Player

Cascading Enmity / Linking Enmity

Here's something to help with speed-running, etc. To make it so the developers don't have to go through every dungeon to check for speed-run balancing acts, the developers should instead cause the enmity to cascade, or distribute across the entire party once a party member attacks / etc. a monster. For instance, here's how it currently works...

Party
    Member A
    Member B
    Member C
    Member D

Member A is the tank. They attack a monster. All monsters linked to that monster will immediately move all enmity to the tank:

Party
    Member A << All Enmity
    Member B << NaN / -1
    Member C << NaN / -1
    Member D << NaN / -1

Since the enmity value of all the other party members is actually NaN (or -1) rather than zero or "1" the monsters do not appear in the enemy list. (Which is unfortunate for any healer in the party. They can't see if the aggro meter might change immediately and whatnot if they heal the tank.) Instead of doing the above, I suggest that the aggro/enmity system change slightly:

Party
    Member A << All Enmity
    Member B << 0 Enmity / 1
    Member C << 0 Enmity / 1
    Member D << 0 Enmity / 1

Instead of Nil, or -1 or NaN, this would be used, causing the whole party to have some enmity of sorts. When the person with the most enmity goes out of chase range, the monster will switch to the closest person in the party link, rather than going back to its spawn and turning invuln / yellow. This CAN be abusable in the over-world, to a degree. But, you can make a separate system to warn players of this when a party member attacks an enemy, such as "Party members are now linked. Enmity is shared."

Original Post: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...12#post1317112
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Asny Rak'nys
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Why? I mean as a healer you just look at the mob names... once they turn red there is some enmity there and you can start your work. And above all trust your tank to actually do the work. Frankly I don't see what you are trying to solve here as well. Also as a DD the Nil/NaN/-1 is actually helpful because I can see that the other DD isn't hitting the same mob as me and I can refocus to the other one.
    (1)