Kosmos Meishou
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice_89th View Post
    looks like we just got a calender on the lodestone

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...al/update_log/

(I know I know, it is not a free company calender per se, but if you set the privacy setting to my world > people I know > FC.... it basically functions as one?)
    No, anything like this actually needs to be in-game. The free Company communication options are borderline garbage in-game. A clunky external work around will not help the situation IMHO. Holy crap, even a simple "All FC members" option on Moogle mail would help, as would an in-game bulletin board in the FC house. But I do think it's about time that the character limit was raised considerably, holy crap, it's not like Moogles are limited by SMS limitations is it?

Moogle mail length should be 2K characters at least.
    Moogle mail should allow mailing of FC membership by officers/Company masters.
    Options to allow officers to mail the company should be added to the FC rank/hierarchy options.
    FC discussion board should be added in-game as a bulletin board in the FC house, with a calendar option, or at least a notice board where information can be posted.

Honestly when an old PS3 online JRPG like White Knight Chronicles offers far better communication options within a guild/FC than a 'modern' MMORPG, there is something wrong.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Valia Rosa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 71
    Yep, close but not quite... My FC already moved to an offsite webhost in order to have a calendar. We need something IN game. :/
    (1)

Character
    Kosmos Meishou
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadana View Post
    Yep, close but not quite... My FC already moved to an offsite webhost in order to have a calendar. We need something IN game. :/
    We have out own forum that I pay to keep up, but the honest problem is that *most* players want something in -game, not something in an external website. most of our members won't use a regular forum, no matter how much incentive or encouragement we give. In game FC communications *must* improve - especially with the increase in FC centric activity such as crafting and Airships
    (2)

Character
    Indaki Sativa
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosmos992k View Post
    snip

+1 My only fear is that we will get some kind of in-game bulletin board or calendar system and it will be gated behind a 6* craft (by the time we get it) and only the richest of the rich will be able to afford it.

Unrelated: I had so much fun with WKC...
    (1)

Character
    Kosmos Meishou
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCommon View Post
    +1 My only fear is that we will get some kind of in-game bulletin board or calendar system and it will be gated behind a 6* craft (by the time we get it) and only the richest of the rich will be able to afford it.

Unrelated: I had so much fun with WKC...
    Indeed... :/

As for WKC, all I can say is RIP White Knight Chronicles, you were well loved and are sorely missed.

I had well over 2000 hours in that game, my guild (Nekomimis FTW!) was top 10 for more than 6 months, and when the cocktail party was shut down very prematurely by SCEA/D3/Level 5 we moved to FFXIV.
    (0)

Character
    Indaki Sativa
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosmos992k View Post
    Indeed... :/

As for WKC, all I can say is RIP White Knight Chronicles, you were well loved and are sorely missed.

I had well over 2000 hours in that game, my guild (Nekomimis FTW!) was top 10 for more than 6 months, and when the cocktail party was shut down very prematurely by SCEA/D3/Level 5 we moved to FFXIV.
    Yeah, I had over 1500+hrs in that as well. Met some really cool people that I am still friends with to this day. One of them still haunts me when we're online together in FFXIV because of this:

He literally hated me for a week hahahaha.
    (2)

Character
    Kosmos Meishou
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCommon View Post
    Yeah, I had over 1500+hrs in that as well. Met some really cool people that I am still friends with to this day. One of them still haunts me when we're online together in FFXIV because of this:

He literally hated me for a week hahahaha.
    LOL Nice haul - I remember posting images of the ridiculous geostone rewards we'd get when saving for vessels of truth too...

Many of my WKC friends are still in FFXIV, there is a small community of us on Behemoth, I suspect there are pockets of us on many servers. The thing is, FFXIV has so much potential, and as a sub based game, it has many advantages over WKC, but things like the FC communication options (or lack there of) squander the potential.
    (1)

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12