Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alukah Bast
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    No, it's called getting carried by 23 other players for your own benefit.

ilvl isn't just a number, it represents the average stats you should have at that ilvl, when someone uses field/trade gear or drops below the ilvl you are dropping under the stats required for the content, try doing a full ST run where all 24 players drop below the ilvl/stats and tell me how it ends.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Your Character
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Billzey View Post
    ST gives 24% SB for an entire run with 1 meld. You'd have to be an idiot to 'want' to SB in ST.
    1. it's called "killing 2 birds with 1 stone"
    2. people looking for specific drops could easily need 4+ runs

Who's the idiot now? Honest question, not like I'm saying you are or anything.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Enk'i Faer
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukah View Post
    No, it's called getting carried by 23 other players for your own benefit.

ilvl isn't just a number, it represents the average stats you should have at that ilvl, when someone uses field/trade gear or drops below the ilvl you are dropping under the stats required for the content, try doing a full ST run where all 24 players drop below the ilvl/stats and tell me how it ends.
    Actually it is just a number thanks to the way SE designed the damage formula's around WD. The fact of the matter is that beyond extreme examples like OP's most SB'ers use their right-side which really isn't as important as a lot of you are making it out to be and doesn't require them to be carried at all. Just to show you using my main job SCH;

AVG HP per Physick
    ilvl 70 l/r-side ~ 814 HP
    ilvl 100 l/r-side ~ 1123 HP
    ilvl 100 no r-side ~ 952 HP

My i100 leftside (listed as ilvl61) heals on average 138 HP more than somebody who's decked in full i70 and just meets the req. So in your example if all 24 players wore gear to SB they most certainly could complete it with ease as long as their left-side can support it. Their's no content in ST that's so unforgiving that an extra 178 HP on my cure or 700HP on a tank or whatever damage decrease will be the difference between a clear or a wipe. If it does than chances are somebodies doing something they shouldn't.
    (1)
    Last edited by Manuka; 07-21-2014 at 04:52 AM.

Player
    Character
    Hardrock Curashield
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by raelgun View Post
    read my post on top, SE has said we can kick these people with no ramifications as its part of battle strat.
    actually your only allowed to kick someone if they are intentionally causing problems within the group. if they can que with the gear they are wearing it is perfectly legit. you cannot just kick anyone because you don't like how they are fully geared. Now in this ops case he said he joined in completely different gear then switched. yes that is a reportable offence as it follows the harassment, griefing ect rules set by SE and they said so, But they also said you have to use your own judgment when reporting because they do allow you to SB gear in raids and dungeons even crafting/gathering and it is perfectly legit so long as they meet the requirements for that dungeon. now if you have someone who meets the req, but its based only on i90 i100 gear that is completely wrong for their job then yes again you can report them. if as a bard I come in with my whole left side i80 or 90 or 100 and w/e im running im above the avg level then w/e is on my right side for SBing isn't reportable.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thendra Cyril-gun
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Valthein View Post
    snip
    actually, they allow us to discuss with said player, from there we can take action, if the response from the player isnt adequate and the group does feel they are a issue, we can decide from there, players have the right to exercise what they dont like, if all agree, then its deemed justified. Again, stop taking player choice away from this matter, every one has the right to bring up concerns, too many people here trying to take away that right and choice.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tiraelina Kyara
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    actually, they allow us to discuss with said player, from there we can take action, if the response from the player isnt adequate and the group does feel they are a issue, we can decide from there, players have the right to exercise what they dont like, if all agree, then its deemed justified. Again, stop taking player choice away from this matter, every one has the right to bring up concerns, too many people here trying to take away that right and choice.
    They've also repeatedly said use PF if you can't handle the random factor of DF. Then you can set whatever silly rules you want to.

Yet everyone forgets that one because there wouldn't be anything to complain about then.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ein Vaer
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiraelina View Post
    They've also repeatedly said use PF if you can't handle the random factor of DF. Then you can set whatever silly rules you want to.

Yet everyone forgets that one because there wouldn't be anything to complain about then.
    Different situations. Even if you PF ST, there are two other parties you can't control.

Until they add the open world alliance system, anyways, which should be coming soon.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thendra Cyril-gun
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiraelina View Post

and true can be said with people that wish to soulbind as well dont you think
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nyaano Nohea
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    and true can be said with people that wish to soulbind as well dont you think
    There's even one instance which pretty much currently only exist to be a place where you can get spiritbinding done: Turn 3 of Binding Coil of Bahamut.
    But of course, if they go there they can't be carried through and actually have to do a little work.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elim Lovecraft
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I SB jewellery in ST sometimes. More often than not I still have a higher ilevel and more health than my partner healer anyway.

Once I had a SCH partner who ONLY used physic the entire raid. Didn't summon his pet, didn't use lustrate, didn't use aether flow, didn't use succour, didn't use cleric stance to attack or anything but physic. Needless to say, it's not uncommon for me to end up carrying my partner healer through ST. I don't ever complain about it, mind you. So I hope no one ever complains about my jewellery.
    (0)

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast