Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Bobbin Threadbare
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    lol so many comments. Since I'm too lazy quoting, here's some more thoughts...

Yes, you are right. I did play XI, which if anyone remember me keep saying this over and over, started right after XIV 1.0 final save. And I enjoy it so much. But regarding safety when players gathering stuff in XI, I must say that it wasn't really felt dangerous. Sure, the gather point in XI IMO are more randomized and has some sort of fatigue system where you can only do (very) limited number of time before you have to take break from that location. But most of the time, random gather point usually pops not so close near anything that could aggro me, even in newest Adoulin content. Felt more chore, yes, but I personally never really felt threatened while gathering stuff.

Flash back to XIV 1.0 where you find mob as high as level 99. Even then, the gathering points were always (cmiiw) located nowhere near aggroers. Had to admit that my DoL weren't really high level back then. But I do tested gathering on level 50 several times out of curiousity, which only yield 1 swing attempt due to my quite-too low level. They are even nowhere near any dangers, and especially nowhere near level 60 to 99 mobs. lol

Now going back to our current situation, as to what I experience and posted on 1st page, it was actually amusing to my end. Not really big problems, especially since I'm all capped now and not really troubled financially, even if someone deliberately pointing to that teleport cost or anything else that detracts my own funding. But the concern I'm raising on this topic are more to logical safety for the basis of that supposed venture level of that area. The introduction of hunt system turned out to be breaking of that basis itself. Basically nowhere are not really safe anymore, even for toddler adventurers. The hunt system does try to break old tradition of campings like in XI or XIV 1.0, but the total randomness itself are quite out of proportions.

This whole situations does reminds me heavily to that 1.0's end of era situations, where every camps raided by Atomos which spawns hordes of high level mobs which eventually roams in cities. Even though this is just only a game and I frankly agree that ARR pose somewhat boredom threats, logically how does hunt NMs possibility to exist at any place... does make sense?

Just to summarize: there's a level 50 NM in a level 1-ish area? lol
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Colman Meridius
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 56
    It's such a shame that you deleveled and had to make the incredibly long run to get back to that spot. I hope this happens more often, hell make them able to attack stealthed targets. I want to see bots die. Now we can't have a dangerous mob in the world because it caused someone a minor inconvenience.
    (0)
    Last edited by CYoung187; 07-22-2014 at 07:58 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lineage Razor
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    And I enjoy it so much. But regarding safety when players gathering stuff in XI, I must say that it wasn't really felt dangerous. Sure, the gather point in XI IMO are more randomized and has some sort of fatigue system where you can only do (very) limited number of time before you have to take break from that location. But most of the time, random gather point usually pops not so close near anything that could aggro me, even in newest Adoulin content. Felt more chore, yes, but I personally never really felt threatened while gathering stuff.
    Gathering was almost always dangerous in FFXI, depending on your level. Even the low-level Ghelsba lumbering points had hordes of aggressive (level 3, onoes!) Orcs surrounding them. There might be a few gathering points in safe areas, but those were few, far between, and usually occupied by bots waiting for them to spawn so they didn't have to go for the more dangerous ones.

Even in cases where the points themselves were in safe areas, you generally had to stealth past legions of hungry monsters to get to them (using semi-random stealth tools and abilities that had a decent chance at wearing off at inconvenient moments), so there was still plenty of danger involved.

Stealth abilities in FFXIV are far too limited for me to suggest that something like what was done in FFXI would work here, but the occasional rampaging high-level monster? Not worth getting your knickers in a twist over.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bobbin Threadbare
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    I bet it was in the old XI days. But with how things goes in current XI system, players who are below level 99 are generally more concerned with levelling up, and only after capped then a player usually do more venturing/spelunking. And stealth? subbing DNC ftw (except true aggro stuff). lol

So yes, I am rarely threatened, especially with all these ilvl 110+ stuff I got from Adoulin. lol

This is just whole other story though, a bit oot on my end.
    (0)

Character
    Alukah Bast
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Magis View Post
    If game had teeth people would know that maybe you shouldn't walk near the lvl 50 mob?
    Really reading is that hard for you?

I'm talking about elites spawning on you, not you walking near the mob.

Go back to primary school and ask for a refund.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lalah Elakha
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I think a few FFXI players also forget that you moved fast while invisible. Had it been crawling speed less people would have enjoyed dodging an entire zone that took 30 minutes to creep through. (But some would still enjoy it of course)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Magis Luagis
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukah View Post
    Really reading is that hard for you?

I'm talking about elites spawning on you, not you walking near the mob.

Go back to primary school and ask for a refund.
    Wow, so salty. Regardless, oh noes you need to instantly teleport and then walk 30s. Boo hoo, cry me more of your salt tears.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Last Hero
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamasala View Post
    I think a few FFXI players also forget that you moved fast while invisible. Had it been crawling speed less people would have enjoyed dodging an entire zone that took 30 minutes to creep through. (But some would still enjoy it of course)
    They also forget they were on their actual job and not switching to a weak gathering class that has absolutely no decent defensive abilities, much less offensive ones. You basically have stealth which some mobs can "true" through, and you have RUN AWAY! That's about it. XI you go on the job you know well and can handle sticky situations. The two games are apples and oranges.

I don't think that gatherers should be caught in the crossfire of this broken hunt system. I'm all for some dangerous nodes, but nm pops is the wrong way to go about making things challenging for gatherers.
    (2)

9. 07-22-2014 11:27 PM

Player
    Character
    Hilde Everglade
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    You can't expect to mine anywhere w/o facing dangers. That's the "real" world for you.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    just ask SE for a cheat code.
    (0)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast