Player
    Character
    Svaja Soultear
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ruinedmirage View Post

This might be stretching it, but I'm gonna say if you have the "time" to get a Novus weapon (really, how long did it take?), you have the time to learn a bit of second coil.... but everyone's time not matching up with yours (or vice versa) would also fall under not having a static group to get it done.
    I haven't finished my Novus yet, at 32/75 at the moment.
    But I still have a lot of playtime so to speak, but it differs from week to week because of alternating shifts.
    Have had several offers to be part of coil statics, but we agreed that me not being able to join every week would be a bad thing, especially regarding progression.
    I could get some runs in T6-8 probably, but not see me clearing T9 anytime soon. Mostly due to lockouts and not many groups have that on farm with pugs yet.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nico Nico
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajidourden View Post
    Basically sums up Novus weapons. Even with the optimal setup of materia, they still won't be better than a High allagan weapon, and they require WAY more time and effort to get. Why would anyone ever bother with it?
    bcoz you need it for the next upgrade... ^^;
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Azul Earendil
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Basically sums up Novus weapons. Even with the optimal setup of materia, they still won't be better than a High allagan weapon, and they require WAY more time and effort to get. Why would anyone ever bother with it?
    Because it´s a optional long term goal.

I love those threads, as if downing T9 1-8 times to get YOUR high allagan is no effort at all...
    (1)
    Never a mind was changed on an internet board, no matter how good your arguments are...

Player
    Character
    Kuwagami Tarynke
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 78
    And with 2.4 patch, HA will be worthless vs the next step of Relic (let's call it SSA relic, gotta keep it becoming more glowy) and if you can't beat the last turn you'll rant about people having better weapons than yours despite not "putting the effort".

How about finally learning how a vertical progression MMO works and learn that the useless "next best weapon that grows with time" is far more valuable as an investment than the last raid weapon ?
    Sure you'll get raid weapon faster usually if you're very good, but if you aren't part of the top, the relic is the way to go 100% of the time. Wether you complete it before getting the raid weapon or not is irrelevant to the point here..
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Your Character
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagami View Post
    And with 2.4 patch
    Exactly, the only content available right now with any chance of staying power in the long run is novus.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Renabi Rena
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    The developers said that they hope to eventually have the relic weapons become what they are actually referring to from FF XI, so if I'm to have any sort of guess, they're probably going to end out as the strongest weapons available for those classes in the game due to the tireless amount of hours you have to put in to getting them to that level.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Horobi Jainame
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Keep in mind the situation between XI and XIV is different tho, relics were the best of the best for over 6-7 years. In XIV, everything is reset every 6 months roughtly, so we'll always have to put in some effort to keep it upgraded.

Regardless, they'll be some serious vanity gears in a few years when 98% of the players give up on them.
    How many threads here have we seen with "there's nothing to do" or "coil down, now what?" ? Those guys clearly didn't build a relic or two.

Ugh, I've got a clunky english today, like my driving. I'm afraid to go back to work now ><;
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zara Diaspora
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 63
    Depends on the person who is playing is all. Like myself, I don't have time for a static coil. I have time for an hour or so a day, maybe spread out through the day to play because I have things to do. I can cook dinner and farm some atma, or finish up some dungeon runs while I get house work done. Or the long wait time that comes with your partner saying "I'll be ready in a minute!!" and that minute turns into 45? Well that's 45 minutes I got to get book mobs or do leves..or sit for a fate.

I do not have the time sit on my computer 4 hours at night when anything can come up, this relic quest caters to that lifestyle so that I can get something. Why not farm levi or other things? I do, but it's a random drop..this is something I know I can accomplish, and I enjoy my SMN book of glow.

So why would anyone bother with it? Because...24 hours in a day just aren't enough for me. Between work, friends, life in general, a few spread hours through the day are enough for me to catch up. Now for others? this isn't the path for you..for those who spent the whole day on 2.3 getting everything done posting their Ramuh items and complaining that people in Crystal Tower 2 can't play..or demand that you know that fight in PF for Ramuh EX..then don't bother with this quest, tackle coil.
    (5)
    Last edited by Leigaon; 07-11-2014 at 12:15 AM.

Player
    Character
    Thor Stark
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    The "time and patience" argument works with coil as well. Sorry, I think doing actual end-game stuff and being rewarded with HA gear is more impressive and worth the time and patience than level synching some trash fate we did almost a year ago. Then farming trash dungeons. But, hey, what do I know, I'm not someone with an Animus/Zenith holding people back in Coil/Primals because something actually hits for damage.
    (0)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast