Player
    Character
    Jadus Salaheem
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcshiggs View Post
    If you are on the threat table, provoke works, at least on all that I have come across, the way I have found to counter this is just go as warrior, keep defiance on, and overpower like mad, if someone does get threat and start to pull it away, Holmgang then provoke and back to overpower. If the group is waiting on someone, but they see that it isn't going to be reset, they will unload on it so they can get their reward, because in the end, they don't care anymore about that person they were waiting on than you do.
    Perhaps that's all it is.

I've never had Voke stick. I don't care for the attitude a lot of people are taking towards this content. B ranks are solo or light party x(
    (0)

Character
    Tiggy Te'al
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 53
    One of the many problems with hunts. Mob stealing.

Their entire vision of fates was to avoid these types of problems because of how bad they were in XI. Then they go and implement hunts in such a way that it brought all the same problems back. It's like they didn't learn anything at all.
    (21)

Player
    Character
    Eros Maxima
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggy View Post
    One of the many problems with hunts. Mob stealing.

Their entire vision of fates was to avoid these types of problems because of how bad they were in XI. Then they go and implement hunts in such a way that it brought all the same problems back. It's like they didn't learn anything at all.
    Different team, so I doubt they'd know. If they at least did play FFXI, which I doubt is the case for most of them, I don't think they were around when it was both a problem and when it was generally resolved.
    (1)

Character
    Tiggy Te'al
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 53
    Quote Originally Posted by Welsper59 View Post
    Different team, so I doubt they'd know. If they at least did play FFXI, which I doubt is the case for most of them, I don't think they were around when it was both a problem and when it was generally resolved.
    Different team or not doesn't matter. If the company doesn't look at it's own past games and analyze them for their strengths and weaknesses then they are failing to grow as a company. It's not a very good excuse.

Besides, they did learn. They, in interviews, cited some of the FFXI issues as reasons for doing Fates as opposed to NMs. It's more like at some point someone said "well, was it really that bad?" and for some reason they listened.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Mister Happy
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGandhi View Post
    Proceed to get aggro from the horde, calling us scum for pulling before the horde could get its prize. They say Mr Happy needs to be here for it. Are you kidding me?
    Anyone throwing my name around is just doing so for no reason, especially if they aren't on Sargatanas lol I barely touch A/B ranks because of all the hostility they cause, and even the S ranks I just show up when I can. I miss most of them doing dungeons and whatnot.

Realistically, a small group that gets there first has every right to pull it and kill it themselves. If you constantly try to wait for people to show up you'll be there an hour, and you'll always piss someone off.

And people wonder why I don't defend FFXI despite playing it for 7 years lol
    (38)

Player
    Character
    Eros Maxima
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggy View Post
    Different team or not doesn't matter. If the company doesn't look at it's own past games and analyze them for their strengths and weaknesses then they are failing to grow as a company. It's not a very good excuse.

Besides, they did learn. They, in interviews, cited some of the FFXI issues as reasons for doing Fates as opposed to NMs. It's more like at some point someone said "well, was it really that bad?" and for some reason they listened.
    The general understanding isn't difficult for anyone to be made aware of and learn from. It's not like they weren't aware of what a Notorious Monster was from FFXI... heck, people that never even heard of the game until now probably have an understanding of what those are. It's the small additions that people wouldn't know about. The early change done to griefing players while in combat would probably be something that, unless you were a player or dev at the time, you wouldn't be made aware of. I'm willing to bet a lot of people either didn't know or forgot (or wouldn't recall immediately without it being said first) about the healing change that went into effect to prevent griefing.

Little additions/details of former projects, especially by different teams, generally aren't important to note when you're in on the job working on something different. Besides that though, it really isn't too common to find it happen in this game, which is probably why they never really bothered to look into it. Similar anti-grief methods would just be problematic here. Can't be healed by people not in your group, target can't be attacked so others can't get credit or help you, etc. None of that has really been too much of a problem for this game. As I said, even now, griefing through these methods isn't very common.
    (0)
    Last edited by Welsper59; 07-14-2014 at 08:20 AM.

Player
    Character
    Gulvak Garamonde
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrhappy1227 View Post
    Anyone throwing my name around is just doing so for no reason, especially if they aren't on Sargatanas lol
    It sounds like a hilarious new meme to me, "Can you guys stop DPSing that FATE Mister Happy needs it for his Animus".
    (16)

Character
    Leona Lockhart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    I got to Coerthas last night to look for Naul. Just as I zoned in, I saw a shout saying "Dead" on the chat log. A guy started a hunting party and I joined. We sat there for 30 minutes waiting for more people to join us, many of them were sitting at Dragonhead, others just standing still next to us. After the 30 minutes, we split and started searching for it. One of our members found it, unclaimed and we started to go to him. Once we were close, he sent a shout telling people where Naul was and that he would be pulled in a minute. Once I get there, the mob has already been pulled and a tank from another group or solo grabs aggro and resets him. We claim him once again and kill it. After that, we started to get insulted for getting the full credit for it. We weren't going to wait for the horde to get there and do their business as usual and we were the ones that found him and it was our right to be the only ones to get credit for it, but we still told others about it.

If you find a mark, don't say anything.
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Eros Maxima
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Riviere View Post
    I got to Coerthas last night to look for Naul. Just as I zoned in, I saw a shout saying "Dead" on the chat log. A guy started a hunting party and I joined. We sat there for 30 minutes waiting for more people to join us, many of them were sitting at Dragonhead, others just standing still next to us. After the 30 minutes, we split and started searching for it. One of our members found it, unclaimed and we started to go to him. Once we were close, he sent a shout telling people where Naul was and that he would be pulled in a minute. Once I get there, the mob has already been pulled and a tank from another group or solo grabs aggro and resets him. We claim him once again and kill it. After that, we started to get insulted for getting the full credit for it. We weren't going to wait for the horde to get there and do their business as usual and we were the ones that found him and it was our right to be the only ones to get credit for it, but we still told others about it.

If you find a mark, don't say anything.
    It's honestly getting to the point that the only people crying lately are folks that belong to said horde. Might as well start believing that they're out to ruin your experience (which they technically are).
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Gigi Silk
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    I was out waiting for a FATE for my book for my animus quest and I see a "B" grade mob spawn - here, thinking I'm doing the right thing, I shout to the area to let them know it was up. Myself and another scholar couldn't care less - we were happy whacking away out our mobs for our book and suddenly I see a zerg come a mile long....the thing dies within 2 seconds....

I suddenly see shouts from other members saying the mark was dead and then follow-up shouts from other people swearing their heads off at those who couldn't wait or why no one bothered to put a timer indicator(?)

I'm apologising and advising in advance - if I see one up, I'm going to advise my FC and friends first before I do another open shout - the backlash from people regardless if you're "trying" to help out or not is too overwhelming and stupid.

I'm boycotting this event to an extent until they do a "fix" or nerf it like they did FATEs.
    (16)
    Current State of End-Game Contents

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast