Player
    Character
    Alan Turing
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamex View Post
    So in essence a minimal increase at best and not consistent probably. Advantage to LB yes but not a critical issue, i110 will still get you where you need to go on that front. So to sum up in response to OP's post we can say that Novus is not worthless?
    Yes. Most probably, the relic is the second best choice at the moment. It's a tedious but nice long-term goal to achieve, you don't have to rush it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Edward Volcdegen
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Grotesque View Post
    Yes. Most probably, the relic is the second best choice at the moment. It's a tedious but nice long-term goal to achieve, you don't have to rush it.
    Thank you for at least admitting something many refuse to do, and that is saying relic is still a viable choice.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mara Ileres
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Dragoon View Post
    The developers said that they hope to eventually have the relic weapons become what they are actually referring to from FF XI,
    become what they are actually referring to from FF XI,
    FF XI,
    Oh.

From job progression to "When did I start playing FFXI". You know, FFXIV has more grind than a Korean MMO.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kuwagami Tarynke
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 78
    Quote Originally Posted by AscendantManes View Post
    You know, FFXIV has more grind than a Korean MMO.
    You never played a Korean MMO, I get it
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aika Nakamura
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 51
    Well, the relic weapon is CLEARLY meant to be obtained, so I'd like to think that it'd probably be worthwhile way down the line (back me up here Square, pls), even if the High Allagan weapon is better. It's a ever-so-slightly better weapon over the Novus, but requires much more participation and skill than the Novus (I can just movie night the hell out of some Novus Relic, while you can't do that with Coil, and if you can you are CLEARLY a better human being than I am!).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raynor Icebrand
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    lol... the elitists in this thread.

Ya'll need to go outside more. Animus and Novus are both perfectly viable choices, unless the only way you can play "skilled" content is to be overgeared.
    (0)
    (Ezri Teken'duis) the loldrg is not a mythical creature like chucacabra or sasquatch, it is very real

Player
    Character
    Synth Istituto
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 85
    I seem to remember coil being ended in 2.4 patch as per the live letter. Can't find the last live letter at the moment. I'm no expert on MMO's and how they work but I have strong opinion that the relic weapons will end up as the strongest weapons in the game when everything is said and done. The amount of work one has to put into them is a lot but well worth it in some regards. Novus isn't completely useless at all and its something that everyone can do. I've come across a lot of people who make fun of others for completing the relic upgrade as per the patches, but when or if SE adds something that is only available for the relic, such as as special animation or something then people will be sorry for not wanting to do it. If it does turn out to be the most powerful weapon then people will just complain that it is unfair that people have their weapon and the like etc. or simply find something else to complain about and want SE to level the playing field.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Your Character
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Grotesque View Post
    It is the best thing to work on that's available right now and will matter when ilvl 120+ rolls around.
    (0)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6