Character
    Ryu Tatsu
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50

Glamour & Need

Hello everyone,

I'm making this forum to discuss something I've been seeing a lot of and I think may discouraging some people. Although this issue does not discourage me it is really aggravating when leveling up my other classes. That issue is how people will roll need on items for glamour that they don't need.

To give you an example I'll use a situation I've had many times. So i've been farming T2 for quite awhile now and for me healing items never ever drop. So 30+ runs into the instance the healing boots drop. Now I have i80 boots the healer with me happens to have i100 boots. I let them know that I've been farming this instance like crazy and would really need the boots. They never say anything and at the end of the run they need on the boots and win them

Now my proposition is they need system should be worked a little differently to calculate the Ilvl or a person set item. I.E. If one person has i90 of an item and the other person has i70 of an item, and a I90 item drops then the person who already has the i90 piece should only be able to greed that piece instead of need. That way the person who actually does need it gets it. Now if the item that drops is lets say i110 item and one player has a i80 item & the other an i90. They both should still be able to need on the item. Since they both actually need the item.

Now some people may like this other may not, but I just wanted to start a thread and see what people think. Because honestly when something like this happens to you it doesn't feel good at all, and I know it must be discouraging to new players to have stuff taken from the them by someone who already has the same ilvl item or better just for glamour purposes. I truly believe glamour should be on a greed basis and not need. And the way I explained it would work perfectly.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Lunar Emerald
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    No. Thinking you're more entitled to a drop for whatever reason makes you selfish. You both did the battle, so you both equally deserve it. It's as simple as that.
    (105)

Player
    Character
    Boo Box
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I do not like that idea at all. There are plenty of people who have also been farming the bejeezus out of a certain dungeon/raid trying to get X drop for glamour, so simply because they are a higher iLevel, they should get a penalty? And then there are those who use their dungeon drops to turn in for GC seals (this obviously wouldn't apply to all gear since not everything can be turned in). Who is to say the gearing of your character is more important than whatever use they have for those seals?
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Lunar Emerald
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarEmerald View Post
    No. Thinking you're more entitled to a drop for whatever reason makes you selfish. You both did the battle, so you both equally deserve it. It's as simple as that.
    The fact of the matter is, that healer wouldn't have been doing T2 if there wasn't a drop they wanted. If such a system was implemented then high gear players would either stop doing the instances or purposely wear bad gear to bypass the system. Both would hurt the game.
    (25)

Player
    Character
    Flare Avagnar
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    At this point in the game, the Soldiery gear and High Allagan is much better. Weathered Daystar Sollerets are like 495 Soldiery tomes. I main WHM and now SCH, I've never saw the healing boots drop til after the 2.2
    weekly lockout lift in coil. If your not spending your myth on anything, just buy the Argute Boots for your SCH for the time being.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaelah Tae
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    That healer may have been doing endless runs to get them to drop for their glamour too. I think the need system is fine as it is. If you're desperate for the drop you can always PF and arrange so the other healer already has them or agree not to roll. (Though for the latter it must be someone you can trust.)

Edit: I know how you feel though, it's happened to me too. :3
    (4)
    Last edited by Kaelah; 06-23-2014 at 12:44 AM.

~Quit moping, get hoping~

Player
    Character
    Ryu Tatsu
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by FlareR View Post
    At this point in the game, the Soldiery gear and High Allagan is much better. Weathered Daystar Sollerets are like 495 Soldiery tomes. I main WHM and now SCH, I've never saw the healing boots drop til after the 2.2
    weekly lockout lift in coil. If your not spending your myth on anything, just buy the Argute Boots for your SCH for the time being.

Actually using the myth to get my books
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ryel Altaria
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Skivvy View Post
    I do not like that idea at all. There are plenty of people who have also been farming the bejeezus out of a certain dungeon/raid trying to get X drop for glamour, so simply because they are a higher iLevel, they should get a penalty? And then there are those who use their dungeon drops to turn in for GC seals (this obviously wouldn't apply to all gear since not everything can be turned in). Who is to say the gearing of your character is more important than whatever use they have for those seals?
    Sad to say but this is the truth, you are no more entitled to a drop than anyone else who does the run with you regardless of how many times you have run for it, i do understand though it's very frustrating.
    (4)

Player

I see where the OP is coming from and it does suck for that to happen.

If I personally do a DG for a glamour item, I tell the party at the start that's why I'm there and that's what I'll be needing on, any problems with that and they can kick me.

That said I don't like the idea of not being able to need based on ilvl.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Momo Borkasch
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    It's a sad fact in MMO's that people will take items for small benefits to themselves I have seen items taken that were going to be used for that persons retainer and even as a glamour for a persons retainer, you will never know how much that other healer was looking for those boots and they could have been legitimately trying to farm them or they could have been spiteful because that happens too, you just have to hope the RNG is in your favour even though it feels like it never is.

Best of luck in your future drops!
    (2)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast