Character
    Lienn Deleene
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sav View Post
    *cough* Or!...put one in an in-game library in Ishgard *cough*
    Even better! ^^ I would love this kind of lore content, just like we have those elemental/deities basics at CON and THM guilds. Would be awesome we having a real library there where we could find the lore behind everything ingame from races, nations, clans, deities, religions, sects, elements, battle styles, attribute effects, notorious NPCs, monster bestiary, etc...from lore to gameplay, from pure curiosity stuff to extremely useful content.

I would love seeing this indeed!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Rhomagus Asclepiot
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Munba View Post
    It's really a pity to not know all these details in some forms. I would love if devs would put this kind of lore in game in the future. Some could be added in particular quests and some could be put in some books and writings you have to find around Eorzea (like in some libraries in the cities/villages or in some lost ancient ruins). And you could collect some of them (rewards or drops) and put it in your personal library -housing stuff- eheh. I think it would be neat to have.
    (i'm an hardcore Lore lover if you didn't notice lol)
    I'm right there with you. At first I was absolutely astonished that we got a community team response on a lore subject. I'm excited to see the new information, but, I'd also like access to that information via the game itself. There seems to be little if any lore differences between the races in game besides the descriptions they have.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rhomagus Asclepiot
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes
    The Hellsguard, on the other hand, in an attempt to better adapt to Eorzea, sometimes choose to 'translate' their names from the old language, which is why you will, every now and then, see an NPC named Grizzly Gnat or Immodest Mouse.
    Isn't Immodest Mouse, my favorite Roegadyn NPC, a Sea Wolf?

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes
    the two clans aren't set in stone, and you will find some Hellsguard have chosen to use the Old Language in their names, and some Sea Wolves have given themselves "translated" names.
    Nevermind.

P.S. Unfortunately I think this information may upset one of my male friends who put "wyn" in their last name. Any way we could change our names if we also get to change our genders, as has been hinted at?
    (0)
    Last edited by Rhomagus; 07-28-2011 at 05:36 AM.

I hear you guys loud and clear on the lore issue. All the members of the Localization team, myself included, are big lore fans as well, and are constantly looking for ways to sneak juicy tidbits into quests, leves, item descriptions--pretty much anywhere we can. Even so, Eorzea still remains chock-full of awesome back-story that has yet to make its way into in-game or Lodestone text. Ideas such as in-game compendiums, bestiaries, libraries, etc. are great, and I'll be passing those along to Yoshi-P and the rest of the dev team personally. With the current development schedule, I don't know soon features like this might be implemented, if implemented at all, but every step in the right direction counts, and the louder your voice, the more likely it is to be heard. (forgive the run-on )
    (22)

Player
    Character
    Holland Stark
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 24
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes View Post
    I hear you guys loud and clear on the lore issue. All the members of the Localization team, myself included, are big lore fans as well, and are constantly looking for ways to sneak juicy tidbits into quests, leves, item descriptions--pretty much anywhere we can. Even so, Eorzea still remains chock-full of awesome back-story that has yet to make its way into in-game or Lodestone text. Ideas such as in-game compendiums, bestiaries, libraries, etc. are great, and I'll be passing those along to Yoshi-P and the rest of the dev team personally. With the current development schedule, I don't know soon features like this might be implemented, if implemented at all, but every step in the right direction counts, and the louder your voice, the more likely it is to be heard. (forgive the run-on )
    Than hear my voice! whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Anyway, this tidbit of lore was extremely interesting! Fernehalwes, as others before me have said, whenever the development schedule permits, please add as much of Eorzea's lore into the game as possible in the same ways you mentioned, through quests, regular npc talk, tomes. I always pay a lot of attention to what the npc's are saying either in quests or regular conversations and in most cases is really funny and/or very interesting. Keep including all these stuff in!

Thanks for all your hard work Yoshida-san and Dev Team.

It goes without saying that in a lot of FF's a library of sorts is always included with information about how the world came to be, crystals, mythical weapons, mythical fiends, summons, races, regions. FFIX comes to mind with the history of both planets and the story and power of crystals. FFX has immense lore attached to it sorrounding the al bhed and Spyra's believes... its always amazing. Bring more of this!
    (0)

Player
    Only thing we need now is full voice acting on all the cutscenes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Munba Lunru
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes View Post
    Nice to hear this Fern, thanks!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Dargoth_Draconia View Post
    But in japanese. It sound better as english.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Dargoth_Draconia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis View Post
    But in japanese. It sound better as english.
    Thank you for the comments, but to make sure they are found by the dev team members in charge of cutscenes, I ask that you re-post them in either the General Discussion or Quests forums. Localization has little say in whether or not a scene gets voiced, or whether Japanese is better than English, and posting about those issues here in a thread about Roegadyn naming conventions and lore might result in your valuable opinions getting buried amongst alhds, skyfs, rostns and the like.

As Yoshi-P mentioned in his letter, we are eager to hear all your suggestions, so don't hesitate to speak up. But before you do, just remember the words of Mary Poppins: "a post for everything and every post in its place."
    (14)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast