Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Dexterity Jones
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 57
    No one forced you to level the craft, nor is anyone forcing you to repair.

I dont think anyone leveled a craft or more, expecting to get rich off repair work.

As long as they do not COST me money, is all that matters to me.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zoltan Zornfaust
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Getting rich is a lot different than being respectful and offering a fair reward for work done that someone cannot do for themselves.

Here we see the inherent flaws in the system.

People dedicate their time to level crafting. At least offer them something other than the repair material or 2k as reward which does not even cover the price of dark matter from NPC.

People are not being greedy. They do not think that they will become rich by doing repairs. It is taking time from them to do it.

Please tip as if you were getting a leve reward.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    i always offer the matter for the repair, i wish theyed make it so i can offer the matter +1k gil, but thats not an option. i always get my stuff repaired by LS members, but its still be nice to throw them a bone.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Abauge Decebalus
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    I always leave at least 1k-2k tip on all repairs I need made, and I expect others to do the same, unless they are linkshell members. If I don't see the amount expected, I don't repair it, as simple as that.

After 1.19 I think things will be easier and people will use NPC at all times except when they want to sell, so they will have to pay the amount asked anyways.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Medura Bloodspiller
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Limsa NPC sells grade 5 for 5500 ... at least did it earlier.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dexterity Jones
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 57
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Getting rich is a lot different than being respectful and offering a fair reward for work done that someone cannot do for themselves.

Here we see the inherent flaws in the system.

People dedicate their time to level crafting. At least offer them something other than the repair material or 2k as reward which does not even cover the price of dark matter from NPC.

People are not being greedy. They do not think that they will become rich by doing repairs. It is taking time from them to do it.

Please tip as if you were getting a leve reward.
    Point taken.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by DexterityJones View Post
    No one forced you to level the craft, nor is anyone forcing you to repair.

I dont think anyone leveled a craft or more, expecting to get rich off repair work.

As long as they do not COST me money, is all that matters to me.
    Well Dex, that doesn't mean we aren't getting hosed for our efforts in the changes.

Honeslty I am surprised you made this post, expecially as you watched me CREATE AND DONATE that gear I made you when you were brand new.

Shame on you.....Shame......Shame.

We did it for the convenence of ourselves, or friends and our LS. Whih is soon gonna be obsolete at this rate.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Dexterity Jones
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 57
    Coglin, whats that got to do with repair prices?

Im still confused here, not once did I ever take ANYTHING without offering gil or something else down the line of use to those that helped me out when I started.

In fact, not only did I take that to heart, I played it forward and constantly help out new people, out of my own pocket, just like everyone did for me when I 1st showed up.

SO, cheers to you for helping me, but not really sure what this has to do with the OP.
    (0)
    Last edited by DexterityJones; 10-04-2011 at 06:24 AM.

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Veltaine View Post
    Dark Matter costs money. it takes time to find. its not cheap...

can people who actually take the time to read this agree with me? and support that the repair market is now at a fixed price?

I (as snobby as it sounds) will not repair grade 5 material for 1k. thats money out of my pocket so you can make your own.. sorry, i dont know you, im not that nice :P
    Not that it will matter too much after tomorrow, but currently I do 2 things when I seek repairs:

I make sure I have enough dark matter at cost in my bazaar for all of my repairs. Then I generally offer twice the cost of the dark matter. I.E. Last time I wanted to get some boots repaired that required Grade 3, I put one Grade 3 Dark Matter at 1500 gil in my bazaar, and offered 3k.

But that's because I'm a nice guy. Honestly, I think people offering under cost of dark matter are ignorant, not cheap.

EDIT: Though generally, people just skip checking my Bazaar and seem to think I'm like trying to get my money back or something...which is weird.
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by syntaxlies View Post
    i always offer the matter for the repair, i wish theyed make it so i can offer the matter +1k gil, but thats not an option. i always get my stuff repaired by LS members, but its still be nice to throw them a bone.
    This. I was actually shocked the first time I was seeking a repair that I couldn't offer the matter and gil. Only one or the other.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast