Player
    Character
    Dark Saviour
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmbei View Post
    How about this as a solution, make the NM's Hunt mobs only targetable, poppable and get credit if you or some one in your party has the Mark sheet handed by Hunt Board.
    So ~5 minutes of content and then nothing worthwhile to do for a week. Sounds legit.

But really, I think the initial suggestion proposed in this thread is good conceptually, but its made more complicated than it needs to be.
    Really I'd just say give a right click option that says, "Declare target"/"Announce"/"Commence with the brutality" or whatever on inactive marks. The first person to find them and select that gets full credit, full stop and the position then gets broadcast to the map. Everything else can continue same as it ever was from then on.
    (0)

Character
    Zanon Reeves
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    The hunts are fine.

No need for forum threads about your input, if you want input go sign a application at Square-Enix and see if your idea's get through the door.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aegon Wylde
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Hmmm . Make HP same as Odin for A and S ranks. And make B ranks like current S rank?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    King Adunis
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Saviour View Post
    But really, I think the initial suggestion proposed in this thread is good conceptually, but its made more complicated than it needs to be.
    Really I'd just say give a right click option that says, "Declare target"/"Announce"/"Commence with the brutality" or whatever on inactive marks. The first person to find them and select that gets full credit, full stop and the position then gets broadcast to the map. Everything else can continue same as it ever was from then on
    I'm glad you think its good conceptually, though I'm curious why you think it's more complicated than it needs to be?

Like, how is your version any less complicated? Mine is virtually the same:

Quote Originally Posted by Parz3val View Post
    I also do not understand would think this suggestion "overly-complicated"

Click once, mob goes invincible for 1 minute, now kill it.

Think from a play-perspective, seriously play it out in your mind's eye, it's ridiculously simple.
    Difference of right-click vs. putting a one-click on your hotbar.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    hit monster you claim the monster for your alliance. thats how you fix it. old school style if you people are too slow to make it before you get killed and you die you lose claim.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cherry Fortuna
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Umero View Post
    the best way to fix the Hunts is to allow retainers to go look for the marks and slay them.
    /signed

My retainers were killing Moogle King HM when they were level 15 (She brought me the moogle axe), so why not have them do hunts for us? The primal fights are harder than most hunts. You cannot deny the logic. Make it happen!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alexandrya Majeel
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    although i like a lot of this, you're asking for a lot of recoding to be done, I think we've came up with a much simpler fix in this thread http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...to-Elite-Hunts tell us what you think =)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Silma Floyd
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 65
    Quote Originally Posted by Parz3val View Post
    .Give us all an ability, "Tag Mark".
    NO, HELL NO.
    This is the worst idea on how to fix hunts, ever.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rorotte Rotte
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    best way to fix hunts. Put seals on a weekly cap meaning people don't need to farm them 24/7 meaning once the hardcore hunters are done and dusted there is less competition for the hunts. Done.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    C'rysta Zeith
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    I think this suggestion will make the Hunts overly complicated (at least on the development side) and prone to other types of exploits like “pos-hacking” (where players/bots are teleporting to the location of their target and tag them before the other players even see the mark).

The biggest problem we are facing right now is that the rewards of the Hunt system resulted into the situation where everyone and their pets want to join in on the “fun”. Especially when you don’t need the Mark Bills in order to get credit for the Hunt.

In my opinion, adding means to get people to the Mark location faster or adding “Immunity”-timers to allow more people to reach the Mark location won’t really solve the issue. There are too just many people hunting the mobs.

What i would like to see is a system where you pop certain Hunts through items you get by completing the Mark Bills. Right now, for the Daily Mark Bills you get either 1 or 2 Allied Seals (depending on the rank of the Mark Bill).

SE could add a “consumable item” to the Mark Bill with which you can pop different NM’s all over Eorzea. These popped NM’s can only be claimed and killed by the group that popped the NM. Like Treasure Maps and Leve’s.

The “consumable item” could also be implemented like a “Hunting Allowance” (Like a “Leve Allowance” which does not refresh after x hours, but after completing Mark Bills).

In Final Fantasy XIV 1.0, we had something like Faction Leve’s where we could go hunt for certain NM’s which could also drop gear. In order to get these Faction Leve’s, we had to spend Faction Points which we would get by doing regular leve’s. The regular Leve’s would give us a certain (random) amount of Faction Points for a handful of Factions (like the “Brotherhood of Swords”), next to the gil and item rewards.

So, talking about an alternative implementation, it could be something like this:
    • Get Mark Bills from the Hunting Board.
    • Complete these Mark Bills to get Allied Seals, Tomestones and Hunting Allowance/Points.
    • Spend Hunting Allowance/Points to get Hunting Leve’s.
    • The Hunting Leve’s will reward players with Allied Seals, Tomestones and Gil after completing the Hunting Leve objectives.
    • Hunting Leve Marks can only be attacked by the group that initiated the Leve.
    • Hunting Leve Linking will increase the rewards granted by the Leve.

This way, a lot of people can still do the hunts at their own pace, while the current system is still in place for the people who want to go out in the world and hunt the S Rank Hunts without having to do the Mark Bills.
    (4)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast