Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Wolf Gang
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60

A party member has withdrawn from the duty. Press Commence 50 f----- more times.

Apparently Frontlines is the only instance that gets special treatment despite this being a problem for all of them since 2.0.

If I already hit Commence for a duty, WHY do I have to hit again if someone else withdraws? Leave me commenced.
    (18)
    Last edited by Wolf_Gang; 07-20-2014 at 12:36 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ulath Skullsplitter
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 60
    Yep this has always driven me crazy. So as a dps you wait around for 30 mins to get DF to pop. You watch the spots in the party slowly fill and finally that last memeber joins and hit commence only to have 1 person withdraw. Now instead of keeping the 7 (or 3) people together who were ready and adding 1 more person, we all get put back into queue and lose the party we almost had. This makes no sense.

I've had times where i waited a long time only to have someone withdraw a few times then end up back in queue with 0/2 tanks, 0/2 healers, 1/4 dps and have to wait another long time before it fills again. It shouldn't work that way.
    (8)

Character
    Alukah Bast
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    What? Are you telling me that THIS isn't the most fun you have ever had in a game?

12 minutes in heaven.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    T'rahnu Ihka
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    This is absolutely the worst for Syrcus Tower thanks to all the nincompoops who keep trying to get in on a run in progress instead of just running from the start normally. I would appreciate a fix to this problem at its source (i.e. by smacking down those players who keep abusing the system), but letting commenced players stay commenced is really an easy quality of life fix that should be done regardless.

So in short, yes, please!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Nyaano Nohea
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    "Easy" fix that may not be so "easy" to implement. A nice fix to be sure, but calling it easy is a little much.
    They said during the live letter however they'd look into it.

Considering that the in-progress fishers would then hit the instance that people got into due to withdrawal from queue, I think they're going to be less likely to do the fishing if it's implemented properly (properly meaning if you leave after getting into in-progress, you get a penalty), thereby fixing more than just queuing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nekodar; 07-23-2014 at 02:34 PM.

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    once you withdraw should add 5 mins till you can re-queue.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Synestr Ashbringer
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    LOL I remember that ins CT when tanks were looking for that 2/4, or was it 2/3 for that KB fight. It has definitely started up again, but it doesn't seem too fruitful this time around, only time I can see it happening is when someone DC's, is booted or something. I always have PiP checked and have gotten into ST thrice with it. But I never intentionally hunt for it.

Syn
    (1)

Character
    Randolont Althoreaux
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Actually it doesn't break up the party you get dropped into unless you get dropped into a 7/8 premade or some such and someone in that party is the one that fails to queue. All it does is negate the instance reservation. That's why you get spammed with Commence windows. As soon as someone in your actual party fails to Commence however it drops your party out of the complete alliance in ST and you have to requeue. THey were able to change it for Frontlines because there is no default party makeup for Frontlines and you can change job within Frontlines so there's no problem going in down people. In something like ST and even moreso for 8 and 4 man content this becomes a problem as you would wind up queueing into the instance with no tanks or no healers.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nyaano Nohea
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Actually... If they do add this feature to CT/ST...
    There is a risk that people will abuse the feature by queuing up, withdraw, you enter the instance, they proceed to queue up and repeat to create as many instances as possible with not enough players.

So, while it would be nice and would fix some problems, if they don't also add a delay before you can queue up again after a withdrawal, it will lead to new levels of trolling.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Emerald Serenade
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Add a timed lockout if a player withdraws 3 times.

It doesn't even sound hard to do T.T
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast