Player
    Character
    Dagger Deviljho
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50

Couple Questions

When I am in the subcommands in my inventory/armory and it says "link," what does that mean/do?

When you level sync, does it change the stats of your equipment at all?

Thanks!!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    From what I remember, 'link' allows you to basically add that piece of armour/weapon/item into a message in the chat window and it will highlight the item's name in a different colour. When the cursor is run over the name it will show the item's inventory description - I can only speculate but the term 'link' probably is shorthand for the computer term 'hyperlink' which works in a similar manner.

As for level sync, I'm not sure 100%, but from what I understand it indeed caps your equipment stats - officially SE has stated that level synced gear caps lower than 'proper' level-equivalent gear, but both here and in FFXI I've always found level-synced gear is still far more stronger than 'normal' gear for that lower level. The stat cap is only temporary though and disappears once the level sync ends. In any event, I'm sure someone on here has more accurate information about it.

I hope this has helped!
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Player
    Character
    Deneb Algiedi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Enkidoh is correct. The "link" subcommand provides a link to the item in your inventory. Players can mouse over it and see the stats on it (and materia melds). It can also be used to confirm that you have the specified item in your inventory.

Level Sync temporarily reduces the stat cap on the items. And the gear is slightly lower than an optimally geared character for that level as well. For example, running Sastasha in the full lv.15 dungeon set is going to be slightly better than the AF stat-wise. However, the AF set will focus on different stats (DET and Crit as an example), while the Sastasha will have other stats (DET and S.Spd). This means some classes benefit more from those items than others. Generally though, I think they're more or less comparable. If you're level-synced, assume any gear above the threshold is the best you can get for that level. It may not be as optimized for your playstyle as a novus, but it's close enough that it doesn't matter for level-synced content.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagger_32 View Post
    When I am in the subcommands in my inventory/armory and it says "link," what does that mean/do?
    It sends a link to the chat box, so you can send a message through chat about the item. People seeing your chat message will see the item name (in their own system's language, I believe), and if they hover over it, will see the item's tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagger_32 View Post
    When you level sync, does it change the stats of your equipment at all?
    As I understand it, if your equipment has higher stats than anything equippable at the synced level, then its stats will change to be the equivalent of the best equipment available at that level. So for instance, there's no difference between i50 and i100 gear while running Sastasha, as either would sync to the best someone could have at level 18 or so.
    (0)