Player
    Character
    Cruxis Septentrion
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

SMN dots aren't landing/showing during Syrcus Tower and S Rank Hunts

I realize that this was improved slightly due to the complaints from before with Odin/Behemoth, but twice in the last week I've had issues with my dots on my smn, and it's impacting my gameplay.

In Syrcus Tower, we had a bunch of bards, blms and smns in the group (I went in solo), and although my dots were landing, the timers for them weren't showing up so I had no idea how to time my Fester properly (especially since Bio runs out before the other 2) and didn't know when it was time to refresh the dots. The only way I knew they had landed in the first place was the fact that my Fester was doing the appropriate amount of damage.

I just fought a Goobbue S-rank Hunt mob with my party in Middle La Noscea, was there for the pull, started applying dots, cast Fester and it said Fester has no effect. I then realized that the mob clearly had reached it's capacity for dots due to all of the other players around and my spells were completely ineffective. I tried 3 times to land them and managed to get Bio on once, which was then overwritten because it once again said Fester has no effect. Then I tried to use Rouse and Spur in an attempt to at least use Enkindle and try and get some damage in somewhere, and then it told me I couldn't use Rouse or Spur because my Garuda-Egi had disappeared due to the limit.

This is ridiculous and needs to be fixed. From now on I'll be using scholar or blm for these hunts until it happens, but this is unacceptable because it makes one of the classes completely useless.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Alex Payne
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I do find it odd that there is such a low DoT limit, especially when these things were designed to have upwards of a dozen DPS classes attacking at once. In the case of hunts, it seems like a hundred DPS.

Garuda being erased from existence is new, though. Never had that happen to me.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zero Kilz
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Worst part is even if you enable the only show my debuffs they still don't appear which is stupid. I'm in the same boat where I'm staring at the mob watching for the "+bio" floating text and making sure fester is hitting for 300 potency.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evercy Warclan
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    This is exactly why I change to PLD or WAR for hunts. SMN is very inefficient since it's one giant Enmity race for full credit. As for ST, haven't experienced it yet, the one and only time I ran ST there were only 2 SMN in all alliances (one being me), but I understand your pain (went as SMN one time to Odin. Naturally I got bronze)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aladdin Sane
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Well in ST your DOTs are getting applied just not showing which is a bit silly tbh. In the case of the hunts, the S ranks have been tuned to 24 players so for S ranks when the whole server shows up you obviously reach the limit pretty quick. Its not just BRD, SMN etc it will be every class Aero, Aero II, Fracture and everything. I'm not sure how easy it would be to fix or whether it is possible to do this for a limited number of monsters or it has to be applied to all, this may make things more difficult.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shinhye Heartstrings
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Out of topic : SMN is not good for hunt, they suck in burst and share enmity with Egi.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sen Terrechant
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by NintenPyjak64 View Post
    This is exactly why I change to PLD or WAR for hunts. SMN is very inefficient since it's one giant Enmity race for full credit. As for ST, haven't experienced it yet, the one and only time I ran ST there were only 2 SMN in all alliances (one being me), but I understand your pain (went as SMN one time to Odin. Naturally I got bronze)
    Titan Enkindle is a low potency DoT that generates a lot of aggro :], and enmity for contribution is based in group- so the egi does help your party get contribution.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shinhye Heartstrings
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Back when in Odin, I remember re-summoning Titan-Egi like 3 times cuz it disappear by unknown reason.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eero Caus
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 77
    I've had the same problem myself. There's just so many DOT's flying out there that mine are not making it before they cap on the mob. I've come up with a specific rotation just so I can be one of the first with my DOT's on the mob and just keep them refreshed before they burn off. If I don't make it in time....I just have to deal with the fact that my fester potency will only be 200 instead of 300. Hey, it's better than nothing, but I still don't like it. I could go for a cap raise on the amount of DOT's that can land on a mob, but that's just me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Iam Groot
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    It is dumb to have such a limit on DoT's they really need to fix it.
    (2)
    Hoarders gonna Horde.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast