Player
    Character
    Kuki Mata
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

Tank disrespect.

I'm going to start saying i never saw a so crap implementation of aggro in all MMOs i ever played. The aggro is so tight, if i need a cooldown to defend myself i can lose it.

Now to the disrespect part, DPS pull the aggro and keep blaming tanks for not generating aggro, like we already did not spam OP and Flash enough, and to make it worse they don't get enough dmg and keep bragging about "i'm tanking".

Well i'm done, i tanked in WoW and AoC, but this game needs a revision.
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Jera Teiwaz
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    You just gotta find some cooler peeps ^^ Friends work together!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Olivia Lynn
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Get much easier post 40 for PLDs with the introduction of shield oath. Prior to that its not hard to pull aggro off a PLD. However DPS needs to learn how to adapt to the level of threat a tank generates, while a tank needs to also be generating enough threat that DPS can do their jobs as well.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Lughna Ravensworn
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 40
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkaviano View Post
    I'm going to start saying i never saw a so crap implementation of aggro in all MMOs i ever played. The aggro is so tight, if i need a cooldown to defend myself i can lose it.

Now to the disrespect part, DPS pull the aggro and keep blaming tanks for not generating aggro, like we already did not spam OP and Flash enough, and to make it worse they don't get enough dmg and keep bragging about "i'm tanking".

Well i'm done, i tanked in WoW and AoC, but this game needs a revision.
    If you lose aggro you haven't hit flash enough (or OP) My experience has been with the Pally/Gld while leveling. I haven't had a problem keeping aggro for the most part. (mistakes can happen). For me it was shield lob>flash x3>roh combo>flash>riot blade combo>flash>roh combo>flash>repeat till dead pack of mobs. In WoW aggro was a given on any but a warrior for aoe tanking. FF14 you actually have to work at it. Also your mitigation abilities are off the GCD so you will never need a CD to use one.

As far as dps pulling goes are you marking your targets? Set up some keys to mark order with a keypress, I have them set to my number pad on my mouse. Then dps will be attacking your target. You will need to flash heavily though to keep aoe from pulling the rest of the mobs. When I hit bane on my summoner you can always tell the tanks that don't flash enough from those that do because all but the marked target come to me after a couple ticks.
    (3)
    Last edited by Kerberon; 06-21-2014 at 05:44 AM.

Player
    Character
    Bombastica Davion
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 60
    Tanking gets rough at about 30 - its the time where dds start getting the bigger, badder abilities, but tanks get nothing. It's just an odd time.

It all straightens itself out when you get Shield Oath/Defiance.

In the mean time, try marking targets, and if the dds don't obey, watch them - if they are single targeting, move on to your hate combo. If they are aoeing, continue to spam flash and your MP regeneration combo.

If its a bard mocking you, you're just going to have to deal with it. At that level, there is not much you can do to keep hate off of a bard if he really wants it.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyniaer View Post
    Now that you've been sufficiently called on the carpet; your move, rhetorical, flatulent, fustian, gaseous, gassy, grandiloquent, oratorical, orotund, windy, bloated, elevated, florid, flowery, grandiose, highfalutin (also hifalutin), high-flown, high-sounding, inflated, lofty, ornate, pompous, pontifical, pretentious, stilted, tumid, turgid; overdone, verbose, wordy - BOMBASTIC.

Player
    Character
    Dalek Codex
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    If a DPS pulls aggro and dies, just sit back and laugh at them. Seriously, They can literally watch the threat table to know when they will pull so if it's surprising that it happened then they deserve it.

If a healer is pulling aggro (simply from healing you) then that is a good indicator that you are doing something wrong.
    (15)
    Always remember the Silver Rule:
    "Treat others as they treat you!" ...or something like that.

Character
    Axle Ten
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Hate to break it to you but if you are tanking as a warrior and still losing hate to everyone then its quite possible you are the one at fault. Also if the player is level synced from level 50 your gonna have a hard time keeping aggro as they are going to be able to do the best damage possible for that level. Most of the time if im going on my monk, i let the tank know i will pull one off of him and tank it so he doesnt fret about it that much. plus it helps him control the ones he/she can take care of at lower levels. Tanking is really easy once you get Defiance (30) as war and Shield oath (40) as pld. You should already have defiance from your warrior job. if you dont then you need to get it ASAP. and if you are still losing hate you should take a look at a guide for warriors. they are easily the best AOE/Solo emnity tank due to the high damage (pld is for defence buffs so dont get butthurt i said this k guys ;D) If you let people know to slow down and take it easy at the start runs go a lot smoother.

Many people have the idea that tank is group lead and sets the pace so make sure you tell them if they are pulling hate off of you and ask them to slow dps if needed. If they still dont listen then screw it, theres nothing you can do to change a bad dps, besides kick them ofc. continue tanking as you would and let them eat it once or twice. they usually get the hint.

So in short:
    1. Get Defiance
    2. Read a guide.
    3. Use OP/Flash multiple times at the start of a fight to build aggro on the targets.
    4. Use your Butchers combo a couple times on the enemy being focused first, then rotate your first 2 skills on one target, then butchers the next one. I do this and rarely have issues with aggro on multiple mobs of ~3.
    5. Relax, its just a game and people will ALWAYS be dicks online. its in their nature to when they have no serious repercussions.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    I get what you are saying, it takes a while to get used to. I came into the game expecting enmity-generating tank skills to be more powerful. The worst is when you have a black mage bombing big groups of enemies, you are pretty much forced to just spam flash over and over to keep up with that. Fewer targets are more relaxing, you can just watch the threat levels and hit your big moves on monsters you are close to losing, and provoke on ones you lost if it happens.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tifabeam Square
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 86
    everyones nice to me as a tank i get cured a lot and people say stuff like "dude 500 damage?" and "lol flashed?" and "why dont you wear the blank and the blank now"
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Your Character
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 60
    By the end of it you'll be saying threat generation is too strong for tanks; unless someone's an average 20 levels average above you they're just not pulling hate after the first 10 seconds of a fight.
    (0)

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast