Player
    Character
    Inspired God
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70

Shadows/Textures flickering and shimmering

Hello, I just downloaded the game and I've been having this issue that is ruining my immersion. Whenever I move my character the (although the shadows part gets fixed if I put all shadow settings on high)shadows/grass/trees and sometimes the ground starts to flicker.This is worse during the daytime. I'm running at about 60 fps so that's not really the issue. This seems to be a somewhat common problem and I'm working on tweaking some settings to see if I can fix it.

My specs are:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
    AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti - newest drivers
    16 GB ram

I've found some examples

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoCyHEBwQDY - :11-20 second mark look at the textures on the chair, this is whats happening

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ng#post1134884

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ing-shimmering

Those threads are also is what I'm talking about
    I havn't had this issue in any other games, and its REALLY bad and will basically make the game near unplayable for me.
    (5)
    Last edited by Oxmodial; 06-26-2014 at 09:46 AM.

Player
    Character
    Inspired God
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Well it looks like I found a fix, posting here for anyone who may have similar problems. Apparently The anti-aliasing just looks really bad for me and since theres no way to force it to look decent through ingame settings or through nvidia control panel, I stumbled upon nvidia inspector which allows you to force a type of anti-aliasing that makes a huge difference ingame (can be a bit tough on your GFX card, though)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...-cards-(SGSSAA)

This guide shows you how to do it, and boy does it make a big difference. It doesn't completely fix the problem, but it makes it good enough that it doesn't bother you while you're trying to play.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Neuton Rocke
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Well i am experiencing the same thing however i am on the ps3. We just got a new flat screen tv and i see the same issues. It didnt happen on the previous flat screen we had. I had tried some settings but cant figure it out. Anyone on a ps3 with similar issues can you help please?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jupiter Stormcrow
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Having an identical issue, but on PS4 - Just got a new Samsung 6350 LED TV and this just started. The game is unplayable like this. I've tried adjusting every option available on TV, in game and on PS4 with no solution. Tried new HDMI cable, hooked my PS4 back up to my old LG TV LCD flat screen and the issue is non existent... I'm at a loss with this. But oh well, guess it's time to move on to a different game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Von Hummer
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 15
    same problem, but with an amd card so the fix won't work for me.
    is there any way of dealing with this except for waiting for the dx11 client?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Anty Lion
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    well dx11 didn't fix this at all. especially the old areas flicker just as much as they did before. The new areas seem to be better, but mostly cause it's way darker there in general and the ground textures are new (a lot of them at least it looks like).

Might be because some textures are still such low on quality that only proper Anti-aliasing fixes this.

I did try to force SGSAAX4 with nvidia. well. It looks amazing, no flickering anywhere but... its like a -40% in performance, so a no go.

I really would love to have an answer from the DEV team
    - are we getting more Anti-aliasing choices in the future (some games from small companies offer: MSAA 2- 8X + FXAA QFXAA + other very smooth post processing AA ) Yet FFXIV offers a bad quality FXAA setting that doesnt do anything for flickering. well now the flickering is blurry lol
    - when will we get them? are you working on it?
    - just ask the witcher 3 team to get their AA codes. It sureley does a perfect job.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nischana Moonfury
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 51
    I have the same problem and its killing me, my eyes seem to not like this flickering...its just extrem painfull ill tryed everything to fix it dx9 dx11 all grapic changes, driver updates.

i tryed the nvidia inspector too, but it did not do it for me cant find out the setting that fixes that stuff, can someone post me his settings ?
    (0)
    Last edited by Nischana; 06-28-2015 at 04:00 AM.

Player
    Character
    Dark Past
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    OMG i've been all around nvidia and evga forums trying to fix my gpu !! until i tried the game in different PC and same issue occurred

1st PC

i7 2600
    gtx 550 ti
    8gb ram

2nd PC

i7 4770
    gtx 960
    16gb ram

I'm soooo tired
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dark Past
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Please Devs fix it asap
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dark Past
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Found a partial fix, doesn't fix the shadows quality 100% but makes them 50% better

on DX9 check "Use low-detail models on distant objects. (LOD)" as the following picture :-

http://i.cubeupload.com/qtlRxh.jpg

if you uncheck it, it will go back to bad quality again as the following picture :-

http://i.cubeupload.com/ADcyyG.jpg

now will go test it on DX11 but i doubt it will be fixed there
    (1)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast