Player
    Character
    Jarvis Wyght
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

Regarding Key Binding on a controller

I have recently started playing FFXIV on a controller, transitioning from a Keyboard (don't judge, I was brought up playing FF on a controller and I aims to keep it that way). This being said I find it uncomfortable using the D-Pad to change targets in a fight. Personally I would find it much easier to change target using a bumper/r1 except I am unable to bind change target to either of these. When going to change the keybind I was given a small selection of options to assign. Why not allow complete keybind control to those of us using controllers? Is there a way to modify this as I change keybindings in all my games to those that feel comfortable to me.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jarvis Wyght
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    bumpity bump bump
    (0)

Player
    Character
    M'ete'leskum B'leskum
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    You can actually select targets using L1 / R1 while the crossbar is up - e.g. if you hold L2 or R2 at the same time (which is a bit akward) or if you'd change the crossbar mode to toggle / mixed mode at which point you'll simply tap L2 or R2 to bring up (if hidden) / active one of the crossbars and then you can not only use all the action buttons without holding L2 or R2 but also use L1 / R1 to scroll quickly between enemy targets. In the character configuration screen you can also specify / customize which targets should be selectable at which situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Knownot View Post
    bumpity bump bump
    And just FYI - this is against forum rules.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jarvis Wyght
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Thank you, I feel like a fool now. And sorry, but it got the result I needed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sibeusky Rum
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 44
    Definitely worth checking the gameplay manual, there are a lot of tips but many people just jump in and game... http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/win/
    (0)