Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramul View Post
    Why have leveling at all?
    what i've been saying. its actually pointless other then a time sink because the gear levels for you.
    your not alone took me months to level my ACN, leveling is nothing but a time sink dont teach you anything since you can do it solo if you wanted.
    (0)
    Last edited by indira; 07-24-2014 at 04:19 PM.

Player
    Character
    Nephera Habasi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Leveling lancer when you have no interest in it is pretty excruciating I agree. Take it from someone who leveled a lancer to 50 in 1.0 and then decided not to play lancer in 2.0 but still had to get it to 34 (second char).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nico Nico
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    ...Am I alone in thinking like this??!?
    I have a friend said the same words months ago, last week he told me the real boring starts when he has all classes 50... ^^;
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Asny Rak'nys
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterJoint View Post
    blood for blood is VERY essential as a bard. aka a must
    I'd say Invigorate is the most essential for bard. B4B is a nice optional extra but so far have been without it(getting lnc to 22 was annoying enough). I do use dex pots so that compnesates on some burn phases.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Dracyn Navarre
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    I have no issues with leveling other jobs but what I do have issues with is just how boring it is. Leves, Fates, Dungeons... After a while I start falling asleep at the computer.

I've suggested many times that side quests should unlock with reduced gil rewards when you unlock a new class. But have it to where you can't actually do the quests unless you're on that class. So no getting the quests on your lvl 15 lancer then switching to your lvl 50 smn to blast through them so you can turn them all in on your lancer. They would be class locked just like the class quests you get every 5 levels.

It would break up the monotony for dps having to do the same 5 leves for 5 levels before moving on to the next zone to do the same 5 leves for another 5 levels while waiting half an hour for your dungeon queue to pop.

Not only that but leves are just painful if you don't live alone. That timer...once you start it you can't walk away if someone needs something. If you do you either miss out on max rewards or you can even fail it. And that's not fun.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Amarath Valseen
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Challenge log, daily rewards from duty roulette, the bonus from doing guildheists once per class, hunting log, and if worse comes to worse, battle leves, in the higher levels you can also do your beast tribe dailys as one class, then switch to the one your leveling for the turn in exp, toss in the occasional fate and you'll be 50 in no time at all. I just finished WHM, and now I am working on BLM. I would level faster but I find it hard to pull myself away from SMN!

I like to do dungeons, but if your dps and don't have a tank friend the queue is terrible.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yu Zeneolsia
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    While I do agree that leveling a new class can be boring. I have to disagree that it is a grind.
    You can always do:
    - Dungeons
    - Leves
    - FATES
    - Once a day you can get bonus experience from both Guildhest and Dungeon. Both give toghter a whole level or even more.
    - The quests that you did not do from level 1-15.
    - If you realy dont want do the above, you can always grind mobs, but I find that boring.

Dont forget to always eat some food for the experience bonus, log off at the INN or MAJOR CITY and keep your chocobo out when your doing fates for bonus damage/tanking/healing.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Valia Rosa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 71
    For anyone not yet leveled who is reading this, I will suggest leaving some of your side quests for other classes. You'll appreciate it later. Also, you can do one of two things: level 1 class and then go back for other classes (you get a bonus to exp gain), or level more than 1 (the ones you need for your job and cross class skills) at the same time. Variety is good!

OP, I'm glad you've discovered leveling isn't THAT awful. XD
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Eissels View Post
    Leveling in most RPGs has a story-driven path to help take your mind off of it, though. Leveling a second job is just... Pointless grinding. There's no overarcing thing to achieve beyond "getting higher level."
    You get a new storyline
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Surian Bedivere
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Leveling sub classes isnt that rough.

The fact that none of them have any really spectacular skills you absolutely cannot go without. Even the "amazing" skill Blood for Blood only gives you 2,5% more damage on average over it's duration, and only if you use it the second it is up.

If we got to equip -every- skill from that class on our jobs, i would gladly level whatever it takes. Let me use Holy on my Paladin. Let me set an archer's Wide Volley for more AoE damage. Let me have Bio II or Miasma from Scholar.

There's very little point to it when 90% of the skills cannot be set, and the remaining 10% that can be set hold no real value other than maybe one or two of them per job.
    (0)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast