Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Autumn Lovelace
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    I think we're getting off topic here about hair. This thread is about the long skirts clipping feet, and yet other similarly long clothing like robes doesn't (or does so less noticeably.)

It doesn't have to be a perfect solution to solve all clipping ever! Just move the hem a bit higher during animation so feet doesn't go through it. When you stick physics on it, the feet will be below the mesh of the dress.
    (1)
    Last edited by Phenidate; 07-23-2014 at 01:30 AM.

Player
    Character
    Bisera Cecilina
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenidate View Post
    We have long hemmed clothing that's not clipping the feet, you can see it in the side by side gifs.
    If I was to make a gif of my roeg wearing that same outfit, you would see my feet go through both.
    The clipping at times is least noticeable on lalas but for everyone else in the game, their feet will go through robes.

Hair is another ball of wax entirely. I really wish it would clip less.
    While I love some of the new style with the braid, if I wear anything but the swimsuit or undergarment top the hair will clip very badly.

Maybe XI spoiled me. There was far less clipping in that game so after so many years of playing it I simply got used to stuff not clipping as much...
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Anapingofness View Post
    @OP!

It happens to every one who wears dresses or robes.
    It's especially terribad on fem roegs.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...g-And-Clipping
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Cherry Fortuna
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 70
    I think a good "solution" may be some mid-length dresses. I haven't really seen any at all. The longest skirt I've seen that isn't to the floor is the craftable "boarskin skirt" but that isn't wearable but to a few classes and comes with legwarmers.

All the other skirts are super minis and you can't even see them if you wear a normal length shirt. The dresses are nice, but like the "spring skirt", it's to the floor so we have those clipping errors which I doubt will get fixed. It would require revamping the skeletal system too much.

So I humbly suggest some mid length skirts (IE to the knee) They would have the benefit of being a skirt/dress and not clip with running feet and be long enough you could actually see them.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Denevieve Nebilim
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    So glad I never went max height..
    (0)

Player

It isn't the skirt length that causes clipping, even short skirts like Evoker's waistcoat clips with the hips of characters that are not Hyur or miqote. I addressed this in an old thread, I think the reasoning might be because of the lower body change from 1.0 to 2.0. Modeling for gear might be done with the Hyur/Miqote model so things worn on lalafell and Roegadyn clip since we use a different model.

I'll gather some more gear clip images in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by TeaTimeBear View Post
    So glad I never went max height..
    I used fantasia pot to go min height. The problem was still there.
    (1)
    Last edited by Vejjiegirl; 07-23-2014 at 06:21 AM.

Player
    Character
    Denevieve Nebilim
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Vejjiegirl View Post
    It isn't the skirt length that causes clipping, even short skirts like Evoker's waistcoat clips with the hips of characters that are not Hyur or miqote. I addressed this in an old thread, I think the reasoning might be because of the lower body change from 1.0 to 2.0. Modeling for gear might be done with the Hyur/Miqote model so things worn on lalafell and Roegadyn clip since we use a different model.

I see it even on a miqo'te.. my roe only has it if I dance.. same with miqo'te.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cherry Fortuna
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Vejjiegirl View Post

It's a two fold problem. It clips the feet and the hips. I realize that changing the length only fixes the feet problem.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Odsarzol Que
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    This largely why they shouldn't have butchered the models in the 'remake' - but they did so to make gear design easier and faster, same reason they got rid of waist graphics.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Autumn Lovelace
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    They could alter the dress dimensions in general, it seems like it just needs a bit more tweaking. I'm wondering if the art team knows about this, but they can't get to it if the community doesn't talk about it.
    I would never say its their fault, they want to make things that look great but only have so much time (really, I don't think there's many artists in this world who would willingly settle for less than perfect if they had all the time in the world!). If they know we care about these details, it may give them the reason they need to improve what I consider some of the best looking outfits of any MMO to date.
    (2)

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast