Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Randolont Althoreaux
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawning-Blue View Post
    Thats been happening a lot on my server too. I've also seen players kicking people before the last boss to get the oil of time..
    Vote kick before the final boss? I assume a partial FC premade where someone is being guaranteed the Oil drop so they vote kick the randoms at the end? Kind of silly for a drop that isn't guaranteed.

In any case there isn't much the devs can do. Vote Kick is working just fine and the limitations are there so people can't be even worse trolls and kick people after the chest pops or right near the end of the boss fight. What you guys should have done is asked the other allys to hold up a minute so the loot could autodrop. If that loot is still in the pool after a trash pull there's likely only a minute or less on the timer anyways.
    (1)
    Last edited by Lithera; 08-07-2014 at 05:40 AM.

Player
    Character
    Misenklauph Drakkfhur
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    how about getting vote kicked right before the last boss for no reason, presumably because a group of ppl are in a party and have realised you are going to lot their precious oil. I'm going to start intentionally not lotting loot etc so that I can't be kicked. oh wait, except that ST is a waste of time and I've decided I won't be doing it anymore.
    (2)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2237443/]
    Quote Originally Posted by Noni View Post
    I wish more tanks were like you also.
    http://xivreborn.com/gen/Misenklauph_Drakkfhur_Ultros_Classes.jpg

Character
    Leona Lockhart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    That sucks, though it's even worse when you get a bot in your party, manage to initiate the vote, but the party declines because apparently, running to the boss on auto-attack and dying is as good as playing the class for real.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wyntir Nox
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahZerrshia View Post
    What is worse are ppl who come in as a group and then let their fc buds afk. I have run more than a few ct and st runs where we have a full pt of 8 but only have 5-6 fighting, vote-kick is denied and you are threatened or taunted til you leave on your own.
    Had something similar happen in a CT I was in... 2 of the DPS were in full crafting SB gear, so they had barely 2k life and were entirely useless, but since their friends were in the group, we couldn't kick them. One of the healers refused to even go into combat until they were removed or put on their real gear so instead, they kicked him.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bloodclad Darth
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    A thing similar happen to me just now.
    People enter with their full stuff, then switch to stuff to sb.
    Said to them to switch, ask to kick someone who did it. They refuse. I choose to be kick instead.

Can't we get a way to prevent us for switching stuff that drop your ilvl after we enter a dungeon? Lock DoH/DoL stuff too.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ashkendor Zahirr
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodclad View Post
    A thing similar happen to me just now.
    People enter with their full stuff, then switch to stuff to sb.
    Said to them to switch, ask to kick someone who did it. They refuse. I choose to be kick instead.

Can't we get a way to prevent us for switching stuff that drop your ilvl after we enter a dungeon? Lock DoH/DoL stuff too.
    I agree. You shouldn't be able to change gear to items that drop you below the required ilevel for the dungeon.

I also think you shouldn't be able to equip DoH/DoL items in any dungeon, period. :/

Until those things happen (if they ever do), all you can really do is report the behavior unfortunately.

I don't know why some people think the rest of us are there to do their work for them.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Drasyra Fyr
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I would support anything that would prevent DOH/DOL gear being equipped in dungeons, trials or raids. I would also support a mechanism to detect if someone drops below the required item level for the content.

I was in a Haukke HM via High Level Roulette the other day; one of the DPS had a ton of spiritbonding crafting gear on. I would have been happy to leave them to it, but our DPS was so slow the healer (who was appropriately geared but not overgeared for the content) couldn't keep up and people were dying. I was tanking, but wasn't even doing particularly big pulls. In the end I refused to continue until they changed.

If you must spiritbond crafting gear in combat, join a FATE party. If you must spiritbond in a level 50 dungeon, at least wear Militia gear or something else that contributes somewhat to you playing your role. Personally I get my crafting / gathering materia through quick synthing and don't inconvenience anyone.
    (3)
    Last edited by Drasyra; 08-14-2014 at 07:42 PM.

Unlike Frontline, when it comes to Crystal Tower we need to factor in the fact that you can lot on items, so this is something we need to look into very carefully.

We've passed on the feedback to the development team regarding the cases where it’s not possible to vote dismiss players that are AFK and they will be looking into a good method to address this so everyone can play comfortably.
    (16)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Aegic Roske
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    I agree. Perhaps either:

A-Make the time given to roll not so god awful long
    B-After a chest is opened give players the ability to votekick ~20 seconds or so
    C-If you ignore a resurrect you will be automatically booted
    D-Create low participation requirements for individual roles such as
    -DPS for fight is lower than 50= you cannot lot
    -HPS for fight is lower than 50= you cannot lot
    -Tank DPS for fight is lower than 20= you cannot lot
    E-If you are locked out of X amount of fights you are automatically booted

There are more ideas out there, however maybe a combination of those and these ideas would be helpful.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishini_Dracoto View Post
    how about getting vote kicked right before the last boss for no reason, presumably because a group of ppl are in a party and have realised you are going to lot their precious oil. I'm going to start intentionally not lotting loot etc so that I can't be kicked. oh wait, except that ST is a waste of time and I've decided I won't be doing it anymore.
    I haven't been vote kicked ever, but one thing people also do instead of vote kicking is they simply don't cast a lot on final boss forcing everyone who lotted to wait. People do this for mainly 2 reasons: some do it to 'help' their friends odds on getting the drop by holding up the loot drops and maybe pursuading 1-2 party members to just leave before it drops or to troll when they already have their item for the week (or just don't want one). I had one group be real jerks about it...others have done it, silently, but the jerk group went something like this:

Final boss is killed:

Oil + something else drops.

I lot on oil, right as battle ends.
    About 30 seconds later, the (do nothing semi afk) tank we had in our group says 'Mind if I lot the oil?' (so since I already lotted on it, I couldn't pass it even if I wanted to)
    Me: I already lotted on it, but you're more than free to lot Need on it too.
    His Friend: Well, guess you'd like to sit here the full time then, because I have no pony in this race, I'm not passing until all you who lotted the oil leave and my friend gets it.
    Me: No worries, I can wait too. (at this point, even if I rolled a 2 I'd wait....because I hate when people think they can bully a drop pass)
    Tank/Tank Friend then proceeded until the last 2-3 seconds to insult, and taunt the handful of us still remaining (some did leave).
    Me After a fair amount of taunting) Guys seriously, I rolled a 96, so your chances of out-rolling it are slim...so again, you're wasting your own time more than mine...at the end of this, odds are in my favor I walk away with the oil. So again, your choice, but I rolled a 96, I never promised you a drop, I hate bullies and I am NOT leaving.

-Now keep in mind, I don't expect people to leave just because I (honestly btw) tell them what I rolled as they have no way of knowing if I was honest about it or not until the loot actually drops...and people have been known to lie on the internet occasionally, so I don't blame them for waiting. But be good sports. Roll on gear/items if you want them and pass/leave if you don't.

Furthermore, SE SHOULD change it so that people who got their weekly drop no longer HAVE to pass/let the time run out for gear to drop. If you can't lot the item, the game should auto-pass for you. But the amount of bullying that happens over Oils can be unreal. (esp when you factor in 1. they actually drop fairly often and 2. you can form your own full-party and enter this instance = automatically your item if it drops and your pre-made agrees.)
    (8)
    Last edited by Kinseykinz; 08-27-2014 at 03:06 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast