can be outright wrong.

The one time I was kicked, was when I was a SCH in Aurum Vale. The tank blamed me for a wipe and opened a vote to kick me, and it got through. I returned straight inside the same instance, with the same group (guess there were no other healers up for it), and without much argument we continued all the way to the win.

In short, their judgment on my healing skills was rushed, and the kick was also an abuse (since there is no "this player fails" category. They kicked me for Offline which I was not.). I got the chance to prove them wrong, and I even left the instance with 3/3 commendations.

So, no. I don't think a ban is the right way to go. Don't punish the honest players willing to try and make up for their mistakes because of a few rude people who get kicked and return to yell. They are still a minority.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Let me tell you a story, OP.

I was in ST a few weeks back.
    Almost all of the people in it were from the same shell.
    Right before the last boss, they began voke kicking non ls people, 3 from my own party, to replace with others in their shell.

Including me.

Not wanting to waste losing an entire run, I requeued in progress.

They kicked me again. Someone else initiated it.

I requeued again.

They kicked me again.

I requeued again. This time the boss was engaged, so I was unable to be kicked and was able to finish.

Now tell me, OP, who was in the wrong here? And how does your so-called solution help?
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Brine Gildchaff
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluevann View Post
    It's not always a good thing. Kicks are all situational, and some can be outright wrong.

In short, their judgment on my healing skills was rushed, and the kick was also an abuse (since there is no "this player fails" category. They kicked me for Offline which I was not.). I got the chance to prove them wrong, and I even left the instance with 3/3 commendations.
    The proper response to this is not to force yourself on a party that unanimously said they don't want to play with you, whether their reasons for doing so are reasonable or not. The response is to report people for abuse of votekick.

Last month in T5, we had a situation where I noticed one of the DPS was wearing badly class-inappropriate gear (if I remember right, it was a BLM wearing tank and bard accessories). When I questioned him on it he swore at me and refused to change them, so I called for a vote kick on grounds of harassment. (Deliberately doing something that is highly likely to cause players to wipe is in fact harassment, and wearing multiple pieces of gear that don't provide a single point of your most important stat definitely counts.) It succeeded. Since it was a slow time of night, we had to wait a while, 5-10 minutes or so, for somoene to finally join in progress...

Only for us to look at the party list and realize it was the same person we'd just thrown out for being a pissant. And then we noticed he was running down the hill at full tilt. Not stopping where we had gathered to apply buffs. Shouting "Hiiiiiiiiii! " the whole way as he charge into the arena and deliberately pulled Twintania and her gigantic cleave attacks into the ranks of the party. Understandably we threw him out on his rear again as soon as we were done being blindsided by the most painful assault since Fansy the Bard PK'd half a server by aggroing sand giants, only to have him return AGAIN about 30 seconds later. So all our progress and hard work and waiting for DF queues in the first place? Stomped on and casually tossed out by some immature brat who wanted nothing but to make us suffer.

So tell me. Is your position really that such people should be able to do such things? Would you say to me, and to the rest of my party, and to anyone else who finds themselves in such a situation, "don't punish the honest players"?

Quote Originally Posted by Duuude007 View Post
    Let me tell you a story, OP. -snip-
    Or perhaps you should tell me how your support for the status quo helps people like me? You have a one-in-a-million story that any competent GM would take one look at and use to drop a mass ban on anyone in that LS who helped or benefitted from that. The solution is to implement countermeasures to people abusing join-in-progress to further their trolling agenda, and have people in your shoes report the idiots who do things like that. Because I can guarantee that for every boo-hoo story like yours there are at least a hundred tales of trolling and general dickery.
    (10)
    Last edited by Brine_Gildchaff; 08-13-2014 at 05:02 AM.

Player
    Character
    Soup Sifu
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by LegionFX View Post
    So basically you are abusing the vote kick system and want to abuse it even more. If someone have the bad luck of doing that to me they are the one who's getting banned.
    You should actually read the OP. Instead of....whatever it is you're doing.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kizuna Astin
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    TBH, I encounter story like @Duuude007 a few time weekly and this is the first time I hear OP story. so to me OP story is one in a mill and Duuude007 is happen way too far often.

if anything just make it so that if you get kick then you cannot join back to the party that kick you. (using PT leader or instantID to determine, if you can join back to that group or not.)
    (5)
    Last edited by Remn; 08-13-2014 at 05:18 AM.

Player
    Character
    Febreealle Goldlyonse
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by LegionFX View Post
    So basically you are abusing the vote kick system and want to abuse it even more. If someone have the bad luck of doing that to me they are the one who's getting banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tridus1x View Post
    You should actually read the OP. Instead of....whatever it is you're doing.
    Pot-kettle syndrome right here, lol.

See 5 posts after LegionFX's post, where he HAD re-read the OP and adjusted his statement
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Soup Sifu
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by HaelseMikiro View Post
    Pot-kettle syndrome right here, lol.

See 5 posts after LegionFX's post, where he HAD re-read the OP and adjusted his statement
    Then why not edit his first post? I blocked him as soon as I read the statement.

GG on assuming though.

#Haelfailed
    (0)

Greetings,

I have compiled your feedback and will be sending it off to the devs; however, I wanted to remind everyone that in cases such as the one that the OP described, GMs can and will take action against these malicious players.
    (42)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Rika Shinozaki'
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Greetings,

I have compiled your feedback and will be sending it off to the devs; however, I wanted to remind everyone that in cases such as the one that the OP described, GMs can and will take action against these malicious players.
    i understand that there is a problem, but i dont know if the posts are suggesting the right way to fix it.as WHM/PLD, i like joining in progress. there are times when i have to switch roles from dps to heal/tank as the situation demands. by what the above posts are suggesting, i will not be able to switch roles and play according to the need that the party has. i was running aurum vale as a BLM with randoms using DF. our healer left after we finished the second boss. after waiting 15 minutes, i told them to kick me so i can requeue as WHM. not allowing me to join the same group means that i cant use my character to the full potential in situations like i described above. i dont think its the right way to do it.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Manwe Sulimo
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Maybe if a person gets kicked out 2x then ban them from the instance to prevent people like monochromicorn from the situation described. 2nd votekick is like a confirmation 'yes we really actually don't want that person trolling' but one vote kick and re-queue as a different class could still be ok
    (1)
    We were all created equal, with the equal opportunity to become unequal.
    -J.C.II

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast