Player
    Character
    Arisill Highwind
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 46

Raid Suggestion/Idea inspired by Kefka's Tower in FFVI

I am not quite 50, and haven't (obviously) participated in any raids, although I played WoW for a couple years and finished multiple expansions, so at least I understand how raids operate. I had this idea for a raid similar to Kefka's Tower in FFVI. Now, for those that are fans of this game, you'll immediately grasp what i'm talking about.
    In Kefka's Tower at the end of the game, you had to choose 3 parties of four, drop off your airship and go through separate paths (and the parties had to help each other through by hitting switches other groups couldn't get to). With the way it sounds like a 24 man raid works (with 3 groups of 8) I automatically thought about how cool it would be to see a raid like this. You set up your three groups, "drop in" and coordinate together to make it through the initial part of the raids separately. You have three "separate" bosses that are all linked together to where they have to die together (within so many seconds/minutes/etc.).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arisill Highwind
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 46
    This obviously wouldn't be the whole raid, just a cool intro to a big raid.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    M'irau Rhya
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Actually most stuff in crystal tower is designed around 3 groups of 8 each doing their own thing.
    One of the reasons i dislike the place, i rather have everyone working together.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Colman Meridius
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 56
    Add Kefka's tower after the CT storyline is over! There are a lot of cool mechanics that could be inspired by this. The 3 major bosses needing to die almost simultaneously would be cool.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yonko Chao
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    There is a fight in CT that is set up this way. There are 3 bosses that invulnerable unless you have 4 people stand on a switch. The switch is in another area that has another boss tied to another switch in a 3rd area that has the boss linked to the first switch.

But that is really the only time a mechanic like that is in the game.
    (0)

Character
    Miles Saintborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by CYoung187 View Post
    Add Kefka's tower after the CT storyline is over! There are a lot of cool mechanics that could be inspired by this. The 3 major bosses needing to die almost simultaneously would be cool.
    I think that would cause more trouble than it's worth. I can imagine the slew of drama spewing after every wipe cause of someone "being undergeared" or "not DPSing fast enough"
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vladislav Bahamut
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Kefka Tower (ff6) , X-Dimension (FF5) , Lunatic Pandora (ff8) , Bevelle (ffx-2) , Nyzul Isle (FF11) and many more....
    Devs have tonns stuff to redo for FFXIV (can do) + some FFXIV unique would be awesome
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Crystal Tower (or Labyrinth of the Ancients to be more precise) was originally designed to be setup to have more of a segmented experience, like the Atomos encounter, but the dev team felt like it would be too difficult to create the majority of the instance in this style so they backed out a lot of those elements.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arisill Highwind
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 46
    The fact that I can mention classic FF games and everyone easily understands what i'm referencing and just continues.... I love this game. Dream come true. :P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kakita Ucalibur
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 86
    I would enjoy seeing multiparty parallel dungeons in the same vein as Fork Tower (FFV), Phoenix Cave (FFVI) and Kefka's Tower (FFVI) but understand why they are hesitant about making that style of raid and dungeon content. Consider the Atomos battle in CT1 and how annoying it is to wipe due to no fault of your own and no way of mitigating the mistakes of the other parties, now imagine an entire dungeon that is almost exactly the same. I'd be antsy to if people were asking for such content and I could see the oncoming disaster.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ultimatecalibur; 08-02-2014 at 12:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast