Player
    Character
    Brine Gildchaff
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenolithium View Post
    But, hey, what do I know, I'm not someone with an Animus/Zenith holding people back in Coil/Primals because something actually hits for damage.
    Oh hello there, reason several of my friends refuse to do endgame. Nice to see you popping up again.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Probably because 95% of the game's population will not have a HA weapon while the content is limited by weekly lockouts.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kuwagami Tarynke
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 78
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenolithium View Post
    But, hey, what do I know, I'm not someone with an Animus/Zenith holding people back in Coil/Primals because something actually hits for damage.
    Oh so you cleared all Coil T1-T5 with titan weapon only because having a relic zenith is "holding people back" ? Stop the trashtalk and the non-sense please. Or rather, stop hurting yourself
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Chris Box
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    You guys realize the relic chain is going to go on, why would you not go novus? In the end it could be BiS for all we know.
    (0)

Character
    Adler Lett
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ruinedmirage View Post

This might be stretching it, but I'm gonna say if you have the "time" to get a Novus weapon (really, how long did it take?), you have the time to learn a bit of second coil.... but everyone's time not matching up with yours (or vice versa) would also fall under not having a static group to get it done.
    I am working on Novus and don't plan to try 2nd coil unless my FC finally beat turn 5. There are 2 main reasons for this:
    1) I don't want to join groups of screaming retards that say they want to practice but quit after 1 wipe and don't plan to lie that I know 2nd turn and get kicked after 5 min - I better waste my time doing Novus instead (this way I spend time with more fun and some actual reward in the end)
    2) I do things I can actually complete alone to pimp up my gear as much as possible to be able to help my FC and myself to finally beat turn 5 and start 2nd coil
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisbox View Post
    You guys realize the relic chain is going to go on, why would you not go novus? In the end it could be BiS for all we know.
    too much work and not worth the time is why.

there is no "end", there will always be more raids every 6 months, and that will always have the best stuff. if the servers are going to go down, nobody is going to care what BiS is.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maluber Venali
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Because it glows.... Nuff said!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Brine Gildchaff
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Well, from what I understand, Yoshida has said that the weapon drops from the current top-tier raiding content (i.e. Twintania drops in 2.0 and 2.1, Turn 9 drops in 2.2 and 2.3, etc.) will always be the absolute best weapons in the game... that said, a properly infused Novus is currently the best i110 weapon in the game, hands down.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaliga Moonshade
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Thing is, I do have a static for coils and I still see myself getting Novus far sooner than I will see HA weapon. Another group in my FC began downing T9 weekly, but for the last several weeks has seen the same weapons drop making the effort a couple of them put into Novus worth while cause it is still better than the other 110 weapon option in the end.

You can quantify effort:time ratios all you want, but in the end it is still a 2nd best choice simply because you can now tailor the weapon to be the 2nd best choice. Most other weapon options are i100 now instead of only 5 under the best choice. I'm almost done with my novus and quite simply...I'd much rather spent the time doing det/crit than settling with the Tome/Sand 110 Crit/SS as brd.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yonko Chao
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    While I agree with your first part they have said that the best weapons in the game will always come from dungeons.

That said I would take a WHM novus over the HA one since I don't need SS on my WHM and the 3 MND is more than made up for by the 31 DET. Even the 2 damage isn't that big of a deal.
    (0)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast