Player
    Character
    Val Vermillion
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80

Future Tank Skills

Was just curious as to what everyone thinks should happen to the existing tanks when they eventually add more skills. Any new mechanics in mind? what abilities would you like to see added to them?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Brutus Mcguirk
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I'd like to see the paladin get some more MP-based abilities so Riot Blade isn't quite so useless. I mentioned a few of them in the "Paladin rework" thread.

I think, personally, my ideal Paladin rework would be to give the OT Paladin more of a support role than the DPS role that the warrior plays. It'd be based upon healing/buffing nearby allies using powerful defensive/offensive buffs, HOTs and things of that nature that only work on other players in close proximity, and balance their use by giving them huge MP requirements. Some of them could be time based (i.e. the buff lasts X seconds), and some of them could be toggled with a moderate MP cost to cast followed by upkeep until it's toggled off. Combine that with a third attack in the riot blade combo that either heals a large amount of MP but has a high TP cost and low attack potency, or adds a low potency refresh to help recover MP.

Anything that makes the Paladin a viable OT option would be appreciated.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Val Vermillion
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    In regards to PLD I'd personally like to see more stuff relating to the oaths, maybe some stance swapping here and there. As for Warrior I'm not entirely sure, maybe some debuff related abilities?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Synestr Ashbringer
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    AoE stuffs

TY

Syn
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dani Wah
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    A use for riot blade, preferably in the form of a third combo move so we can at least have 2 combos, even if it's adding a damage effect to flash.

Some more area moves, perhaps an on GCD, MP using circle of scorn type holy attack.
    (0)

6. 07-28-2014 07:06 PM

Player
    Character
    Trivarium Ori
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    I can agree with some of what silvach has said:

1. 'Cover' redesigned for all types of damage would be incredibly useful and the ability meaning more would encourage more people to use it.

2. 'Tempered Will' to me is already fine as it is, a reduced cooldown however would be all that I change.

as for 'Sword Oath', Paladins are already more effective dps as OT so I don't see them making any changes to that. Paladins can already out dps warriors when in OT its when they MT that the warriors have the higher dps output.

I would like to see I dps/status ability like 'Holy' for Paladins, since the roots of Paladin are fairly religious in real life it makes sense to have an ability that portrays that. I reduced potency 'Holy' that stuns all nearby targets would be incredibly useful when the whole party is being attack instead of just the healer.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Silvach Dakwhil
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I removed the post from this topic as it is more about rework (and there is another topic for that) than adding some skills in future
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Synestr Ashbringer
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Getting to the PLD is holy thing, I agree. Demons should fear us. Ghosts should be scared of us. Here comes the ol 'in ffxi...." bit. But really, Undead killer or Holy circle would be cool to have. Lot's of places we go to have voidsent, which are essentially demon type mobs. A dmg reflection buff would be neat as well. Active with bulwark or something like that. Or shield spikes, when applied reflect x%of dmg taken, lasts 20 mins or so. Different tiers of them for different duration's or potency, the more potent the less it's active.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Val Vermillion
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    While having some undead/demon slaying skills would be something i think is cool for sure in regards to pally but the game isn't really built around having skills that relate to something that specific, at least not yet. I'm also curious as to what skills they would add to warrior, can anyone think of something warrior is lacking in particular or that adds something to the class without reworking it?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ariki Rinsey
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    New skill call knights of the round. lol
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast