Character
    K'aio Tia
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80

Proposed new Atma system

Hey all!

The atma system within the game has been criticised for relying too heavily on RNG, and no one likes RNG quest mechanics. They're just not fun. However, there is a way to still have a grind for atma, but not to have it rely on an RNG system.

Upon accepting the atma quest, the player is given 12 unimbued atma crystals, which can be imbued with power by taking part in FATEs in the designated areas. (Keeping in line with bringing people back to redo FATEs).

Each atma will have a progress bar, that will fill upon the completion of FATEs. As to how much it fills per FATE could be down to how many players took part, your end result, how long the FATE lasted etc. This progress bar gives players a clear view of how much longer they have to grind to get their atma. It allows them to gauge progress and actually see development with their character, instead of just hoping for the drop.

When the progress bar reaches 100%, the player has got their atma crystal.

I, personally, feel this system will allow players to see an actual progression with their characters. Obviously, there will be people who enjoy the current system in place, it is impossible to please everyone, but hopefully this will alleviate any stresses people have with the current RNG-based system, whilst keeping in line with SE's plans for a grind and to bring players back to older content.

Let me know what you think of my idea, and I apologise for the slightly longer post!
    (24)

Player
    Character
    Blue Kitty
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 84
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAtticusxx View Post
    The atma system within the game has been criticised for relying too heavily on RNG, and no one likes RNG quest mechanics. They're just not fun. However, there is a way to still have a grind for atma, but not to have it rely on an RNG system.
    The random nature of it isn't a big deal but the low drop rate. With smaller drop rates it's more likely you could farm for days and not get one. Bumping the drop rates so it takes hours per atma and not potentially days would be better when the content is no longer current.

Quote Originally Posted by xxAtticusxx View Post
    Upon accepting the atma quest, the player is given 12 unimbued atma crystals, which can be imbued with power by taking part in FATEs in the designated areas. (Keeping in line with bringing people back to redo FATEs).

Each atma will have a progress bar, that will fill upon the completion of FATEs. As to how much it fills per FATE could be down to how many players took part, your end result, how long the FATE lasted etc. This progress bar gives players a clear view of how much longer they have to grind to get their atma. It allows them to gauge progress and actually see development with their character, instead of just hoping for the drop.
    That's exactly what you do with the books but you kill select fates/bosses/mobs and leves. I'm at that stage at 3/9 completed.
    (0)

Character
    Ember Rage
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Is complaining about atma still a thing? That's SO 2.2.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    K'aio Tia
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by kidvideo View Post
    Is complaining about atma still a thing? That's SO 2.2.
    Not complaining, suggesting improvement
    (8)

Player
    Character
    King Adunis
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Sell specific Atma's for 300-500 Allied Seals. Done.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Barbaric Samurai
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 44
    I wish they would do something. Only part of this game that I want to do and get done for my two relic weapons, but I'm not looking forward to doing. Lol
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Fawkes Macleod
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Saccharin View Post
    The random nature of it isn't a big deal but the low drop rate. With smaller drop rates it's more likely you could farm for days and not get one. Bumping the drop rates so it takes hours per atma and not potentially days would be better when the content is no longer current.
    The way the RNG is now you can get it in one try or you can get it in 200, so upping the drop rate alone might not even be a noticeable effect for the unluckiest players unless it's a really significant increase that completely trivializes the atma part of the quest. Although I don't mind if they trivialize it, because I hate it, I'd be happy if they just gave some tangible form of progression. OP's idea isn't bad, but I'd expect something that works more in tandem with the existing drops. Like a repeatable quest that's like "do 30 FATEs with your zenith equipped" and it gives an atma of your choice as a reward, so while you're out grinding FATEs you're also progressing the quest.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Laifon Covey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 52
    The lower lvl areas are deserted, why would someone even go outside of town/r.toll when u have the o-mighty duty finder?
    The only way for zones to become more populated to them is through RNG, god do I wish SE had other thoughts on this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    K'aio Tia
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    The biggest issue with atma is that SE originally said they wanted to make relic progression difficult, and that not everyone will have the top tier relic. However, tedium is not synonymous with difficulty, and that's exactly what the atma grind is: tedious.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Tauu Aori
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I think the drop chance should increase slightly with each completed FATE until the atma drops. This would help eliminate the brutal bad luck streaks players often have.
    (7)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast