Player
    Character
    Alyx Quintessence
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90

Allied Seals and what could make the system better

(Note: I do not know a good place to post this so forgive me if hunts are not classified as quests)

Alright so I did a couple hunts and net myself ten seals on day two. I decided to check the prices of what I can get and lord do I feel like it's a waste of time more than ever.
    What do i mean? well let's start with the basic idea of the seals:

There are a few marks every day and a big target a week. Every day if you do your marks you will get a grand total of...wait for it...7 seals! While the bigger mark (which might i add I gave up on after the eight day due to it dying too fast for me to find it...) give out 20 a week. If we do the math here that's a grand total of 69 seals a week.

--Part one--
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alyx Quintessence
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Now let's say I want this neat looking PLD weapon from the Immortal Flames. It costs 1,740 seals. So taking the knowledge that you get 69 seals a week...You need to grind out this stuff for 26 weeks!

A friend of mine informed me that you could also get seals from other marks that you do not have...but even so it's still only 1-2 seals depending on what it is! That's still pretty low for items that cost a lot!

Regardless of the Ilevel, let's say I want to get the full PLD set. Helm, chest, legs and so on.
    you will need a grand total of 3,800 allied seals to get a full set. Yeah. As much as I like to grind things, this is just not worth it at all.

--Part two--
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alyx Quintessence
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Now you might be saying things to insult me now or how casual i am (In fact I mainly RP on this game so....yeah I do not "endgame" a lot) but the fact stands that in order to even work towards this gear you need to spend a minimum of ten weeks to grind for one piece of gear just for looks. Oh wait, what if you can't even get the elite mark every week? That's a 20 seal loss there!
    What could make this better is if SE bumps the amount of seals you get from the targets a bit more. I am not asking something stupidly high but...

Instead of 1 make it 5 and instead of 2 make it 10. That way every day you get 35 seals from the normal marks alone and leave the 20 seal kill as a bonus for the week. Sure it may not seem like "Much" at first but when you do the math...

7x7=49
    as oppose to
    35 x 7=245
    --Part three--
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alyx Quintessence
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    getting 245 a week will give me a better and more real reason to grind these out. The gil you get is fine from them but the seals just kills it for me. And if you start to ask about the items like the Miniature or mimic pet, they could just increase the price needed to buy them.

As the idea stands I love this a lot. FF12 memories a bit with the hunts...but this is just torture on those who just want to grind but feel like they are not making anything. Not everyone will agree with me (if you don't I would be shocked) but at least understand from the grinder point of view that UNLESS the gear is above 110 Ilevel and blue quality...the 7 seal grind a day along with 20 and possible bonuses is NOT worth it at all. I rather have those items for looks than actual use.

Leave your ideas as well. Do you think they should offer more seals/reduce the price of some of the gear? Would you like to see the elite mark with more HP or require a group to take down?
    --part four end--
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jera Teiwaz
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    Before going on a spree about how expensive it is, how hard to get seals, etc. take a look at the other end of the spectrum. I've seen a post on here about someone that already bought 14+ Sands a few days ago, and another thread showing off what the GC gear already looks like on their character after they bought it.

Granted, you may be playing the way the developers intended, but what do you have to say about the people that already took advantage of the no-cap system to get those items? They have to regulate a speed at which players are acquiring the items, and even the players are getting them sooner than expected. So? Cheapen everything? Give more seals?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alyssa Fhey
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ruinedmirage View Post
    Before going on a spree about how expensive it is, how hard to get seals, etc. take a look at the other end of the spectrum. I've seen a post on here about someone that already bought 14+ Sands a few days ago, and another thread showing off what the GC gear already looks like on their character after they bought it.

Granted, you may be playing the way the developers intended, but what do you have to say about the people that already took advantage of the no-cap system to get those items? They have to regulate a speed at which players are acquiring the items, and even the players are getting them sooner than expected. So? Cheapen everything? Give more seals?
    Here's my issue. Hunts are NOT endgame content. Therefore why is there such an extreme between the casual and hardcore player here? I mean as it stands, I don't think casuals will even want to take part given the lack of rewards here. Hell, I don't blame them the hunt community is venom to this game.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Julie Noted
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    My issue is you have to be in a group to get any kind of real reward. I stumbled upon a hunt yesterday with my i93 bard and was there dpsing my little heart out start to finish but not in a group. I got 3 tomes of mythology, 1soldiery and 1 seal. Not going to get anything with that reward.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Omega Prime
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    In an ideal situation, i.e. you get every A rank kill credit, you can average about 350 seals every 4 hours not including luck with book drops.

The ideal situation is: you are in PT, you have one or more PT communicating with you so you can get around effectively, and lastly people have a little patience at spawns and wait for people to arrive.
    (0)