Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    nvm 10chars
    (0)
    Last edited by HiryoRandgris; 09-13-2014 at 07:07 AM.

Character
    Alukah Bast
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Just in case, Nunyunuwi was spawned again in Diabolos by spamming fates.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ramen Denkeim
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 62
    First of all, I have to say Excalibur Hunt Group is still great. We have lots nice people to support the public hunt group dedicate. Thanks for all of your efforts.

just some weird leadership things bug me a little.

Recently, my favorite in game activity, the hunt, started to change shape. The experienced hunters started to disappear and new blood joined. The total hunting population is also decreasing. I enjoy the decreasing population part actually.
    What strike me the most are many inexperienced people started to become leaders and repeat some mistakes that initially we made during the hunting group, being mean and over-caution about something not even a big deal. I'm ok if you have no idea which one is B or which one is A even though we repeatedly post some information to show you which zone has what mob and how they looks like. I'm also ok with people don't know how to use <pos> or clicking map function and still bug people how to go to the hunt location and which teleport to use and occasionally telling people wrong teleport to use. I believe each one of them are the "new cases" /new individuals who just joined us, not the repeatedly silly who can't remember what was taught 5-10 mins ago.

Here are the things that bugs me (usually from team leaders with increase of the frequency and incident rate):
    • "So many people are searching in that zone, how come no one finds ___!!!?"[serious tone] (note: come on, if the mob didn't pop, how can we find it. )
    • got aggroed and late to tele out of the zone... "XXX where are you? stop afk!" / . \
    • I felt bad for that player who was hunting delicately for hours then got kicked out of the party just because he decided to tele-ed out to check one FATE popped in the other zone or no. It just happened for once and for a single moment -> kicked out of party.
    most experienced callers ,after 2+ month daily hunt events, they pretty much know people who are join in our public hunt group is our pleasure to have them. We are so happy they are willing to work with us. It's a game not a job. We can't really offer you 100% X allied seal per hour, so that we don't required you 100% dedication to the hunt group. Pushing people and set harsh requirement is not how the hunt works, in fact not any good leadership should be. there will be down time and up time. I just got a "ready check" from my party leader during the 1hr down time of A ranks which we only got assigned to summon minions at Upper La Noscea to see whether everyone is right in front of the computer and spam the minion roulette or no... this is just over-do.

We all know Hunt is a big social experiment to our game society. people learn from once and once more chance to hunt/play/compete with the community, and we learn and adjust ourselves with time. I can see our experienced leaders also transform from harsh to chill with time.
    Excalibur has no major competition because we are running in a single public hunt group. The A ranks can just sit there for 10 mins and probably no one will even notice they exists. Therefore, there are not so many reasons to be over stressed on the team for their dedication especially during the down and no activity time. I'm not supporting people who can sit at crystal and just wait for A called. What I want to say is even member missed one A calls, it's fine. It's their lost not the other team members. Especially, we all know at 2.4 the unlocked ST will be much much better sand/oil return than hunt. At most, during 2 runs, you can expect to lot one sand or oil out of ST. that will takes 6 hours for hunt to do that. So, hunt so dedicated and being so harsh right now is just not worth it.

So, I just wish people can stay calm at our nice Excalibur. It's ok to afk a little to check facebook a little, to visit a random friend a little. (However, please limited to "little" I still blist ppl who do it too much.) it's ok that people have families, friends and stuffs, need to run back to town and feed chocobo, check retainers, help a friend to synth something. it's ok. you and your group won't miss anything. No need to push your group to limit. In fact, even you push your group to the limit, you won't help anything. if the mob didn't pop, no one will get anything.

Please be chill and have fun.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ramen; 09-22-2014 at 06:24 AM. Reason: english is hard, so much error and typo

Player
    Character
    Runeth Rizal
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    Alright. Well I've spent a good long time lurking in this thread. Since I became aware of hunts, I have become addicted to the hunt. I feel that I, along with several like-minded individuals on my server, have a fairly good grasp on our hunt timers and being able to reliably spawn or predict our S Ranks.

That is of course with the exception of Nunyunuwi.

First, let me give everyone some background on the server I play on as my server does not seem to be active in this thread yet. I play on Zalera. We have a decent population, and whenever I'm in south thanalan we usually have at least one full atma farming party, maybe two, but not much more than that. Also, because of the slightly smaller population, there are only a handful of us that find the hunts 90% of the time, but when a hunt is found it spreads to all of the hunt ls's fairly quick. This is especially true with S rank hunts.

With all these things in mind, let me tell you how long it's been since our last Nunyunuwi sighting. As of the time I'm writing this post 15d and 10 hours. Given, In that period of time we have had two server resets, but Nunyunuwi has been able to spawn for the majority of the time, and even with the amount of fates being completed he is not able to spawn. I also do believe that it would be difficult on our server for him to be ninja'd without any of the active hunters on the server to be unaware of it.

Given the amount of people I read consistently saying they have had luck spawning him by doing a large amount of fates, it leads to believe that while I don't think the number of fates is the factor but instead, possibly something to do with how fast a given fate is completed, or a certain number of people doing fates in the area at the same time, or maybe even a certain condition on a certain fate.

I would not be surprised if the factor in this equation is the number of people participating as this would both explain why our server (With a smaller active pop) is only very rarely able to get him to spawn and would also coincide with the JP Hunter-Scholar text.

Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to give any additional information that might be helpful, based off of the perspective of a smaller pop server that would have different dynamics and that is seeing a different consistency in Nunyunuwi spawns. (Albeit not that different from what I read)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vandes Aan
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Try fishing for Olgoi-Khorkoi.
    (0)

Character
    Alukah Bast
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandesaan View Post
    Try fishing for Olgoi-Khorkoi.
    Olgoi is a heatwave fish, I believe Nunyunuwi has spawned outside heatwave.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vandes Aan
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukah View Post
    Olgoi is a heatwave fish, I believe Nunyunuwi has spawned outside heatwave.
    I am also under this impression, but it has been on multiple occasions been apparent to me that he's spawned at the END OF ONE, not during one. Past five of Excalibur's spawns were either just as one ended or 1-2 ingame hours before one ended. We've gotten way better at finding it, previous it'd sit up for the longest time before anyone saw it thanks to the giant dunes in the desert.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Coatl Days
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Runeth View Post
    That is of course with the exception of Nunyunuwi.
    I found Nunyunuwi yesterday day when I set out to do my Daily Alexandrite maps. I'm pretty sure no one was actively trying to spawn it and the whole zone in general seemed desolate. It was the first time I've seen him so I was surprised.

Not sure if that provides anything useful for you but there you go.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vandes Aan
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    My logical steps for why it should be Olgoi-Khorkoi is:

1) When hunts were new, Supra tools were also new. People quickly found out that you needed three Olgoi-Khorkoi for the Halcyon Rod Supra, so they went to fish when they could. Nunyunuwi spawned super fast since so many people were pulling up Olgoi-Khorkoi. This kept going for a while as it is hard to get this stupid-ass fish, and once you got all three, you're done
    2) Because you're done when you got all three, you stop fishing for Olgoi-Khorkoi. Gradually as time passed, we saw Nunyunuwi show up later and later and later.
    3) Nothing really changed in Southern Thanalan, people were still doing FATEs, people were still doing Atmas, people were still doing Beastman dailies. What changed was nobody was fishing Olgoi-Khorkoi.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mariel Crystallie
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 70
    Garlok confirmed spawn after "The Just Matter of Rut" FATE finish ... no rain or shower weather pop on that time or before...

(1)
    Mariel Crystallie & Amariel Crystallie & Mariel Celestine

Page 21 of 288 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast