Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Character
    Archs Crysta
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukah View Post
    Yeah, starting a new game, a lvl 50 mob randomly spawning on you and 1 hitting you in a staring zone, so much fun
    OH MY, THE DRAMA!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Alise Reinhart
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Yeah, starting a new game, a lvl 50 mob randomly spawning on you and 1 hitting you in a staring zone, so much fun
    Actually, that would be a good impression that later days he could tell the story to his friends.
    Something along the line like those Hero in Anime series, they always see big boss in the first episode, and totally lose first.
    (2)

FFXIV : ARR all instance boss gameplay video can be found here..
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Arikameow/videos?shelf_index=0&sort=dd&view=0

Character
    Alukah Bast
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Taruranto View Post
    OH MY, THE DRAMA!
    What drama?

Quote Originally Posted by Alise View Post
    Actually, that would be a good impression that later days he could tell the story to his friends.
    Something along the line like those Hero in Anime series, they always see big boss in the first episode, and totally lose first.
    If the person is 12 years old maybe he would get that impressed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Brine Gildchaff
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alise View Post
    ZOMG Professor Oak I totally saw Ho-oh flying overhead!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alise Reinhart
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    What drama?

If the person is 12 years old maybe he would get that impressed.
    May be that is just you. Even FF14 starter story of Limsa show you a leviathan (1.0 ver), story of Gridania have you run away from big Trent (that you can't fight) etc. It is always good to start with something big. Not just boring, boring, safety, boring, boring, safety. Why do you play a game that fight monsters, instead of a game that planting corp?

The world of Eorzea in general are nowhere enough risk on field yet. No matter he has newbies flag or not, it doesn't justify of going near a monster that has 50 leveled above you.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alise; 07-22-2014 at 02:11 AM.

FFXIV : ARR all instance boss gameplay video can be found here..
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Arikameow/videos?shelf_index=0&sort=dd&view=0

Player
    Character
    Elim Lovecraft
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    How does it even get the chance to hit you once?! lol Clearly the zergs on your server need to step it up, yo.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Monkey Nutz
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    While saying 'that's what stealth is for' is really only an answer for gatherers at or above level 38 (for Stealth III), I don't really have much issue with this. Of course, since we now know that there are a finite number of spawn points for any of these it does seem an odd choice to put some inside the fairly limited area where there are gathering points, but it's currently not as though elite marks sit around for long periods of time preventing gatherers from leveling in those areas. If it ever gets to that point (rewards become irrelevant or caps prevent people form killing marks late in the week, or whatever may happen) then it might need to be addressed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Magis Luagis
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    If game had teeth people would know that maybe you shouldn't walk near the lvl 50 mob?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lalah Elakha
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Isn't the real issue that it attacks people who can't fight back? How many of you "I like teeth" people would like new monsters that cast "disable entire hotbar: 5 min duration" on you as they spawn and the only thing you can do is run for your life even though you happen to have ilvl100 gear?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lineage Razor
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamasala View Post
    Isn't the real issue that it attacks people who can't fight back? How many of you "I like teeth" people would like new monsters that cast "disable entire hotbar: 5 min duration" on you as they spawn and the only thing you can do is run for your life even though you happen to have ilvl100 gear?
    That'd be kind of awesome! Anything to add a little excitement while traversing the overworld, anything that makes me have to pay attention every now and then. It's still pretty carebear, since monsters can so easily be outrun in this game, but still a step forward.

So, yes, as a proponent of teeth, I can definitely say that a monster that spawned, disabled all of my abilities and forced me to run away would be a huge improvement over the harmless world we have now. Five minutes might be a bit absurd since it rarely takes more than thirty seconds to escape anything... Maybe an ability that resets all of your skills as though you've just changed jobs? That might be about the right duration.
    (1)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast