Player
    Character
    Odsarzol Que
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Vejjiegirl View Post
    You can notice them from far away, I zoomed in to get a better picture. No need to be a asshole
    Ignore it lol, most games have low quality graphics because they expect you to never be zoomed in.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcFatalis View Post
    yes and 1.0 was slow as balls
    Had nothing to do with the physics, though - was explained it was the engine as it was not suited for MMORPGs so using the usual techniques for games (too many shaders) bogged the game down.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kenshiro Joestar
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    yes and 1.0 was slow as balls
    It could be a toggle-able option, like I think it was in 1.0, so the people with less powerful machines don't struggle with performance.

What's wrong with adding options and improvements to the game? Even more if it's former self already had them.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Baneus Prime
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 56
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrinn View Post
    Dresses, robes, coats, hats, everything in this game clips. They haven't fixed any of the others so chances are, they won't fix this either.

Funny thing is, they still refuse to give us long hair while citing "clipping" as the problem. As if.
    Pretty much. All my back mounted weapons still clip with any of the wizard type caster hats; to the point where I immediate glamour to glasses or monocles as soon as I get one, not matter how good it looks.
    (1)
    Having an opinion does not make you right or wrong, it simply means you have an opinion. Don't get irritated when people don't agree.

Player
    Character
    Valmar Atheron
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannythm View Post
    Would be cool to increase the physics int eh game, sot he hair and clothes would bend and adapt to the other surfaces near them, I've seen this done in other games, and if I don't recall badly 1.0 had this.
    This right here ^^^^ 1000Times!!!!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arc Fatalis
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    im not being an asshole, all im sayin is paying that much attention to something so minor is akin to you, pyaing attention to a zit on an ant when youre actually playing. vanity shit like that is a small thing compared to the things that really need fixing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Odsarzol Que
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    im not being an asshole, all im sayin is paying that much attention to something so minor is akin to you, pyaing attention to a zit on an ant when youre actually playing. vanity shit like that is a small thing compared to the things that really need fixing.
    I think it's more the fact:

FFXI - Circa 2002 PS2 has less clipping than FFXIV ARR, a PC game released in 2013. So yes it's minor in comparison to some stuff like the gameplay, but when it has noticably more clipping than pretty much any other launched MMO (or game really), there's a problem.

So it doesn't bother you but reviewers and the like will notice it and will mention it in part of the graphics if they care to. No press is bad press, but when you think about it, clipping was more of an 1990s 3D game issue.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Valmar View Post
    Well Camate and Grekumah arn't GMs, they are Community Reps, but thats besides the point.

I dont care how rude or cold some one is, I want Truth, not buttered up sympathy answers.
    Camate: I'll answer the question. You want answers?
    Grekumah: I think I'm entitled!
    Camate: You want answers?!
    Grekumah: I want the truth!
    Camate: You can't handle the truth!
    (71)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Valmar Atheron
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    (0)
    Last edited by Valmar; 07-25-2014 at 07:42 AM.

Player
    Character
    Almalexia Indoril
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    There's a reason many games with character generators shy away from long hair (below the shoulders) and loose, flowing garments: it does not look good in motion due to clipping. Even attempting to prevent clipping - typically when a physics engine is involved - can produce many amusing or unsightly results as objects wildly collide and ricochet.

We cannot realistically expect anyone to go through every permutation of race, body, hair, gear and pose and alter the dimensions ever-so-slightly until it fits--well, we could hold them to that, if we didn't mind getting one new outfit every year. But then people would complain about palette swaps and lack of variety.

I would rather have superficial variance in gear issued more frequently than compatible gear issued less frequently. It's a reasonable compromise, and it's not like we're dealing with any glaring deformations like fingers clipping through gloves or cheeks clipping through that flat board where my ass used to be. Yoshida.

edit: should have said "typically" for physics
    (1)
    Last edited by Almalexia; 07-25-2014 at 07:43 AM.

Player
    Character
    Hayley Westenra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Greetings,

This is similar to what we said in the past, but I would like to reiterate it for those who may have missed it.

Fundamentally, we are prioritizing the introduction of equipment in a large variety of designs, regardless of whether or not they may have clipping issues or overlap with certain equipment or characters. Due to this, we will not be making any adjustments to the dresses. However, in extreme cases there may be instances where we will make changes.

Btw, I am rocking the Crescent Moon Nightgown as my tank body, and nothing compares to how dapper it makes me look.
    Do you have any pictures of your character wearing the Nightgown? I don't think a lot of us players know what you and the other Community Reps' characters look like.
    (0)

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast