Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Red Cork
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Thanks for the feedback. Seems like a good enough excuse as any to look into gardening. Might be a worthwhile investment to look into while they get the desynth issue sorted out. After all, I'm sure it won't be the last time they introduce something that will require gardening.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eauijhkuu Yuui
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Chocobos obviously crap magic. So a regular broom wouldn't work.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Red Cork
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Don't give the developers any ideas. That just might end up being one of the required ingredients for the next set of recipes. I can only imagine what it would end up costing on the market board.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Meru Maru
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RygaenYuui View Post
    Chocobos obviously crap magic. So a regular broom wouldn't work.
    Chocoturds should make hyper-powered garden fertilizer~
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mog The'cook
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDedede View Post
    I'm curious. How long does it take to grow a broom bush and a glaze nut?
    Well first you need to plant for Apricot Kernels, so:

Week 1 you're planting Honey Lemons and Prickly Pineapples.
    Week 2 is spent growing things for Royal Kukuru Beans, which is planting the Apricot from week 1 next to a Honey Lemon.
    Week 3 you need to plant a Royal Kukuru next to a Apricot for the Glazenut intercross.
    Week 4 you plant your Glazenut.

The same applies to growing Broombrush so basically you're looking at 1 month until you can make brooms. Even as a small FC you're able to grow both Glaze and Broombrush in the same 8 plot garden though, and if anyone needs help with figuring this all out please feel free to PM me and I'll be glad to help.

My best advice for any, but especially small, FC looking into Choco raising:

1. Pool your quest reward foods together in the FC safe. I know everyone wants to train right away but a small stockpile of food later will be beneficial.
    2. Grow for brooms before Choco food as the foods have a very short growth cycle.
    3. Grow basic food for training, you can get like 144 out of a single 3 day garden.
    4. Grow for advanced food.

I do sympathize that the system seems daunting and stressful at first but you really just need a road map and just keep pushing forward.
    (3)
    Last edited by Laurell; 07-15-2014 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Char limit sucks...

Player
    Character
    Rath Skybreaker
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 88
    I mean, you could figure out how gardening works and harvest the broombush and glaze nuts yourself >_>? Just an option that gets rid of the cost completely, while still giving the benefits.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    At rank 9:

I havent seen Poor status yet.
    Fair status offers 9200 exp per krakka root
    Good status (stables twinkle) offers 12000 exp per krakka, or 1% of the total rank, per use.

I'm not sure if there is another tier of cleanliness yet.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    As Laurell has said, it's not really anything impossible it just takes planning, communication, and time. If your FC can pool your money together to afford a Broombush seed and Glazenut seed (assuming they aren't incredibly expensive - on my server they are 200-300k) you can expedite the process considerably as once you have a seed you will be able to reproduce them with a high success rate.

Almond + Broombush produces more Broombush seeds, almond seeds are easily gathered.
    Apricot + Glazenuts produces more Glazenut seeds, Apricots must be crossbred but can be made with several combinations.

Glazenut + Sun Lemon also produces Apricot seeds so by planning ahead you can perpetually keep Apricot seeds in stock as well once you have a stock of Glazenut seeds.

I've thought of a layout that may help if you do decide to purchase the Glazenut and Broombush, but I will need to check to make sure my information is accurate.
    (0)
    Last edited by Estellios; 07-16-2014 at 08:27 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sakasa Kuro
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 58
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurell View Post
    Well first you need to plant for Apricot Kernels, so:
    Week 1 you're planting Honey Lemons and Prickly Pineapples.
    well rolanberry + pineapple I believe grows faster by a day, but the total math for speed for a single garden (which is strangely doable like they designed it that way) are looking at 21 days - fertilizer adjustment but doing the method of 3 plots for glazenut strain and 3 plots for brushbroom strain leaves 2 slots for krakka which if you use specific combos could lead to extra seeds for Onion Prince or Mimett Gourd, Curiel Root or Tantaplant.

Also I do not advise this if you can help it as there is a risk you could get no cross breeds as g3 than soil is supposedly 90% success, or only one seed making it impossible to immediately make a cycle for glaze back into glaze as there will be a 10% failure and the fact that no known broombrush back into broombrush exists so you will need a successful cross breed twice or three times for halone or you have tyo go for jute to avoid restarting from the beginning of your strain.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sakasa; 07-19-2014 at 12:04 AM.

Player
    Character
    Brady Phelan
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Do you get any XP at all when the stables are Poor?
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast