Odin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Grembo View Post
    I'd hardly deem Flash 'very useful'

Turn 4
    /10char
    (1)
    I play for fun, if you don't like it don't play it.

Player
    Character
    Sophie Miret-njer
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Grembo View Post
    Can't imagine you needing IB's buff for trash pulls.

Steel Cyclone does everything you mentioned in your previous post and between the stacks you build + Infuriate it's great for chain pulling.

I'd hardly deem Flash 'very useful' just because you're choosing to use it over superior skills
    I wasn't necessarily talking about just having it for trash pulls, and it's not like there is just a plethora of amazing cross class abilities I'm passing up to keep flash on. Sure there are times where I don't get much use out of it, but there are also plenty of situations where I find it pretty useful. Anyway that's just my opinion on the subject, but for me it's worth keeping as one of my cross class abilities.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grembo Zavia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan061111 View Post
    Turn 4
    /10char
    Not really needed but sure.

I also use it for slugs on t6 but didn't think it deserved a mention as situational stuff that I use once per week hardly says much about Flash on War as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhais View Post
    I wasn't necessarily talking about just having it for trash pulls, and it's not like there is just a plethora of amazing cross class abilities I'm passing up to keep flash on. Sure there are times where I don't get much use out of it, but there are also plenty of situations where I find it pretty useful. Anyway that's just my opinion on the subject, but for me it's worth keeping as one of my cross class abilities.
    Yeah there's not much choice, I used to have Mantra slotted in instead of Flash but never noticed any benefit from it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Grembo; 07-28-2014 at 08:17 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sqwall Lionheart
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Awesome replies everyone. This makes me feel like I'm doing the right thing on warrior. I am new to the class and coming from ilevel 95 paladin I think warrior is just as good if not better in some places.

Preparing all the melee classes for when ninja drops. Never know what I'll need to know for each for that class and what cross class skills I need to acquire.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Stuzack Tev'ryn
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    I am a Warrior, and I have flash equipped.

Some good uses for flash as a Warrior include:
    PBAOE aggro, (no cone)
    When you want to conserve TP,
    Pacification,
    Aggro on slept mobs, (it will keep them off your healer when they wake)
    Aggro on mobs that must not die. (Slimes in T1 or Spiny plume in Garuda EX)

Whilst it's certainly possible to tank without Flash, I believe that having it give far more options that a tank without.
    (1)

Character
    Casval Daikun
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqwall View Post
    Flash is a joke compared to overpower!
    A handful of mana compared to 130 TP?
    One resource you hardly ever use compared to one you use for everything?

Definitely a joke. Let me blow my frontal-cone shaped black hole TP skill when I can just Flash and be done with it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kizuna Astin
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    it useful for T7 OT picking add for sure. For melee and caster add, if your timing on Voice is right after these add spawns, [ and if you got voice debuff or the caster add cast the stone thing.] then you will have to face away from the mob and cant build hate, then flash is your next best option(steal cyclone is not really an option since you need IB to take hit from Melee add.

it also good tool for grabbing hate on the newly spawn add as it does not require mob to be target.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Dindras Kinslayer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I'm not 50 yet, so end game I can't talk about, but I really like flash for dungeons. Lower levels I found myself running out of TP a lot because of OP and I find flash ensures I keep aggro and have enough TP to Tomahawk or OP if I need to. Love that ability, especially since my mana is useless otherwise.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vire Darksteel
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I find flash pretty useful. You can use it while pacification is up from beserk as well as when you are kiting monster you don't have to turn around to hit them with OP you can flash and keep running since it hits things behind you.

As mentioned you can use it to hit monsters that haven't spawned yet like the adds that drop down on turn 4. As well as saving you some TP if you are chain pulling a dungeon and not pausing for tp to regen. You could definitely go without it but I am not sure there is any other pug or gld ability that would be more worth while after you took provoke.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grembo Zavia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Remn View Post
    it useful for T7 OT picking add for sure. For melee and caster add, if your timing on Voice is right after these add spawns, [ and if you got voice debuff or the caster add cast the stone thing.] then you will have to face away from the mob and cant build hate, then flash is your next best option(steal cyclone is not really an option since you need IB to take hit from Melee add.
    You know the Renauld's can spawn right on top of the adds right?

You can prebuild your combo on the boss and unload a butchers block right when the add spawns, no idea why you'd be using mutli target abilities for any of the adds in t7.

Good job on bring something else to the discussion than "flash are a very useful skill because it's the only button I can press while pacified" though.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast