Thread: burtang

Character
    Killabye Strife
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50

burtang

took 4 days to get doing hunts, kinda stupid considering my bravara is like 4 books in 2 months later. just giving an fyi cause when i asked about novus people just called me an idiot without telling how to get a better weapon, hunts you can get 200 seals an hour or sands in a few. burtang takes one allagan tome from syrcus and then just hunt pretty much
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aladdin Sane
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    *Burtgang actually
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Llyren Wolfpaw
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Also 7 of Rowena's Tokens with are 130 Soldiery a piece, so a total of 910 for all 7, plus another 390 Soldiery for the shield.

Makes it a choice between armor and weapon. Still its a route I am in the process of myself for a Warrior weapon, which takes 10 of those Rowena's tokens and one of the unidentified tomestones, or three weeks of my Soldiery cap plus 1 weeks ST loot.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sir Taint
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    I have Burt and novus curtana. Burt for DPS and Curtana for tanking (Acc/parry)

The biggest difference however is novus weapons will continue after 2.4 while burtgang and other sol weapons will be trash.
    (1)

Character
    Killabye Strife
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by SirTaint View Post
    I have Burt and novus curtana. Burt for DPS and Curtana for tanking (Acc/parry)

The biggest difference however is novus weapons will continue after 2.4 while burtgang and other sol weapons will be trash.
    see i heard differently but nooen is ever specific between insults, i heard the geralt masterworks would continue their own branch. youre sure they wont? i like failingvat coil more than doing novus smh
    (0)

Character
    Killabye Strife
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    cause if it doesnt that sucks again for me, my burtang is pali, my atma is bravara. i thought that caught my pali back up with burtang
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sir Taint
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Killabye View Post
    cause if it doesnt that sucks again for me, my burtang is pali, my atma is bravara. i thought that caught my pali back up with burtang
    Your PLD is caught up....until 2.4 where ilvl will go up once again. Even all the coil weapons we've farmed will be replaced by i135 or whatever the new coil3 weapons are. Vertical progression means not getting attached to any gear. It's nice they at least will continue the relic chain further.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Danorille Pandemonium
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 61
    burtgang was the goto weapon before hunt or novus was even introduced, that was especially true when progressing through coil. I got my burtgang and cleared T9 before i even finished my novus, imo if you are already farming T9 then there's no need to get both, one of them is just fine until the RNG gods award you with a HA blade.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Genji Xiii
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    They're making it remarkably easy to get weapons now because 2.4 is on the way. The only reason to spend the time to get a novus is because in 2.4 it can probably be upgraded without raiding.

If you can clear T9 and get the sword though, you're a step ahead of a lot of people
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jain Farstrider
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    I don't agree with the "zodiac weapon can be upgraded" as a valid reason to do it. And here is why:
    - When the atma weapon first came out, you had to spend all that time gathering atma... for a weapon that still only had the stats of an i90 weapon
    - In the meantime, Leviathan i95 weapons drop like candy and take much less time to earn (even considering the ramp-up time to learn the fight).
    - However, by the time I farmed up all the mythology for the animus and completed the books, I was getting unidentified allagan tomestones from T7 for an i100 piece.
    - And way before I got 75 alexandrites for my novus, I was clearing T8 for the sands to upgrade it.

Couple all that with the availability of the tomestone in ST as well as the abundance of sands/oils to be earned in ST and hunts... what is the point of the grind of zodiac when so far SE has a history of making zodiac-equivalent weapons easy to get?
    (1)
    Last edited by dspguy; 08-12-2014 at 09:56 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast