Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Yukihko Kuroshima
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    SE needs to hire some good PR managers...
    Whats with all those restrictions? seriously...

It seems as if they fear players who play 14 days will never come back when experiencing the full game, isnt 14 days restriction enough?
    That way they will not get many new Adventurers, but well... its better than nothing, at least you can try out the game!
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackoutz View Post
    Naja ich hab einfach gemerkt, dass man mit Mut und Freundlichkeit viel weiter kommt und den Menschen eine Freude macht :3
    Weißt du, wenn wir alle an einem Strang hier im Forum ziehen, dann kommen wir einfach so viel weiter und stärken die gesammte Community <3

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRogueX View Post
    If they're going to keep having the Legacy servers closed all the time, I have no reason to show this to my friends. I'm not going to tell my friends "Hey, come play with me on Sargatanas! Oh, but you might have to wait a few days or weeks to make your character because the servers are constantly closed and only opened for brief stints, usually around 6am our time!"
    What have this to do with legacy servers? It can also happen with non-legacy servers.

Just give your friends this link:
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...06d0909189e479

Quote Originally Posted by Yukiko View Post
    SE needs to hire some good PR managers...
    Whats with all those restrictions? seriously...

It seems as if they fear players who play 14 days will never come back when experiencing the full game, isnt 14 days restriction enough?
    That way they will not get many new Adventurers, but well... its better than nothing, at least you can try out the game!
    Anti-RMT restrictions
    At least the ones with /shout, /tell, market board, retainers and trading.

Only why a free trial player can't enter a dungeon without the help of a regular player I don't know
    (1)
    Last edited by Felis; 08-02-2014 at 04:16 AM.

Player
    Character
    Yukihko Kuroshima
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Anti-RMT?
    What a bad excuse for stupid gamedesign...
    Restrictions for new players is losing of new players and there are way better ways to kick RMTs...

SE should learn from Blizzard!
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackoutz View Post
    Naja ich hab einfach gemerkt, dass man mit Mut und Freundlichkeit viel weiter kommt und den Menschen eine Freude macht :3
    Weißt du, wenn wir alle an einem Strang hier im Forum ziehen, dann kommen wir einfach so viel weiter und stärken die gesammte Community <3

Player

Anti-RMT?
    Restrictions for new players is losing of new players and there are way better ways to kick RMTs...

You would rather hundreds and thousands of RMT accounts being created with free trial service. Each one spamming shout, and sending you tells on 10 different accounts per second, all while running around in parties gil farming or Spirit bond botting? Or How about flooding the markets with RMT controlled retainers.

And of course RMT Gil sellers making new accounts so they can trade gil between free trial RMT, and players buying gil.

You want that?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Darus Skybound
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    Anti-RMT?

It's not bad game design, it's actually good game design. You can't fix RMT, only prevent it. They have plenty of PR out there from reviews and the new refer program is their plan to get past such a limited free trial system, so new members will come.

I am reminded of how RMT's were initially getting underway in the game was by making bots do the early quests for crystals and flooding the markets and such. Spam was non stop too...

If free trials are NOT restricted then you would never be able to play the game, as the lag from a million bots and spam messages from gil sellers at the speed of sound. The game would BREAK! The restrictions are in place to ensure a gil seller could not use a trial account for their annoying deeds.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Carmine Cavatina
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Anti-RMT?

WoW has virtually the exact same restrictions...

Characters on Starter Edition game licenses have the following restrictions:

Can't play expansion-restricted content (new classes, continents, etc).
    Can't exceed level 20, 10 gold, and 100 trade skill ranks.
    Can't participate in Pet Battles.
    Can't chat in channels other than say and party.
    Can't whisper another character unless they add you to their friends list.
    Can't create or join guilds, invite players into a party, or create calendar invitations.
    Can't disable experience gains.
    Can't trade, mail, or use the Auction House.
    Can't use voice chat or Real ID.
    Can't use value added services (character transfers, faction changes, etc).
    (4)

"We're all different. But there's something kind of fantastic about that isn't there?"
    "I'm tired of being polite about something that matters so much" ~ Joss Whedon
    "The person who says that the only way to please them is to restrict options for others is, if you ask me, the onewho deserves it least." ~ David Gaider
    "Sorry for the inconvenience, we're trying to change the world." ~ The Protester

Character
    Skeeter Valentine
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 53
    SERIOUSLY THOUGH GUYS>>>
    Someone answer... Is this for PC only? I have 3 friends with PS4 that have been on the edge of spending the 30 bucks to buy the game and play for a month but this would def get them to test it out...

Can a dev answer or can someone confirm please...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Diex Tompy
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Still unable to actually get Free Trial to work.

Anyone have any news about this? It's not sending out any confirmation codes.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser_Cruiser View Post
    SERIOUSLY THOUGH GUYS>>>
    Someone answer... Is this for PC only? I have 3 friends with PS4 that have been on the edge of spending the 30 bucks to buy the game and play for a month but this would def get them to test it out...

Can a dev answer or can someone confirm please...
    From www.ffxiv-freetrial.com
    * The Free Trial is currently only available on Windows PC. Players can play for free for up to 14 days from account creation to a maximum level of twenty. Free trial players will have various limitations on available in-game activities. For more details, please click here.
    (7)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by BrioCyrain View Post
    One of my friends just downloaded the free trial, but can't find anywhere where to make the free trial account. The only options he finds is the fact he still needs to just purchase the game.
    Sounds like he has a previous version of the FFXIV client installed. Please refer to the knowledge base article here.

How to install the Free Trial with an existing version of the FINAL FANTASY XIV client
    1. Make sure all instances of FINAL FANTASY XIV have been uninstalled including the Free Trial
    2. Go to C:\User\(PC Name)\Documents\My Games
    3. Delete the following folder/directory "FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn" or any folder/directory that has FFXIV
    (6)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast