Player
    Character
    Hiraeth Petrichor
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeus View Post
    I believe somewhere it was also said that if it was two seperate weapons it would put NIN at a equipment advantage compared to other classes/jobs I mean if you look at it this way. As Exstal said it really comes down to doubling the balancing work, imagine two i110 weapons both with their own damage, both with their own materia slots, and both give their own stats. Now compared to the other DPS classes that kind of puts them at a disadvantage damage wise unless the stat, damage, and materia slots are shared stats and don't go over eachother.
    Funnily enough Yoshi stated it would be unfair to Ninja due to needing the extra time/gil/space investment to gear an extra slot in comparison to other classes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kyharu Wolfsbane
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by MartaDemireux View Post
    Funnily enough Yoshi stated it would be unfair to Ninja due to needing the extra time/gil/space investment to gear an extra slot in comparison to other classes.
    I can imagine trying to farm the myth for two weapons... or the materials to create two weapons... my god can you imagine if for long range skills they had to equip a third weapon and it first had to be created? The rage.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shichi Mamura
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    I can imagine trying to farm the myth for two weapons... or the materials to create two weapons... my god can you imagine if for long range skills they had to equip a third weapon and it first had to be created? The rage.
    You're not even looking at the hardest part;

24 Atma
    30 books (27,000 myth)
    150 Alexandrite?

OOOOOOOOOOOO k.

Or Novus + Allagan/High Allagan/Dark Allagan
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sahja Jinjahl
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 73
    Quote Originally Posted by MartaDemireux View Post
    In the recent live letter preview we can see 4 mudra. They're heavily stylized kanji by the looks of it and to the best of my ability I believe they are the following (in order of appearance): 决, 巾, 老, 赳. Respectively: "Decisive," "Width/Breadth," "old/aged," "Grand/Valiant" or thereabouts.

The Ninjutsu mudra combos shown are:
    决: Giant exploding shurikan thrown.
    巾+老: Bolt of lightning.
    Unknown combination: Ice.
    巾+巾: Fire.
    Uknown combination: Earth swirl.
    决+赳+巾: Tornado thing.
    巾+巾+巾: Water spout.

Each mudra appears to be off the GCD. The Ninjutsu which require 3 mudra take about 3 seconds to input. Therefor it's highly likely that the bulk of the NIN's DPS will come from Rogue abilities and that they will most likely be DoT's. Essentially a melee-SMN sans pet.

Just want to point out that physical weapon skills deal damage based on Attack Potency, not STR/DEX. STR/DEX determines AP at a 1:1 ratio (in addition to parry/block rates/mitigation). Whether or not STR or DEX raises AP is determined by the weapon type. For now DEX=AP only for bows and STR=AP for every other weapon (including books/staves/wands/rods/cudgels). This is why it's so easy to make any weapon DEX or STR based, it's literally just a flip of a switch. It's mis-worded and an inaccurate over-simplification on the current tool-tip for DEX where it states it effects ranged attacks. This can be seen with all non-ARC/BRD ranged attacks scaling off of AP which is based on their weapon's stat (STR) and not based on DEX despite them being ranged attacks.

In beta abilities such as Tomahawk did in fact scale off of DEX but they did next to no damage due to their base classes gearing for STR. This is when they rectified the damage formulas for weapon skills to scale off of AP instead of the base stat. The DEX/STR tool-tips are basically just remnants that sort of work in the current model until you bring in all of the non-ARC/BRD ranged attacks.
    I'm aware of how the system actually works. I simply trying to keep things simple for simplicity's sake.

As for the ninjutsu symbols. Originally I thought they were Kanji, but after closer analyzing it seemed more stylized towards Sanskrit than Chinese characters. But I couldn't really find any close approximations to the symbols used. At this point, I'm assuming they're using some pseudo-symbol combinations that are more or less resembling Eorzean/Hydalaen script. Lore would probably love to ask what each symbol means, but I get the sense we'll know when the class is released, or during the next interview around Gamescom time.

Quote Originally Posted by Exstal View Post
    You're not even looking at the hardest part;

24 Atma
    30 books (27,000 myth)
    150 Alexandrite?

OOOOOOOOOOOO k.

Or Novus + Allagan/High Allagan/Dark Allagan
    To be fair, if the ninja weapons were individually equipped, they would've used the same format as the paladin weapon and shield. So they wouldn't twice as much as anyone else.

I plan to do a video analysis of the moves we've seen so far very soon. Just need a little free time and I'll post ahead and you guys can comment or speculate to your hearts desire.
    (1)
    Last edited by Dynza; 07-28-2014 at 02:38 PM.

Player
    Character
    Shichi Mamura
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynza View Post
    To be fair, if the ninja weapons were individually equipped, they would've used the same format as the paladin weapon and shield. So they wouldn't twice as much as anyone else.
    Ah, I was under the impression that you could use the weapons in either hand if you wanted. Having two different Novus' with complementing or different stats would be all kinds of crazy. Reminds me of Aion's Assassin.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    While many of are still assuming there will be a class needed to unlock, which based on videos it has similar movements to pugilist and dragoon.
    However has it not been said that Rogue is a completely new class of itself and Ninja will be the job so if that be the case pugilist or other classes would not be needed, maybe only for cross class abilities.
    I actually think the class will have attacks that cause bleeding and other dot
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Svana Fyth
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Maero View Post
    While many of are still assuming there will be a class needed to unlock, which based on videos it has similar movements to pugilist and dragoon.
    However has it not been said that Rogue is a completely new class of itself and Ninja will be the job so if that be the case pugilist or other classes would not be needed, maybe only for cross class abilities.
    You're forgetting that every Job requires lv30 in one class (in this case, Rogue) and lv15 in another class (most likely pugilist or lancer), which is also one of the two classes they'll get cross-class abilities from.
    (1)
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." ~Oscar Wilde

Player
    Character
    Kyharu Wolfsbane
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Maero View Post
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/122...edia-Interview Thanks to Exstal for the link on that. But yeah they have poisons and ninjutsu, and the class is seeming to be most of the damage since it will take a few moments to cast ninjutsu.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shichi Mamura
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/122...edia-Interview Thanks to Exstal for the link on that. But yeah they have poisons and ninjutsu, and the class is seeming to be most of the damage since it will take a few moments to cast ninjutsu.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/122...ted-Interviews

Bookmark this page for future possible reveals!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    River's Edge
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by YanderePrincess View Post
    You're forgetting that every Job requires lv30 in one class (in this case, Rogue) and lv15 in another class (most likely pugilist or lancer), which is also one of the two classes they'll get cross-class abilities from.
    It's not outside the realm of possibility for the secondary class to be Thaumaturge or even Arcanist. There is precedent with Paladin and Conjurer.

If SE followed the model of a job's secondary being in a different city-state, assuming the Rogue is in Limsa that would point to Thaumaturge. However that was likely a design element meant to encourage exploration, so is possible SE might break away from that trend as well.
    (0)

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast