Player
    Character
    Ryseria Luise
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by SongJoohee View Post
    Had this problem since launch, after a few hours the game will start to freeze up and monsters will appear invisible (once it happened in the start of Turn 8 and the floor was invisible, and then in Turn 9 and the blue markings were gone), then it crashes. Since the patch it has been worse though, it used to take a long amount of playing the game at once to make it crash, now it's completely random had it happen in 30 mins and then not for 5 hours...
    This happens to me too. I begun noticing it since around patch 2.28, but it's getting worse in 2.3. I'm using Radeon HD 7800
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Deygan Draythe
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I've been having this problem pretty much since launch. I mainly experience extreme frame rate slowdown when attempting to teleport from crowded areas like Revenant's Toll and Limsa Lominsa. Very rarely I'll make it to the zone I was teleporting to, but most of the time I either get stuck on a loading screen until I close the game manually or my client crashes.

Other times my frame rate drops when leaving Revenant's Toll for the other parts of Mor Dhona. If I go back the way I came I've noticed my frame rate returns to normal, but I usually have to restart my client in order to fix things. I also occasionally have weird problems in CT and CT2 where the game freezes almost to a halt as the boss dies, then returns to normal all at once after a few seconds. This usually results in a few (but not all) of the mobs in the areas up ahead becoming invisible as if the game can't load their models.

I'm using a Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB video card and I've got 16GB of RAM. The game runs at anywhere from 40-80 FPS in most conditions on max settings. Because these problems only seem to occur after an hour or so of playing it does seem to me that it might be memory leak related, but it could also be something to do with my video card. I've heard a lot of users with Radeon cards report similar issues.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Soda Pop
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Takanashi_Rika View Post
    I've been having odd graphical artifacts since the patch, most noticeably in Mor Dhona. It's like if you move your camera just right your UI flickers in and out and it's extremely annoying.
    This has been the main issue for me as well. Weird UI flickering in Mor Dhona and other high pop areas. Super annoying.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Riepah Redeemer
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Same problem every few hours.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Levy Mcgarden
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I am getting the same odd FPS drops. Running on a 7970 Ghz and i'm experiencing drops from 50+ to 1-2 fps. Really starting to be annoying. It seems to occur randomly all over the game, but most noticeably in Mor Dhona. When monitoring GPU usage it seems to throttle itself whenever this occurs. It only happens in FFXIV.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    R'ani Ksar
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I've had this issue since launch, and I've found a few ways to delay the crashes but not prevent them. It seems to happen after I've loaded/seen a lot of PCs and Mobs.

Ex: I've been playing over hour and port into the East Shroud for an Odin fate and crash. I re-launch and continue to complete the fate. As I'm leaving and I see more people rushing in late on the fate, I then begin to stutter and then crash again.

Once I begin to have my fps drops, a model occasionally loads in as invisible and I'm guaranteed a crash soon™ (usually changing zones/loading new models). This has gotten to the point that if I play during peak times, I crash at least once an hour.

So the only way to avoid crashing is to not change zones and load in new PCs and Mobs. I can easily AFK in my house and craft for hours without crashing.

Relevant pic of it happening in a dungeon:

edit:
    i7 4770k
    HD 7970 Ghz
    Only happens in this game.
    (1)
    Last edited by RaniKsar; 07-14-2014 at 04:26 AM.

Player
    Character
    Snow Knight
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    This issue really needs to be fixed. Like R'ani said, this issue has been around since launch.

Seemingly randomly FFXIV will, after a few hours, grind to a halt for several seconds while it tries, yet fails, to load some kind of model. Most of the time it's a mount model that fails to load (so you'll see someone floating in the air moving at the same speed as a mount). Sometimes it's mobs that don't show up, sometimes it's parts of mobs, sometimes Moogles, sometimes players. When this happens, there's a very high chance that your client will crash very soon afterwards. When it does crash, chat, the UI, and camera movements are sometimes still usable until you close the dialog box that tells you FFXIV crashed.

More examples:

It's most likely an invalid pointer that tries to load model data from a location in memory that doesn't contain model data but what do I know.
    (4)
    Last edited by S26; 07-14-2014 at 04:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lyndzei Aldercy
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Draythe View Post
    I've been having this problem pretty much since launch. I mainly experience extreme frame rate slowdown when attempting to teleport from crowded areas like Revenant's Toll and Limsa Lominsa. Very rarely I'll make it to the zone I was teleporting to, but most of the time I either get stuck on a loading screen until I close the game manually or my client crashes.
    Same thing here. Happened with a Radeon HD 5970 and it's still happening after upgrading to a Radeon R9 290X at the beginning of the year but less frequently.

Seems Radeon related.
    (1)
    Last edited by Lyn; 07-14-2014 at 06:05 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nakomaru Hanekawa
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    I used to use a GTX 460 and never got this. Instead, I would get NVidia display driver crashes and recoveries (also called TDR crashes).

As soon as I switched to an R9 270x, I never got display driver resets, but I instead started getting the 1-2 FPS for several seconds, then either a client crash or a client freeze.

After observing the problem for months, I believe the underlying cause is the same problem in the FFXIV client. On NVidia, display reset. On AMD, client freeze/crash.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Matiallais Archdalaix
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 81
    Getting the exact same thing as OP. It only ever happens in non instanced areas, especially when I go to teleport. HD7870. Trying to do hunts with this going on is an absolute nightmare. It was never this bad before 2.3.
    (1)

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast