Player
    Character
    Nako'li Chalahko
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuko View Post
    My chocobo is currently living in his own filth, and I just can't justify buying another stable or doing the magicked broom grind.
    You can't justify growing glazenuts and broombush one time in order to have enough brooms to last you just over 2 months?
    with the math in place, I see it as a perfectly reasonable thing that has been put in.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Red Cork
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesden View Post
    You can't justify growing glazenuts and broombush one time in order to have enough brooms to last you just over 2 months?
    with the math in place, I see it as a perfectly reasonable thing that has been put in.
    I'm curious. How long does it take to grow a broom bush and a glaze nut?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kio Solais
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Gathering all the necessary seeds and soil and the gestation time of the cycle using only one garden took me about a month for just a few glazenuts. I was too burned out from the process to try any jute or broombush. My FC is very disinterested in gardening but seems to enjoy stabling chocobos so I suppose our only option is to either leave it perpetually filthy and hope there is no Erozean Animal Control warden or just buy a brand new stable. The cost of a single broom on my server is more than a stable from the NPC. I wish they had created a low level synth broom alternative that perhaps wasn't as effective at cleaning and may require a few more uses, but was far more accessible. My FC mates seem to want to help train eachothers birds but not everyone is a high level gatherer and crafter and I can't help but feel that these restrictions are pushing out the casual people that this content was intended for. The people that cared about chocobo also already all had rank 10 and can't even use this content yet. I'm sorry for the negative post, I'm just extremely disappointed in how this was handled and feel broody about it.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Aerik Tirel
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I find this equally disappointing.

My FC doesn't have any gatherers or crafters at high level that can make the brooms or even get the seeds necessary to start the magic dance of gardening needed for glazenuts and broombush.

Like, why make side content like this such a chore to even get done? I spent 75k on a broom only to find out it was one use only. That's, frankly, a huge load of crap. This is meant to be casual content. Don't put casual content behind grindy restrictions because then no casual players will bother, and considering casuals are FFXIV's largest install base, I'd seriously think SE should reconsider the whole "Stretching out content" thing they're doing.

Honestly, at this rate, I just kind of wish I hadn't even sunk the FC funds into the whole Chocobo Raising thing, it's just become a waste of time and money.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Nako'li Chalahko
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 52
    I'm a casual player, and I have a Botanist with the 2.2 items, I know other casual players with at least one crafter with fully melded gear. Just because you're casuals don't have this, doesn't mean its an issue for all casual players.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Seraphima Cyngosa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    On pheonix it is currently cheaper to destroy the stables and buy another, rather than make or buy the broom
    Incredibly poor system for something that is spose to be a nice casual side event
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Cigaran Lanarik
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 50
    I too was surprised that there was no alternative this. Frankly there should have been two types of broom:

Standard Broom: This broom is a two or three star craft requiring materials from the unspoiled nodes. These brooms are consumable and will clean out the Chocobo Stables.

Magicked Broom: This broom works like the one we have now. Rarer materials from Gardening are required in order to craft them. These brooms are consumable just like they are now. However using one will clean out the Chocobo Stables and will give a buff to all chocobos in the stable.

This provides for a common entry level item to be used in order to learn and enjoy the system while providing a more rare item that when used goes above and beyond just cleaning out the stalls.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Red Cork
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesden View Post
    I'm a casual player, and I have a Botanist with the 2.2 items, I know other casual players with at least one crafter with fully melded gear. Just because you're casuals don't have this, doesn't mean its an issue for all casual players.
    You still haven't answered my question. Do you garden the broom materials or buy them?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Meru Maru
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDedede View Post
    I suppose we'll just see how long this design decision lasts. In my opinion sweeping up your stable should not be a luxury for those that have the resources and time to make or buy brooms. I'm sure a good number of people in FCs won't be interested in gardening for the entire group or paying 100k for a broom that only lasts 3 days.
    It's cool to want options. Honestly I was sort of surprised it was a consumable - assumed it would be a communal broom thing like helping to water the garden.

It's not a luxury though. I didn't pay a dime for my brooms as I'd already grown glazenuts and broombushes from scratch in 2.2. If you can't be arsed to garden a month to do the same, all you need is to get your hands on the seeds and some G3 Thanalan soil and you're set for as long as you want to make the damn things. They take a week and a half to grow if your FC is lazy/small like mine that never bothers to help fertilize them.

As for usefulness, if a chocobo stable isn't useful to you, don't use it. Chocobo companions aren't terribly useful to begin with, so who cares about having a tertiary communal way to train them, right? It's just for fun, showing off your choco, and making gardening an interesting (if long-winded) minigame.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nako'li Chalahko
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDedede View Post
    You still haven't answered my question. Do you garden the broom materials or buy them?
    grow them.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast