Character
    Adol Giantbane
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60

The cost of fracture is TOO DAMN HIGH!

<insert meme here>

Seriously though, does anyone else feel that 80 TP is a little high for fracture?

I usually just don't use this ability. It really strains my TP usage since we have no way to restore TP (no access to Invigorate) and it will cause me to run out of TP in longer fights that don't have forced rest periods.

I can't imagine it's really all that useful for most other jobs that have access to it either. For the PLD it's just not worth using in most situations. Barely a DPS increase and it becomes a huge drain on TP since it needs to be refreshed every 18s. For DRG it's not worth using at all after changes to their main combo. Only class that I think can get much use out of it is MNK, but doesn't it cause them TP issues also if they're using it a lot?

Does anyone else feel this would be a much better skill at 60 TP? I'd certainly get more use out of it on my WAR and my PLD.
    (8)

Character
    Axle Ten
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    For pld yes it is not that great due to the 18 seconds it is cast for. For warrior they gain the absolute most from it due to the trait that extends it to 30 seconds. when you factor in the "ticks" as they are called, it is pretty useless for pld but is somewhat useful for mrd. It really all boils down to a little extra dps. i prefer to use it for anything that has a phase change. Bosses like levi are great to use this on since the ticks will keep going as he is underwater.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Vayne Kaonis
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 70
    The only time I really use this anymore, is when I know there's an enemy I won't be hitting for a bit. Like Leviathan when the spumes or adds are up. But for any extended fight like during all of P2 of T5, I don't use it, it just demolishes my TP unless I have a BRD to cast paeon.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blanitar Abarhyrsyn
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    As a warrior you should be trying to maximize your dps while tanking (well any tank should honestly). You should be using fracture and if possible find a way to include it into your rotation as it will ultimately increase your overall dps. More DPS = Shorter Fights
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabian View Post
    As a warrior you should be trying to maximize your dps while tanking (well any tank should honestly). You should be using fracture and if possible find a way to include it into your rotation as it will ultimately increase your overall dps. More DPS = Shorter Fights
    Nope.

Fitting in Fracture reduces SE uptime, making it a wash or an extremely marginal gain at higher TP cost anyways.
    (3)

XI: Zeroblade, Titan Server

Player
    Character
    Washed Up
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Theres more problems with fracture then just high tp cost.

It doesnt generate any extra enmity
    Effects your debuff uptimes
    And slows your wrath generation.

More then enough reasons to ignore it.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Blanitar Abarhyrsyn
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by SeraviEdalborez View Post
    Nope.

Fitting in Fracture reduces SE uptime, making it a wash or an extremely marginal gain at higher TP cost anyways.
    Not really interested in discussing this with you as it has already been discussed in length in another thread. I'll include the link in case you haven't read it. Fracture is without a doubt an increase in your damage, whether or not you choose to use the ability is up to you.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...racture/page12
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabian View Post
    Not really interested in discussing this with you as it has already been discussed in length in another thread. I'll include the link in case you haven't read it. Fracture is without a doubt an increase in your damage, whether or not you choose to use the ability is up to you.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...racture/page12
    From that link.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
    And I'll concede that point, but you're still inflating the contributions of Fracture. It provides less than 2.3% increased DPS in an optimal situation; over time, it provides so little in addition that it's effectively a wash.
    Which is pretty much what I just said.

Also old topic.
    (3)

Character
    Baron Eduardo
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Fracture + Bloodbath (better if applied under Storm's Eye and if possible while Berserk'd and Unchained) is a cheap HP regen and it does generate hate towards you because you are healing yourself.

I use it all the time and have little issues with TP on most fights.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    The DoT part of it doesn't benefit from Bloodbath.
    (8)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast