Player
    Character
    Kumashe Makyz
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70

Gardening within private quarters

I was actually hoping to start seeing indoor gardening options since the new addition of private quarters, perhaps say like a new type of window that can grow one or two plants from the window sill. I love my FC to death but 8 spots on the garden can leave many of the lower rank members unsatisfied and hoping for more. If there was indoor gardening available, that would really help make the FC private quarters feel more like home.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Lodovico Rivers
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazearus View Post
    Since the FC room is an instanced area, why not just suspend the room in limbo when kicking the person out of the FC?

When the person joins a new FC, maybe allow the person talk to the FC housing door to register the room to regain access to it.
    I think it has more to do with immersion. The room is tied to the house you're purchasing it from and being kicked from the house (FC) would mean you no longer have access to that room.
    (0)

Character
    Randolont Althoreaux
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
    Unless the leader was a complete A-hole to begin with I highly doubt this will happen.
    This is a needed feature, wasn't very smart to add personal rooms & take the control out of the FC Leaders hands.

Besides 300k really isn't hard to make, can do it with Duty Roulette and maps alone.
    The 300k isn't a massive deal but people don't just have empty rooms. It's the furniture and such. If I invest over a mil decorating my personal room I don't want one of the FC leaders to take a hissy because he's having a bad day and kick me for no reason. We're going to go from one extreme to the other.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeMan View Post
    I think it has more to do with immersion. The room is tied to the house you're purchasing it from and being kicked from the house (FC) would mean you no longer have access to that room.
    I would like to see that immersion mixed in

A. Losing your room like that would be pretty lame. Specially since you can spend -significant- money on this stuff.
    B. Since houses were announced I wanted to have the door from Howl's Moving Castle.
    C. It would be reminiscent of the mog house flower quest in FFXI, and FFXI players love nostalgia.

For those who haven't seen it, or the many like it, the basic idea was the door connected to a number of other fixed doors- which they could go through as a sort of portal.

Could make the personal room a pocket of aether quest earned from a city; therefore, allowing players to always have their room regardless of FC. Would also make a unique growth system easy to allow- adding a quest that expands the aetherial space of your room/house is easier to do than making a new zone or loading another cloned zone.

The pocket idea is an easy scapegoat for many things, like expanding room size, adding an outside, allowing you to change the outside environment entirely, letting you connect the entrance to many arability locations. Physical locations are great except over time if you add newer better locations the older ones will likely die out unless you create significant barriers to entry. Meanwhile a completely mutable location can always function towards the new without killing the old (instead of buying the "Gridania house location" you would buy the "environmental theme" and could use some variation of either previous or new).

Social interaction between non-related FC would be significantly more difficult this way though....

Plus making housing more accessible would mean more housing items sold. I'm not a huge fan of the personal room at the moment as the system seems sticky (due to a seemingly lack of possible connective/continuous growth and awkward power responsibilities).
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Asny Rak'nys
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazearus View Post
    Since the FC room is an instanced area, why not just suspend the room in limbo when kicking the person out of the FC?

When the person joins a new FC, maybe allow the person talk to the FC housing door to register the room to regain access to it.
    I'd like to see this for 2 reasons: 1) to allow people to not have to keep setting up their room 2) so that a FC that sells off it's hous to purchase a larger one doesn't need all members to clear it all up before hand(since atm I assume a FC can't remove the house with rooms still in there).
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Yolteotl Divinicus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Namasu View Post
    Quick question: Whatever happened to the FC alliance system that was supposed to be out in 2.2 according to one of the community rep's post? Can we get some insight on this? It's so odd to hear that a unique game mechanic is MIA for over 3 months.
    It's been more than 3 months they mentioned this before ARR ever came out, then was not heard of again until 3 months ago and silent again.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Temujin Borjigin
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Greetings,
    Separate from this, we will also be looking into making it so the FC master can remove the chocobo from the stables without removing the player from the FC.

this should be a top priority since for some reason you let it be allowed to feed a chocobo who cannot get any more xp, too many wasted krakka roots....
    (2)

Player
    Character
    M'ete'leskum B'leskum
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrinn View Post
    "Can be?" Not "will be?" As in, this yield-increasing fertiliser is currently in the game? Fertiliser, as in something similar to Fishmeal but for yield?
    Heh - that was exactly the same first though I've got when reading the post ...

And - I totally agree about FC chest size - it needs at least two more tabs - one for gardening and other one for food and other new stuff released. It was already (although vaguely) "promissed" so just let's hope we wouldn't need to level our FC to lvl 20 or something silly like that ... Also - can we have option to move items between FC chest tabs plus option to move / store / retrieve multiply items at the same time. It's SO tedious atm to do any re-organization of the FC chests ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    The 300k isn't a massive deal but people don't just have empty rooms. It's the furniture and such. If I invest over a mil decorating my personal room I don't want one of the FC leaders to take a hissy because he's having a bad day and kick me for no reason. We're going to go from one extreme to the other.
    It was already mentioned by devs in another housing thread that if you'll be dissmissed from FC while having personal room while you'll indeed loose the room itself as well as any non-retriavable items but all other items will be stored at special NPC for you to retrieve from later on.
    (0)
    Last edited by HEC; 07-25-2014 at 04:19 PM.

Player
    Character
    Nico Nico
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 70
    Sorry for off topic, but I really want to ask a question here regarding chocobo stable,
    if there are 3 or more chocobos stabled, which 2 will be displayed ?
    Thank you.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lorelei Diangelo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicobo View Post
    Sorry for off topic, but I really want to ask a question here regarding chocobo stable,
    if there are 3 or more chocobos stabled, which 2 will be displayed ?
    Thank you.
    The two that are displayed are the two most recent chocobos to have been stabled.
    (3)

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast