Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Character
    Asny Rak'nys
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Sure... resource managemnt is non existant... tell me another good joke... As a bard my TP can be drained within the first few opening minutes of a longer fight - depending if I get procs or not. T5 by the end of the initial adds I will generally be at half TP. By the time first neurolink drops I'm more likely to be at 0 TP(and I tend to already use one invigorate by this time)(it's also why I hate skill speed). So by that time I switch to auto attack to regen my TP to be able to help with conflags(oww what's that you say no strategic use?). Getting into a conflag is a godsend for me since it will allow me to usually fully regen TP. So yes there are strategic uses if you know what you are doing. I do like the 2.5s GCD. But I agree about some positional updates and certain skills taking a while to actually activate.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Derek Hale
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    the only thing that bugs me, about the battle system, is the fact that BLM's procs activates only when Fire lands on the target, instead of when casted.
    that usually requires that you wait till the spell lands,before the next cast, or else you lose a proc.
    (1)
    Did you see my badge? I'm a professional!

Player
    Character
    Odsarzol Que
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Eissels View Post
    You know what's not fun?

Being able to do high DPS and then being slapped on the wrist and told to stick my thumb up my butt and stand around for fifteen seconds because my TP gets constantly drained. It's nothing but an artificial limiter.
    Yeah, if only there were.....I don't know...materia that could cut your TP usage by a % or boost your TP per hit...or a support class that's actually support and can focus on buffing the party and keeping TP and such up.

Quote Originally Posted by ruskie View Post
    Sure... resource managemnt is non existant... tell me another good joke... As a bard my TP can be drained within the first few opening minutes of a longer fight
    To be fair this is more due to BRD having zero combos in this version XIV.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Asny Rak'nys
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupsi View Post
    Yeah, if only there were.....I don't know...materia that could cut your TP usage by a % or boost your TP per hit...or a support class that's actually support and can focus on buffing the party and keeping TP and such up.
    To be fair this is more due to BRD having zero combos in this version XIV.
    Well WHM needs to manage MP and WAR needs to manage TP... I get asked by WARs rarely but still happens for TP song and even mana song from PLDs. Only jobs I never got asked for either is BLM, DRG and MNK.

I think skillspeed should affect TP regen and spellspeed MP regen. Would be more usable than currently is.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shinku Tachi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Overall, I really don't have a problem with the battle system, except for the "Team Jump Rope" mechanics (ie: scripted battles). I don't think it should be 100% random, but, it would be cool if bosses could mix things up from time to time. Just to keep people on their toes.

Also, I really don't have a problem with the GDC; but what would they do with stats like skill speed and spell speed if they got rid of the GDC. Not being snarky, I'm just curious. Would they allocate those numbers to various other stats? To be honest, I'm not exactly sure if spell speed effects the GDC like skill speed, or the actual casting timer.

Also, I would like the ability to do /wait 2.5 or /wait 1.5 in my macros, I think that would be nice.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Staris Fate
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    Yawn, Another bad who had to memorize titan rotation to beat it.

Guess what if your player skill was high enough you didn't have to.

Have fun playing hello kitty online.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Goji Degotye
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 79
    I agree with 1 but not 2 and 3. As a whm, MP managment can be hard sometimes and I just have no idea what you mean with #3... isn't that what new fights are supposed to be about? New mechanics, figuring out how to beat them... i actually like that gear doesn't matter that much.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Naiyah Nanaya
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    The battle system is decent. I just wish they removed or improved Skill Speed. Right now it's almost completely worthless as a stat and yet it's so horribly common on gear. I wouldn't vomit every time I saw it if it at least increased auto-attack speed.
    (0)
    Am I even allowed to be this strong?

Player
    Character
    Valia Rosa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinkuTachi View Post

Also, I would like the ability to do /wait 2.5 or /wait 1.5 in my macros, I think that would be nice.
    You can. I'm guessing you are on a Playstation? At first, we couldn't use the decimals in our macros, but now we can.
    I have /ac Stoneskin <2> <wait 3.5> in one of my macros (for example).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shinku Tachi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadana View Post
    You can. I'm guessing you are on a Playstation? At first, we couldn't use the decimals in our macros, but now we can.
    I have /ac Stoneskin <2> <wait 3.5> in one of my macros (for example).
    Oh ok, thank you for pointing that out. I'll be trying it out soon ^^
    I remember trying that out a long time ago and it didn't work, so I haven't bothered trying since.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3