Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Yurika Huin
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80

Everybody Hates Ramuh (and why the fight needs reworking)

It's 2.3, we have a new primal, Ramuh. But aside from completing him during the storyline quest, most people don't care to bother with extreme mode. Why? Because the fight is a round peg in a square hole so to speak.

Here are the issues I came up with for Ramuh Ex:
    He drops ilvl 100 rings. Who cares? I can get i110 rings from turn 6, i100 rings from soldiery and upgrade them to 110 with an oil from syrcus tower.
    He drops ilvl 100 weapons. Who cares? I can get tomestone from ST, upgrade it to 110 with a sand via hunt or (eventually) ST drop.
    There is a deceptive DPS check. The fight states you need to be ilvl 85 to get in. However, unless your group is at least ilvl 97 (at least the DPS anyway) you will not get past the ads phase. Which brings me to my next point:
    This fight makes it extremely difficult for melee DPS. By having 2 melee you are risking twice for them to die in the water, on top of them always being targeted by charm by being the furthest away due to well..being melee on the ads that are in the water.
    This fight is very pug unfriendly. Yes this can be said about fights like titan or leviathan or moogle mog ex. However by having strict DPS checks and completely favoring ranged DPS, it would basically force people to only bring black mages, summoners and bards who are all ilvl100+ to make sure in the case 1 person makes a mistake it doesn't wipe the whole party.
    ITS VERY HARD TO SEE. Maybe this is part of the mechanic, I don't know, but I thought we took a great step forward by making ground AOEs a lot easier to see. Now with Ramuh, the blue lightning circles on the ground & around players are very difficult to see. On top of that, the purple lightning sparks between the ads are so thin and quick, its hard to tell where you should go to dodge! It's similar to ultima weapon, but it was very easy to see the lasers in Ultima HM. In Ramuh ex, I try to move around in hopes I don't end up in the midst of a 3 way ad lightning crossover.

------------
    tl;dr: Ramuh is too difficult for the rewards that it gives which pretty much nullifies the entire point of doing it. People are still farming Leviathan for weapons because even a death or 2 can be salvaged but there's no forgiveness in Ramuh. It reminds me of when Pharos Sirius came out and most people hated it/would rage quit it in roulette because it was so difficult for its level.

I won't even go into how Hunts have nullified Ramuh even further since that's another topic that's been beaten to the ground in other threads.

My suggestions are:
    ● Increase ilvl of rings & weapons

or

● Just go ahead and nerf the fight so that it's appropriately difficult for the items it drops.

At this rate, I feel like by the time I'm high ilvl enough to clear the fight, the rewards won't matter anyway and it will be just something like a "stepping stone" to unlock the next primal. FYI, my group is mostly ilvl 94~100 and it wasn't until we had asked our dragoon to switch to bard (therefore leaving only 1 melee DPS) that we finally managed to consistently get through the ads phase. Also, don't give me "you should use voice chat" as some of my group members do not have access to voice chat programs/it causes them in game lag.

---------
    If anyone has other suggestions for this fight/rewards/workarounds please respond and voice your thoughts. If you just come here to be "Ramuh is EZ with my high allagan weapon and 110gear" please leave. (´・ω・`)

P.S. If you never stepped foot into Ramuh ex don't bother commenting based on your "assumptions" or "what you've heard" about the fight thank you.
    P.P.S. For those who think Ramuh rings are "better" than High Allagan rings, why are you wearing high allagan rings and not Ramuh rings? LOL.
    (50)
    Last edited by Nukocafe; 07-22-2014 at 04:49 AM.

Player
    Character
    Zak Strayder
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 53
    hmmm?? Ramuh is easy...the feel of difficulty depends on the players and yeah, I´m talking about ramuh ex.
    and I don´t hate it, I actually love the fight. I find it very relaxing and simple, with nice background music too.
    (15)
    Last edited by LuxLux; 07-22-2014 at 02:18 AM.

Player
    Character
    Blake Ater
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 65
    I heard you can just faceroll titan-egi for a win to bypass mechanics...

There, problem solved?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Effy Stoneheart
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    I have yet to beat the fight, but do agree that rewards dont justify the difficulty. GEX, TEX, and IEX all dropped i90 rings equivalent to coil gear. I believe REX should drop items equivalent to SCoB gear.

110 rings/105 weapons would make the fight more appealing. Im going to be spamming it either way for the healing ring. As SCH that crit + det is too good to pass up.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Yurika Huin
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayto View Post
    I heard you can just faceroll titan-egi for a win to bypass mechanics...

There, problem solved?
    Did you even read the fact that they patched this last week?
    (36)

Player
    Character
    Nova Ultimatum
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    I agree that the loot could be improved when compared with something like the elite hunt rewards, but the fight itself is quite manageable once everyone is comfortable with the mechanics and is concentrating.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yurika Huin
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaUltimatum View Post
    I agree that the loot could be improved when compared with something like the elite hunt rewards, but the fight itself is quite manageable once everyone is comfortable with the mechanics and is concentrating.
    Right, with better gear, better concentration and more practice it's doable...but with all the work you have to put in not to make every tiny mistake, your rewards feel like a bird just pooped on your windshield (´・ω・`)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Stox Diamond
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    With the rewards that the hunts give for little effort other than time, Ramuh Ex is certainly a very unappealing fight. No one wants to do it. Tons of people wanted Levi Ex because of i95 weapons and mirrors (At the time, comparably BiS weapons outside of SCoB). Now, the best weapons outside of SCoB are i110 soldiery weapons. Ramuh Ex should match that. Improve REX weapons to i110.

Rings are fine at i100 since most of them have good stats like crit+det.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Nyaano Nohea
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukocafe View Post
    tl;dr: Ramuh is too difficult for the rewards that it gives which pretty much nullifies the entire point of doing it. People are still farming Leviathan for weapons because even a death or 2 can be salvaged but there's no forgiveness in Ramuh. It reminds me of when Pharos Sirius came out and most people hated it/would rage quit it in roulette because it was so difficult for its level.
    Pharos Sirius wasn't hard when it came out. It was just that people refused to stick to its mechanics and tried to faceroll it.
    I haven't tried Ramuh Ex, but I find it funny to see complaints that it's too hard when there's always complaints that the fights are too easy and faceroll.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Nyne Helios
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    I agree with you OP. I don't think the fight needs nerfed, cause I love the challenge, but I do feel the rewards need to be improved. Maybe 105 rings and 105 weapons. Also, this fight should be minimum ilvl 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekodar View Post
    Pharos Sirius wasn't hard when it came out. It was just that people refused to stick to its mechanics and tried to faceroll it.
    I haven't tried Ramuh Ex, but I find it funny to see complaints that it's too hard when there's always complaints that the fights are too easy and faceroll.
    The rewards for this dungeon were stupid too.
    (6)

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast