Player
    Character
    Kenshiro Joestar
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90

Almost one year already...

And we still don't have news on the 64b DX11 client or the add-on support for PC, and no question about it was read on the latest live letter.

What's up with that' I thought 6 months after the PS4 release we would get the improved PC client.

At this rate I fear we will get it at the same time as the expansion, as it will be the most logical moment to release it, and to PR the expansion with performance improvements and all that...
    (8)

Character
    Randolont Althoreaux
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    The DX11 client came up I believe at the E3 Live Letter. It may have been the one before it. It was stated that it was nearly ready but they were waiting until they finished with the Chinese release. 2.5 timing is probably a safe bet if not before since it was also stated it would be out by the end of the year. Add-On Support is to follow the DX11 client. Do you really need them to give updates on the project every month? Obviously things are on track and there's no sense constantly asking about them until it's closer to the intended release. FYI six months after PS4 release is actually 2.4 timing (October). That is certainly a reachable target since the Chinese client will be off and running well before then.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Khal Amari
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    How exactly will a dx11 update improve what's already there? Not being pessimistic, I'm legitimately curious (need a reason to be excited I guess).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kenshiro Joestar
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    The DX11 client came up I believe at the E3 Live Letter. It may have been the one before it. It was stated that it was nearly ready but they were waiting until they finished with the Chinese release. 2.5 timing is probably a safe bet if not before since it was also stated it would be out by the end of the year. Add-On Support is to follow the DX11 client. Do you really need them to give updates on the project every month? Obviously things are on track and there's no sense constantly asking about them until it's closer to the intended release. FYI six months after PS4 release is actually 2.4 timing (October). That is certainly a reachable target since the Chinese client will be off and running well before then.
    Oh, thanks for the info, I think i did not catch on the chinese release statement. I hope it comes soon, specially teh add-on API, so I want to make an add-on to hide my action bars as It happened in 1.0 since ARR alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by ValVae View Post
    How exactly will a dx11 update improve what's already there? Not being pessimistic, I'm legitimately curious (need a reason to be excited I guess).
    Better shaders, some functions DX9 had been improved and enhanced, and some effects that were software only before now will be done directly by hardware hence improving performance, the possibility of better physics and lightning effects, tessalation, etc...
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Faedra Braddock
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I just wish we had addon support. :/

So many QoL addons I miss...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aria Placida
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 88
    Quote Originally Posted by Eissels View Post
    I just wish we had addon support. :/

So many QoL addons I miss...
    Six months after release, right?

Even accounting for delays due to server issues and such, that one's still way over due. . .
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Maximiloix Tirauland
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    i also wanna know what happened to the primal fates and being able to summon those primals
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aren Jasiwel
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    After playing Online PC games that use their own Client (rather than XBL or Steam), I've found I enjoy getting updated clients almost as much as the expansion. Like seriously, Clients are kind of a big deal.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Faedra Braddock
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridiana View Post
    Six months after release, right?

Even accounting for delays due to server issues and such, that one's still way over due. . .
    A proper parser, and actual mob HP values, and cooldown timers on skills, and, and, and... *Droool.*
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zetsumei Tsunarashi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Eissels View Post
    A proper parser, and actual mob HP values, and cooldown timers on skills, and, and, and... *Droool.*
    All of these things already exist...
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast