Player
    Character
    Miyafuji Yoshika
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesSaintboroguh View Post
    People wanted the game to be more like FF11, so they got exactly what they asked for.
    if this was ff11, if a party claimed it, you cant touch it till they wipe.
    (2)

Character
    Miles Saintborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I said more like it, not exactly like it
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aleksandr Deicide
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    I agree that Hunts would be better as instances, as opposed to "Open World Content".

As people have repeatedly and blatantly pointed out, the rewards are good and the fights are WAY too easy.
    Honestly even with the sheer amount of rage, angst, and just bitching that this has created among the playerbase... we're actually being rather nice to eachother... for the moment.

Imagine if people DIDNT make LS's for hunts, they just made 8 man groups from their friends or FC, and mindlessly wandered around 1-2 zones, maybe just Coerthas since its so massive, and "hoped" that they'd eventually walk into a Mark like it was some damn streetpost.
    Then as soon as someone finds it, they tag it FIRST, have their party come over, and kill it. No announcements in FC, LS, Shout, no waiting 2-3-5 minutes or until some douchebag pulls... No, EVERYONE would be the douchebag in a true free-for-all-screw-the-rest Hunting Extravaganza!
    It seems that THIS is what a lot of people think of when they hear "Open World Content". You find it, you kill it. You can't kill it? Wait for your friends. Someone else brought their friends first? Sucks to be you... This kind of TRUE competitive hunting spirit would effectively lock 95-99% of the playerbase out of Hunts... CAUSE THEY'D ALL BE DEAD AS SOON AS THEY ARE FOUND!!!

When I thought about Hunts, I pictured someone similar to the Levequests where you go around a set of destinations, get ambushed by mobs, and eventually track down your target.
    Why not do that, but scale it up to group content difficulty.

I would propose the following structure:

Rank B Hunts
    No longer open world. These would be an INSTANCED group daily quest. To access this quest, you need to buy "Information on the recent whereabouts of X" using GC seals. Using this information, you basically have a levequest style scenario where you go to various destinations, fight mobs (which give 1 Allied Mark per encounter), and eventually find your target, which would be scaled to 4 man difficulty.
    Each person is limited to "killing" 6 of these per day... Not just buying 6 sets of info, 6 kills, per person, per day... But you get to participate.

Rank A Hunts
    Remain Open World. 1 Hour Respawn. Zone-Wide Announcement for when it spawns. Once it is engaged, it appears on the map for all to see.
    A Rank A Elite Mark should take 5 minutes to kill.
    To enforce this, create an encounter area around the Mark, with a 50y radius. Every player (and chocobo) will give a stacking buff to the Mark. This buff will decrease the amount of incoming damage based on the # of people there, I will explain this later.
    Rank A and S Hunts are immune to CC, and Provoke.
    Finally, IF YOU ARE ON THE MOB'S HATE LIST WHEN IT DIES, YOU GET FULL CREDIT. So if you are just healing people, full credit. Tagged the mark to begin with, full credit. Got there 10 seconds before it died and landed a Scathe, full credit... ya lazy bum.
    And to make it "fair" - the person/group which tags it, gets 2x Allied Seals and a 2x chance at a Bloody Log... so be in a group and go HUNTING!

Rank S Hunts
    Pretty much the same as A. 18 Hour Respawn, with CLEAR AND UNAMBIGUOUS SUMMONING CONDITIONS...
    Same type of damage reducing mechanism to control fight duration.
    Same reward structure and tagging bonus as A.

Now for this damage reducing mechanism.
    Its simple. Make a 50y radius circle around the Mark. Any player or chocobo companion in that circle counts as a stack, lets just call it N.
    Then a simple line of code...
    Damage = 1 / (1+0.95*(N-1))

So 1 person fighting the boss, 1/(1+.95*(1-1) = 1x damage, from 1 person = 1x damage.
    10 people, 1/(1+.95*(10-1) = .1047x damage, from 10 people = 1.047x damage.
    50 people, 1/(1+.95*(50-1) = .02103x damage, from 50 people = 1.052x damage.
    100 people, 1/(1+.95*(100-1) = .0105x damage, from 100 people = 1.052x damage...
    Basically SE would pick how much "mitigation" the mob gains per player, and as the # of players increases, the total damage approaches 1/"mitigation increase"... so .95 -> 1.053x, .8 -> 1.25x, .5 -> 2x... etc.

Of course Rank A and S HP would have to be adjusted to suit the desired fight time... But the player->mitigation mechanic would ensure that if they want a Rank S to take 15 minutes to beat, it WILL take ~15 minutes to beat, whether there are 8 people, or 400 people fighting it... And EVERYONE gets credit... even the lazy bums. Still, the more people that come to help, the faster the mob goes down, to a point.
    This, combined with a zone-wide announcement and BIG ASS indicator on the map saying "HEY! I'm Open World Content! Participate!" Would help to keep the competitive nature of Hunts, while letting more people participate freely, without any douchebag pulls, and just the general nastiness that seems to follow Hunts lately.
    (2)
    Last edited by Kenji1134; 07-12-2014 at 11:09 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kagari Asuha
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    The hunt system is really a mess - not only the toxicity of the community that it managed to bring out with it, but the rate at which people are getting tomes, sands, oils etc is a bit insane especially when you consider the latter two are still under lockout in both coil and Crystal Tower. A lot of people I know are basically getting a sand a day and as someone who does actively do coil, I think that's a bit insane. Square would do well to put in some sort of seal restrictions, especially since they seem to be keen on preventing people from fast leveling based on their past decisions/nerfs.

They need to adjust this soon and not months later like they waited with PvP. Hunts are a mess and are sapping the enjoyment out of the game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lyra Fenris
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    The sands and oils is fine, its just that its easy to monopolate the spawns right now, like super easy when you add in 3rd party tools people are using. This is leading to people just getting a ton of allied seals (and getting more books through rng) than most other people.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Myss Keta
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    i think that Monster Hunt has been misunderstood by most players.
    Additionally, it's not really well-designed.Now it's like a FATE, but not displayed in the world map.
    NM just die so fast when there are 50 people doing it. I tried the first days and found it so chaotic. People in my server are crazy, they start offending each others in shouts and in community.
    If someone pull the mob before the entire server is ready to attack they start to offend and say "what the F_k have u done? how could u do it? U're selfish etc etc etc."
    I have like most people Naul in my Weekly Hunt. I couldn't do it because when it pops it's killed by this XXL groups.
    I think that the problem is in the reward. People just want Sand Of Time, Oil of Time etc. Now, you need much Sand Of Time To upgrade your gear. For example, i need at least 3 pieces of Sand of Time.
    If I wanted it "easy" I would have started with Monster Hunt. But now, it's just not so funny and community is so toxic atm.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bombastica Davion
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniero View Post
    This is always the first "rumur" to go around after content like this is added to a MMO. It's spurious at best..
    It's not, though. While I can't speak for every server, I can say that a large portion, if not the majority, of people doing the hunts on Balmung are either using tracking software themselves, or are getting location data from Linkshells from people who are using that software (Though many may not know it).

Hilariously, I saw a guy in Coerthas who's mount was named Naul. There was a flock of people bot following him.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyniaer View Post
    Now that you've been sufficiently called on the carpet; your move, rhetorical, flatulent, fustian, gaseous, gassy, grandiloquent, oratorical, orotund, windy, bloated, elevated, florid, flowery, grandiose, highfalutin (also hifalutin), high-flown, high-sounding, inflated, lofty, ornate, pompous, pontifical, pretentious, stilted, tumid, turgid; overdone, verbose, wordy - BOMBASTIC.

Player
    Character
    Kayko Kitsune
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    3rd party programs aside.. even being at a hunt like Naul before the pull this week doesn't get you anything either. I have now on a couple occasions this week shown up before the pull (tag on one) and still no credit for the weekly. This whole "you have been rewarded for your contribution in slaying the mark" BS has to be addressed. If the mob does not have mechanics that involve the absolute need for multiple people, I should not be FORCED into a group to get credit.
    (0)
    You can go anywhere you want in this world with a single blade.
    This may be a virtual world, but I feel more alive here than in the real world.
    -Kazuto Kirigaya

Player
    Character
    Rei'sela Leiyal
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombast View Post
    It's not, though. While I can't speak for every server, I can say that a large portion, if not the majority, of people doing the hunts on Balmung are either using tracking software themselves, or are getting location data from Linkshells from people who are using that software (Though many may not know it).

Hilariously, I saw a guy in Coerthas who's mount was named Naul. There was a flock of people bot following him.
    Man now I really want to name my chocobo after one of the Rank A's next time I'm fishing, summon it, wait 5 minutes and dismiss it, then repeat over and over and over..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Veronica Venom
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    My first hunt, a dragon appears near the Amal'jaa encampment where one receives Beast Tribe Quests. I get some friends from another FC and I heal. Because of time, I just target and heal, I don't get in the party. We down him and shout for joy. I get 2 of everything and they get 20+! Pissed, you could say I was. I found it. I got the first hit, trying to solo it as a BRD - No go. I got asked to switch from Bard to WHM to provide heals for people as a courtesy. I get shafted. From then on, I'd find one and as soon as anyone came by, POW, I hit it. Don't care about partying up. I've been darned lucky enough to "run into" several monsters and I'm enjoying the rewards.
    (2)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast