Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Kimura Blaze
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    i agree as well. maybe should toss this on the general discussion for more traffic. I'm sure a lot of people would agree. its not bad using retainers for crystals, getting clusters yourself or buying, bc u only need 1 or 2 per craft, but damn, shards going for 500 a piece sometimes when they used to be 18. somethings definitely wrong with that
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cylla Lightfall
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Would like to see some kind of change also to shards. It mind numbing to farm up a decent amount just to craft. I do enjoy gathering but when it comes to shards, forget it. Even if I farm up 500-700 shards an hour, that still not even a decent enough amount when it comes to leveling a craft or doing desynthesis.
    (2)
    "Everyone has something they hold dear, something they never want to lose. That's why they pretend. That's why they hide the truth. And that's why they lie."

Player
    Character
    Kyana Nekote
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimura410 View Post
    its not bad using retainers for crystals, getting clusters yourself or buying, bc u only need 1 or 2 per craft, but damn, shards going for 500 a piece sometimes when they used to be 18. somethings definitely wrong with that
    Well, the price was so low because there were a number of bots farming shards.
    And people bought them because they were cheap and because, and that's the important part, they are a pain to farm.

I also agree that gathering shards needs a boost.
    Maybe a passive trait for gatherers which increases the yield of the ward skills by 10 for shards and 5 for crystals, giving a total of 11-12 shards per hit insead of 3-4.
    I also like the idea of bringing back the ability to break clusters into crystals and crystals into shards.
    And Elementals should get a slight increase in crystals and have clusters added to their possible drops (only the high level elementals of course).

Gathering shards is just a mind numbing activity, even for low level gatherers.
    Whenever I gather them for more than 10 minutes I almost fall asleep because it's so boring.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Yolanda Freebush
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Why did they not add a ward for Ice and Earth shards? Water, lightning and fire have this, so what gives? My baby seems to like the music in the game, so if I'm playing and she gets hungry. I will usually go mine shards. I have mastered using the PS4 controller with one hand. Usually by the time she s done eating I'll have around 400 shards, usually ice, always running out of them.

It would be nice f the retainer could gather more than 30. Some items take way more than that just to craft them. Atleast as the retainer level gets higher give them a higher yield.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arianna Starslayer
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye_Gore View Post
    Why did they not add a ward for Ice and Earth shards? Water, lightning and fire have this, so what gives?.
    Ice, Earth and Wind wards are on botanist and can be cross-classed over
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kiara Silvermoon
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Definitely agree!

Dev Team, please consider increasing the ways we can gain Shards again. It's become a major bottleneck. There are some great suggestions here, and two very simple solutions that are easy to implement are:

* Allow Regular Mobs to Drop Shards Again.

You turned off this drop in 2.0, and it's a simple way to relieve the STRESS of Shards right now.

* Increase Shard Yield on Gathering Nodes (at least Higher Level Nodes)

This is also literally just Changing One Number in your tables. No extra programming needed.

You actively say you're battling RMT / Gil Sellers / Bots, but the current situation actually drives more people to resort to illegal measures (or give up trying to craft). Thanks.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mero Mero
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    instead of asking for increase shards gathering quantity, how about making a quest for level 50 DoH to grant an ability to occasionally(say 40-50%) spare any shards/crystals/clusters every synthesis.

maybe call it Reclaim II? consume cp, of course.
    (0)
    Last edited by Umero; 07-23-2014 at 06:10 AM.

Player
    Character
    Velo'a Nharoz
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Inb4 allow alchemist to desynth clusters into crystals and crystals into shards
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lynn Scifo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    I agree.

I feel crafting relies way too much on shards and their importance has become too important because the prices skyrocketed.
    I used to not care that much when they were 10-20gils each. But now they are ten times more expensive.

I also feel that the skills that increase the yield might be too costly.
    It's fine when clusters are involved but not for shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Velox View Post
    Inb4 allow alchemist to desynth clusters into crystals and crystals into shards
    And I like this idea as well

I trust you can find a nice and balanced way to help us with that shards issue.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hashirama Senju
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Just have the lv50 gathering gear have a Bonus to gathering additional shards when wearing the outfit.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast