Hybrid View

Player
    Character
    Bobbin Threadbare
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90

Can we have Hunt NMs not killing non DoW/DoM please?

Yesterday when I was mining silver ores, Monarch Ogrefly suddenly popped and zerging me. Managed to get away with very critical health.

Today, same thing happened again. And this time, that same NM managed to pound me to the ground. And without ability to change class or using mounts or even teleporting away while "engaged" left me with nothing to defend myself.

Do we have to rely on Stealth for gathering now, especially since that ability slowed gathered walking speed like a snail? Would be understandable if DoLs are gathering on dangerous zones.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Ceropio Malvae
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 59
    Hmm unfortunately, i think they need to kill people otherwise, there wouldn't be a reason to hunt them.
    (21)

Player
    Character
    Adol Giantbane
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    Yesterday when I was mining silver ores, Monarch Ogrefly suddenly popped and zerging me. Managed to get away with very critical health.

Today, same thing happened again. And this time, that same NM managed to pound me to the ground. And without ability to change class or using mounts or even teleporting away while "engaged" left me with nothing to defend myself.

Do we have to rely on Stealth for gathering now, especially since that ability slowed gathered walking speed like a snail? Would be understandable if DoLs are gathering on dangerous zones.
    Can't you pop stealth when you're about to mine and then remove it when you're done? I mean it's a little annoying but then you're safe while not having to deal with the slow walk speed.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Bobbin Threadbare
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    can't if you're already engaged. I would pop stealth if I saw it before it aggro me though. Besides, with DoL having 1.5k hp, they would hit real hard and died within seconds.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Adol Giantbane
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    can't if you're already engaged. I would pop stealth if I saw it before it aggro me though. Besides, with DoL having 1.5k hp, they would hit real hard and died within seconds.
    If you're not actually mining, you should be able to sprint away to safety if they spawn on you. There's some load time where you should get a few seconds notification that you're being attacked before they actually hit you.

If you're mining, my suggestion was to hit stealth right before you start mining if you find this to be a consistent issue for you.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Altimis Farron
    World
    Aegis
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

Hey yo man, interest to join NM hunt pt? you seems to have "NM magnet" we want one like you !!! lol lol
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Lalah Elakha
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Solution: Zoom out more apparently.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Dwindle Blight
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    The fact NMs spawn near DoL spots is just bad design.

They need to just get rid of those spawn coords.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by meJojo View Post
    The fact NMs spawn near DoL spots is just bad design.

They need to just get rid of those spawn coords.
    Or put more aggro enemies there so miners activate the stealth skill more often.
    There is a reason why DoL classes have this skill.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Ruethryl Corana
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis View Post
    Or put more aggro enemies there so miners activate the stealth skill more often.
    There is a reason why DoL classes have this skill.
    Except the zone that this spawns in is 20 - 30ish other than the area around AK? Only zones that "require" Stealth for a 50 DoL are any of the 40+ ones.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast