Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekko View Post
    @Npc
    Grade I = 100 gils
    Grade II = 600 gils
    Grade III = 1500 gils
    Grade IV = 2800 gils
    Grade V = 4500 gils
    Thanks...apparently I've been over-paying my crafters. I didn't realize price fell off so quickly at lower ranks.
    (0)
    Last edited by Naylia; 09-15-2011 at 06:45 AM.

Player
    Character
    Celeb Carca
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    For repairs, I pay the price of the Dark Matter + 100gil/grade of the Dark Matter

Grade 1= 100+100 = 200 (Well, I can repair most of my level 1-10 stuff so this really doesn't get used)
    Grade 2= 600+200 = 800
    Grade 3= 1500+300 = 1800
    Grade 4= 2800+400 = 3200
    Grade 5= 4500+500 = 5000

I understand that as a "tip", it is tier based as opposed to percentage based but nobody seems to have a problem repairing my gear. Matter of fact, sometimes they repair a bunch, leave, and come back. I don't know if it is due to not having correct gear to change to the appropriate job or the need to get more Dark Matter---I can only speculate. But if it wasn't working for them, I wouldn't expect them to repair and I certainly would not expect them to come back if they did.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tolbari Zheix
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 65
    yes. i usually carry around a lot of matter with me, so i can go repair happy when im bored and for my own gear cuz i die a lot. lol

but im gonna repair your shit if:

1) we never played together
    2) i never met you before
    3) its not enough money

im a friendly dood in fabul. hit me up

lets debunk our repair system, i like being able to make enough money to support the dark matter, but try offering materials/shards equal to the repair.. im curious to do equal trade cuz, all i spend money on nowadays is materials...
    (0)

Gennario Veltaine: Propieter of G&J's Pleather Pleasures

Player
    Character
    The Cyclops
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 44
    Who needs money in this game so bad, that 1k per grade of the dark matter is unaffordable?

I literally can't find anything else to spend my millions of dollars on, other than super-expensive armor which is 1-2% better than what I currently have. I don't mind giving anyone who helps me a good deal for their help - and you get a reputation after a while as someone who pays well for repairs...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tolbari Zheix
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 65
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycloptichorn View Post
    - and you get a reputation after a while as someone who pays well for repairs...
    ^^b +1, exactly!
    (0)

Gennario Veltaine: Propieter of G&J's Pleather Pleasures

Player
    Character
    Suede Derviant
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    It cracks me up when some crafters refuse to repair when I offer the dark matter for free and a 1K tip no matter the grade. I guess the idiots can't put two and two together.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fiofel Zalalafell
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 1
    I think the adventurers who aren't crafters don't understand just how much Netflix and/or macros have been watched to reach the ability to repair grade 5 junk.

If an adventurer really wanted a repair, one they would be wearing optimal rank instead of running around in their r50 set on their r25 class, advertise the type of crafter who can repair with grade (bsm g5), location they can be found at (chocobo), and 10k or so. Or they could just stand around longer, hope to save money, and that an appropriately skilled crafter will take the time to browse their character and switch into the necessary crafter, and repair. Or just pay the NPCs for the 75% if time is a concern.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dexterity Jones
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 57
    I just expect the dark matter in return or the price of whatever grade of dark matter in gil.

If people want to pay me extra great!, if people want to cost me money...ya not happening.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    The Cyclops
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 44
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiosha_Maureiba View Post
    I think the adventurers who aren't crafters don't understand just how much Netflix and/or macros have been watched to reach the ability to repair grade 5 junk.

If an adventurer really wanted a repair, one they would be wearing optimal rank instead of running around in their r50 set on their r25 class, advertise the type of crafter who can repair with grade (bsm g5), location they can be found at (chocobo), and 10k or so. Or they could just stand around longer, hope to save money, and that an appropriately skilled crafter will take the time to browse their character and switch into the necessary crafter, and repair. Or just pay the NPCs for the 75% if time is a concern.
    I always say the same thing:

/shout {Repair} {Grade 5 Dark Matter} {Armorcraft} {Can you do it?} @Gogorano

I rarely wait longer than 5 minutes to get anything repaired. In fact, I don't know that I've ever waited 5 minutes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zoltan Zornfaust
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebcarca View Post
    For repairs, I pay the price of the Dark Matter + 100gil/grade of the Dark Matter

Grade 1= 100+100 = 200 (Well, I can repair most of my level 1-10 stuff so this really doesn't get used)
    Grade 2= 600+200 = 800
    Grade 3= 1500+300 = 1800
    Grade 4= 2800+400 = 3200
    Grade 5= 4500+500 = 5000

I understand that as a "tip", it is tier based as opposed to percentage based but nobody seems to have a problem repairing my gear. Matter of fact, sometimes they repair a bunch, leave, and come back. I don't know if it is due to not having correct gear to change to the appropriate job or the need to get more Dark Matter---I can only speculate. But if it wasn't working for them, I wouldn't expect them to repair and I certainly would not expect them to come back if they did.
    It's cheap people like this who don't tip their waiters or leave 5%.

Honestly, do you know how much it costs to level a crafting job high enough to do level 4 dark matter or level 5 dark matter repairs?

Your 100 per dark matter level calculation is ridiculous when you can make 5k-60k on a level that takes 10 minutes.
    (1)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast