Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Faedra Braddock
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50

Do you think we'll ever have trinkets in this game?

I was just musing, there's really no "proc-oriented" gear in this game like there is in a lot of other MMOs, or really any gear that provides advantages outside of a flat, static stat boost. Was there anything like that in FFXI, or is that kind of stuff really not SE's bag?

(I was just thinking, it might be a neat thing to slot in as an "upgraded" sort of soul. Like something that gave class-specific boosts or neat little procs.)
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Taja Shin
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    It would certainly allow for more interesting gear choices than just "this thing has 2 more [stat] than this other thing."
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I agree trinkets would add more to the game. But at the same time it just be oh only this trinkets are useful the for your class the rest are useless.

If SE does add them it be nice to see more tinkets and different set ups.
    (3)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Surian Bedivere
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    We have trinkets, lots of them, i make them on my goldsmith all the time... @_@?

What's wrong with our jewelry and rings?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Faedra Braddock
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Surian View Post
    We have trinkets, lots of them, i make them on my goldsmith all the time... @_@?

Trinkets (also sometimes called relics or talismans, depending on the MMO) are generally an extra accessory slot, that give bonuses in ways that aren't just static base stats, i.e; "increases the damage of heavy shot by 50" or "has a chance on spellcast to deal 200 fire damage" or stuff like that.

My little addendum is that they might be a neat way to expand the soul slot.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Blue Kitty
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 84
    I hope not, they just add issues in game unless they make them boring, available and stat sticks. Then what's the point.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tam Hawkins
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Surian View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Eissels View Post
    I was just musing, there's really no "proc-oriented" gear in this game like there is in a lot of other MMOs, or really any gear that provides advantages outside of a flat, static stat boost. Was there anything like that in FFXI, or is that kind of stuff really not SE's bag?

(I was just thinking, it might be a neat thing to slot in as an "upgraded" sort of soul. Like something that gave class-specific boosts or neat little procs.)
    read again, she is not talking about rings and such. What she means is things that give other things as +3 Vit +.... - for example something that increases the radius of an aoe, increases the percentage of a proc or changes the effect in a specific way, something that adds Special traits for example 5% more Speed, less falling dmg or reseting a specific cd whenever we crit (like the passives every class already has but on Equipment so when can swithc it out and modify as we like it)
    (0)

Character
    Kytre Ashaer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Like all other stats in the game, these would get placed into "must have" and "avoid" categories.

People will find the "best" ones and will berate anyone with a different one, denying groups and whatnot. Look at the novus weapons; there's an accepted "best" Stat allocation for each and all others are "inferior" (I don't believe that BTW, my bravura novus will have an 'odd' set of stats when I get the rest of my Alex).
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Kytheren Kenni
    World
    Seraph
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    XI did have "trinkets" in the way of special gear, usually from NMs, that grant bonuses like faster running speed or increased skill effectiveness.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Faedra Braddock
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by PArcher View Post
    Like all other stats in the game, these would get placed into "must have" and "avoid" categories.

People will find the "best" ones and will berate anyone with a different one, denying groups and whatnot. Look at the novus weapons; there's an accepted "best" Stat allocation for each and all others are "inferior" (I don't believe that BTW, my bravura novus will have an 'odd' set of stats when I get the rest of my Alex).
    I mean, that happens with any piece of gear, in any MMO, with anything, ever.

Certain people are going to find the most optimal combination of gear/stats. Though I've noticed that FFXIV is a lot less theorycrafter-friendly than most other titles.
    (3)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast