Player
    Character
    Alan Turing
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60

Suggestion: Make Savage Coil Loot chooseable

Hi Folks, even we cannot enter Savage Coil yet but hopefully soon, I have a suggestion anyways:

With RNGesus slapping his dick in our healer faces (not seen healer body once since 1.5. or healer head since 10.5. or healer bracelet) the following came into my mind:

Make it chooseable what you get from Second Coil Savage Chests. I'm perfectly fine with them dropping the same loot as Second Coil. However, let the party decide which 2 items may be picked from the loot table of the respective turn to conquer some really awful RNGesus fails.

It would be a nice incentive for the dedicated raiders who like to get banged over and over, and it wouln't be such of a free loot pinata handout as the hunt is currently for casuals with all the unlimited sands and oil, as we still have the weekly lockout along with the prerequisite to be able to clear savage, which looks quite hard.
    (1)
    Last edited by Grotesque; 07-30-2014 at 03:01 PM.

Player
    Character
    Chris Box
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I mean...isn't that essentially what the oils and sand are for? It's another way to choose yourself a 110 gear incase you don't get your needed piece from second coil. Yea if you don't get lucky you likely have to do hunts for them, but such a system that you ask for does exist though obviously it isn't a high allagan piece and may not be the BiS.

Overall out of savage i'd like to see slightly enhanced versions of the normal difficulty gear, 5 ilvls perhaps. This would mean even number patches and odd number would have new BiS lists and drops for raiders to look forward to instead of just 2.0, 2.2, 2.4 etc. The only issues I could see arising out of that however is ilvl overdose and possible imbalances later down the line, they would have to work around the numbers a lot I would imagine.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alan Turing
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    It is not about getting 110 Gear, it is about getting Coil Gear. That's my point
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chris Box
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Grotesque View Post
    It is not about getting 110 Gear, it is about getting Coil Gear. That's my point
    I get what you're saying, but which would you rather occur: you've cleared heroic boss A in WoW for example so instead of getting heroic gear at random you get your free choice at any normal piece you want from the table, or would you want to get a heroic piece that is better than the normal piece on the table.

It's very very unlikely that SE will do what you suggested because of how the loot system works and reduced longevity of the raid content (thats assuming they add drops to savage coil in the first place). I referenced the oils and sand because the addition of them is a semi solution to your issue that most themepark MMOs do not address at all, raiders getting boned with loot drops. This is likely because most do not consider this an issue.
    (0)
    Last edited by Chrisbox; 07-30-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Player
    Character
    Alan Turing
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Well, I see savage Coil as an optional content (like Black Bestia in FFX) for the challenge, not for extra superior loot, because normal Second Coil is hard enough for the majority of the player base. So I'm fine with this. The tiltes are enough to show off It is just, I'd like to have the HA Set before 2.4 hits xD
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Monkey Nutz
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    I think it would be a nice incentive that doesn't blatantly reward more for clearing Savage Coil as opposed to regular old SCoB. Given that they're very very unlikely to reward better gear, why not let you choose what drops? Sure it's a significant advantage once you get to the point that you're only missing a few pieces amongst your entire raid, but that's exactly the demographic this content is for, right?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rilgon Arcsinh
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Sounds like a solid compromise between WoW-style gear inflation and nothing but cosmetic titles. I dig it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dudude Dude
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    I prefer the option where savage coil drops dyeable versions of the high allagan gear personally.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Legacy Wolfwood
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by DududeDude View Post
    I prefer the option where savage coil drops dyeable versions of the high allagan gear personally.
    this^ i like this :3
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lollie Ondoreil
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Off topic (as i believe this to be a good trade off reward and with hunts the advantage would be negligible)

You may want to edit your op of a certain word. They have removed at least 12 other entire threads due to its use in the last week.
    (0)